Character Info High Level Games/Errata from the Expert Set?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:46 pm 

zhowar wrote:Netrodent, did you carefully check all of the numbers in each table for differences? If so, you could have a rulebook from after the Errata was incorporated.

My first comment was a bit hasty.  I just finished a more thorough check and did find a two definite discrepancies:

1.  The saving throw vs. Rod/Staff/Spell for dwarves level 4-6 is 10 in my book, not 9 like on the mystery sheet.

2.  The titles for Elven experience levels are not divided by '/' in my book.

I also found two other things that might be differences or might just be a bad scan.  

3  The saving throw vs. Rod/Staff/Spell for fighters level 4-6 is a 14 in my book.  On the mystery sheet it appears to be an 11, which doesn't make sense since its 12 for fighters level 7-9.  Either its a typo in the errata, which would be very embarrasing, or its a bad scan.  

4.  The saving throw vs. Paralysis or Turn to Stone for clerics level 1-4 is 14 in my book while its appears to be an 11 on the mystery sheet.  This may be the same 11/14 scanning issue as I suspect from #3.

All of the other tables appear to be identical.

I'm not sure what to make of the errata listing for page 23.  The only comparison I have for prices is the Rules Compendium, in which the prices match those in my expert book without appending the extra zeroes as in the errata.   I can't draw any conclusion from comparing the stronghold prices with the ship prices.  The stronghold prices as printed in my book seem a bit too cheap compared to the ships, while after being multiplied by 100 seem a bit too expensive.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:09 pm 

Well doing some auctions today I see that some tearout sheets/players handouts in modules have a number ending in X1501.
Probably an obvious thing but perhaps a date can be derived from these types of things since the Expert sheet has X0501.
Who knows..  :?

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:02 am 

I finally got 'round to listing the Expert Set with the errata sheet.  Nothing special, but if any of you "completeists" are interested . . . there ya' go.  :wink:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0049021718

I know . . . $19.00 for an Expert Set . . . yikes!  But, ya' gotta remember I usually sell these items all the time to . . . less seasoned . . . collectors.  :)

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:23 am 

Beyondthebreach wrote:I finally got 'round to listing the Expert Set with the errata sheet.  Nothing special, but if any of you "completeists" are interested . . . there ya' go.  :wink:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I know . . . $19.00 for an Expert Set . . . yikes!  But, ya' gotta remember I usually sell these items all the time to . . . less seasoned . . . collectors.  :)

Um..what Expert Set? :wink:

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:42 am 

Hi,

I just found out about the expert set 1012XXX0501 errata sheet.  Were the rule updates just printed on 1 side of the sheet or both sides?  Does anyone have a scan of the sheet?  

Thanks

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:30 pm 

HI,

we recently made a purchase online (AD&D 1985 Battlesystem Rules set), and it included this original sheet with TSR printing code '1012XXX0501'. We believe this is from EXPERT Rules Boxed Set but are unsure. Clearly shows Dungeons & Dragons Expert tables?
Wanted to upload a copy of this 'GEM' for all to see & use. Was this page included in ALL boxed sets? I have Expert & Companion Rules box sets and it doesn't contain this sheet!!!! Any help would be appreciated.

TSR AD&D 1E & BECMI forever!!!

Good luck

p.s. my 4th level northern fighter died in Lankhmar in a thieves bar by a 'CRIT ROLE'. DM using Arawyn Critical tables. "Lankhmar, there has never been a more wretched hive of scum & villainy, we must be cautious" Now i know why Fafhrd & Grey Mouser hate Lankhmar!!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:41 pm 

That is the errata sheet for the Expert Set.  It came with some of the later Expert boxed sets, but might have also been available separately.  You can find some info here:

https://acaeum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17501&c=1

Tome of Treasures - D&D

Previous