D&D info improvement
Author

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:08 am 

ciao guys, a simple question: why don't we improve the info of the site by adding additional notion for each item?
i was thinking that it'd be nice that every item could also have:

* credits (all the info taken from the credit page of the item)
* format (other info such as page format, nr. of pages, roughly indication of weight, nr of handouts or exhibits that could be detachable, nr of staples, and so on...)
* code item and ISBN (where possible, of course)

...i believe that this site is a great resource but it could be even greater if we start improving it...

in case both you and the site admin agree, i'd have a proposal in order to oorganize this work without too strives!

ciaooo

I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:39 am 

aia wrote:* credits (all the info taken from the credit page of the item)
* format (other info such as page format, nr. of pages, roughly indication of weight, nr of handouts or exhibits that could be detachable, nr of staples, and so on...)

I like your ideas but would have no unique information to contribute.  My "collection" would make other members laugh.   :oops:

I would like to see line graphs or bar graphs of eBay auctions; these hypothetical graphs would show the number and price of auctions so trends could be tracked over time.

If I had to do any of the above, the joy of collecting would get sucked out of me very quickly.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:48 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:
If I had to do any of the above, the joy of collecting would get sucked out of me very quickly.

Absolutely agree 100% - that's not what I am here for.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:43 am 

aia wrote:ciao guys, a simple question: why don't we improve the info of the site by adding additional notion for each item?
i was thinking that it'd be nice that every item could also have:

* credits (all the info taken from the credit page of the item)

...i believe that this site is a great resource but it could be even greater if we start improving it...

in case both you and the site admin agree, i'd have a proposal in order to oorganize this work without too strives!

ciaooo

I actually brought something similar to this a year or so ago.  Foul is not interested in oing it for 2 reasons:

1) It would take a ton of extra work on his part and he barely has enough time to update the site as it is now.

2) More importantly Foul does not see the need for it since most of the same information appears for the here: http://home.flash.net/~brenfrow/index.htm

Blackdougal(the owner of the TSR archive) is and has been a contributing member of this site and both Foul and BD have been sharing info back and forth for a long time now. Although the site are not directly linked the cooperation between the two sites owners makes them effectively sister sites.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:18 am 

hey i concur with BC there.

and if you think i am gonna sit there and go through my stuff and write everything down...feck that for a game of soldiers. half the fun is actually finding what i want :D

Al

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:28 am 

killjoy32 wrote:hey i concur with BC there.

and if you think i am gonna sit there and go through my stuff and write everything down...feck that for a game of soldiers. half the fun is actually finding what i want :D

Al

Or refinding since you have to dig through a lot of stuff :wink:

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:15 pm 

Plaag wrote:
Or refinding since you have to dig through a lot of stuff :wink:

ShaneG.

well absolutely :D