Leaving negs on eBay - always painful?
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:33 pm 

I think you have to be American to call someone a dumbass.

It's like calling someone a wanker without an English accent....doesn't work.  :)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:47 pm 

It's like calling someone a wanker without an English accent....doesn't work.  

Quite right too - for preference it should be done in a manner similar to Dick Van Dykes 'English' accent in Mary Poppins :lol:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:02 pm 

Back to the subject at hand - this chap has asked if I can withdraw my feedback - as it happens he's no longer a registered user so can't do mutual feedback withdrawal anyway. He gave me a neutral even though I paid within hours of auction end - seemingly he didn't think I should get a full refund even thought the game he sent me was clearly shite - I wouldn't have minded so much but it to replace the copy that my son's mate had lost - double disappointment when my 10 year olds PS game won't work.

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI ... tunes&iid=

I think the best thing to do with feedback is to not sweat it too much - take the hit for negs if you have to because most people DO read feedback and, odd that it might seem, most people on ebay are not morons and will manage to see retaliatory and down-right stupid negs for what they are. In a way I'd rather see a neg/neutral on my profile than a feedback withdrawal - somehow I find them a little suspicious. (I'll let our American friends name names here!)

(Oh and I think that the guy who sold me that PS game is a Joey Wanker!! :lol: )

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:27 am 

Everytime I've tried to post negative feedback, I've gotten it in return.  Even thought it wasn't my fault (as far as I recall).  Been on ebay since '97 and I just don't bother leaving any kind of feedback on bad transactions.  Not worth it.

Used to be able to give feedback and not have had to had any kind of transaction.  Ahh the good ol days. :P

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:09 am 

IttyBitty wrote:
What about 'dumbass'?  :lol:

thats a kinda US term i think - tho i might load it into the howitzer and see how it comes out sometime :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:11 am 

beyerun wrote:Everytime I've tried to post negative feedback, I've gotten it in return.  Even thought it wasn't my fault (as far as I recall).  Been on ebay since '97 and I just don't bother leaving any kind of feedback on bad transactions.  Not worth it.

Used to be able to give feedback and not have had to had any kind of transaction.  Ahh the good ol days. :P

but this is the thing. even when you have a genuine legitimate reason for doing so and the other party doesnt, you generally still get it.

pretty shite really if you ask me.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:48 am 

talking about leaving feedback, maybe some of y'all would like to use this - its feckin well cool!!!

http://thesurrealist.co.uk/feedback

:D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:48 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:talking about leaving feedback, maybe some of y'all would like to use this - its feckin well cool!!!

http://thesurrealist.co.uk/feedback

:D

Al

That's awesome..just may have to use that someday.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Previous