Leaving negs on eBay - always painful?
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:29 am 

thats one of them scenarios, where it would wind me up so much, i would have paid for a flight by now and would be on my way over there.

there really is no need for muppets like that. thats why everyone has such a hard time with ebay.

Al

fwiw KOP i would have done exactly what you did, except for the personal visit to see how well his teeth fit down his oesophagus  8)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:42 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
I really wanted to cuss this jerk out but I figured I would attempt to be semi-civil about it.  I did find out that he replied to the feedback I left him and stated that he has been selling on Ebay for much longer than I have even though he only has 56 total feedback and his profile states it was created in March '06.  He said that he uses three other profiles to sell as well...probably a shiller to boot.  :evil:

I know it's politically incorrect but the first word that popped into my mind when I read his reply was "Retard".  King let this be a lesson, if the spelling of words don't fit, YOU MUST ACQUIT.  Or something like that.
 Mispelling the word "seller" as "sellor".  Sheesh!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:29 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:I just wimped out and left a neutral for the iStoleIt store that put my Silver Anniversary set into a box with no packing material.

It should have been a negative, but I checked and saw that they are big fans of retaliatory negs ... and I just wasn't in the mood.

*Sigh* I guess my new answer is "sometimes it's painful enough to not even bother doing it."

Bleh. eBay's +1 / 0 / -1 feedback system is outdated and dangerously close to useless. Almost any other method would be better.

I feel like I should use Neutrals more often than I do.

I just left one for a seller who didn't bother to ship an RPG lot for three weeks after my PayPal payment. I figured it was just a slooooow Media Mail shipment until I looked at the date on the label. Nope, the item only spent 5 days in transit, the remainder -- 20 days -- sitting on his shelf.

The product quality was mediocre, a bit more wear than mentioned in the description, a map was missing from one of the items in the lot, etc. Nothing outrageous, just mildly disappointing.

When I went to go leave feedback, I saw that most of his recent feedback complained of tortoise-speed service. A mix of positives, negatives and neutrals. I give sellers the benefit of the doubt in slow mailing, anybody can have some personal issues crop up in their lives... just send an email. He never did.

So I figured his sub-par transaction merited a Neutral.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:53 pm 

No map would have been a cardinal sin for me.  No map means no publication...pure and simple.  It would be like shipping me the cover of a book with no pages included.  If you did not send me the map you did not send me anything at all.

I wasn't mad at the guy in your story until I read about the missing First Fantasy Campaign maps.  The Judges Guild maps are the heart of those publications.  Without them, their value drops from the $40 range to the under $5 range.  There is just no point in owning them without the maps.

Geez!  I'm getting madder as I type!   :evil:

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:05 pm 

:D  Had a bit of a smile about the last.. I've been thinking of sending a nice standard letter 1) when I'm thinging of buying stuff now, I've seen some people use them.. any smoke smell, staple rust missing parts, writing, highlighting etc etc.. most of the time descriptions are pretty ok, some are way off... 2) When the send me something in the mail it feels like some buyers need to be told how to package things.. I've just paid top dollar for a boxed set should I send it wrapped in paper and make an extra $2 out of the deal (I'm sure it will make it to Australia in the nice minty sape it left in), or should I actually put it in a box with a bit of padding to actually protect it a bit... idiots..

I don't leave as much negative feedback as I should... I think everyone get some negs these days, it doesn't put most people off too much I'm sure unless its for the same thing again and again...

Brette:)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:34 am 

My last purchase of a Stormbringer 1st edition was very nice...except that the guy's wife decided to be helpful and she taped the box shut with packing tape.  He was very apologetic.

Selling a First Fantasy Campaign with no maps is like selling someone a tank and leaving off the armor, engine and main gun.  Without any one of those things, it ain't a tank!  God!   :evil:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:14 pm 

Yes I know how the feedback system works. However, I have no intention of removing the negative I left you. You deserved it and I happily accept the retaliatory feedback you left me. If you dont want any more negs in the future I suggest you be honest and upfront with your customers. Please do not contact me again.

Here is the latest episode in the saga.  I sent the above PM to him the other day...apparently this shit weasel doesnt understand common English.  He sent me an Ebay Feedback Withdrawal Request this morning.  He still hasnt learned how to structure a complete sentence.

"Up to you we both have perfect feedback before this.In future give a guy a chance i feel what you did was wrong"

Didnt I already say that I happily accept the retaliatory feedback and not to contact me again?  What does he not understand about that?  If he has three other ID's with which to sell with, why the heck does he care?  There is only one thing I hate more than lying bastards...and that is stupid, lying bastards.  :evil:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:18 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:I hate more than lying bastards...and that is stupid, lying bastards.  :evil:

KOP, get the terminology right dude.... bastard = muppet :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:15 pm 

Instead of asking for a refund, offer to delete the negative feedback if he produces the missing maps.

Maybe he has them on hand and just screwed up?   :?

The map thing just pisses me off....that is the sort of crap I expect from English panthers.

Mark   8)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:02 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:Instead of asking for a refund, offer to delete the negative feedback if he produces the missing maps.

Maybe he has them on hand and just screwed up?   :?

The map thing just pisses me off....that is the sort of crap I expect from English panthers.

Mark   8)

He doesnt have the maps otherwise he would have told me that he did and offered them as a bargaining chip to get the neg removed.  At this point it wouldnt matter if he offered the maps, a full refund, plus a 20% wasting my time fee.  I am sticking with the neg as a matter of principle.  There are too many dishonest "muppets" in the world as it is.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:03 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote: There are too many dishonest "muppets" in the world as it is.

hehe i like your style :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:23 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
hehe i like your style :D

Al

I agree 100%. That's one of those negs that you wear with pride.  Too bad there isn't one more feedback follow-up line or you could put something along the lines of:

"Wearing this Ret Neg like a bdg of honor.Seller is 100% dishonest & dumb as well".  

And yes that fits perfectly within EBay 80 character Feedback limit. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:27 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
I agree 100%. That's one of those negs that you wear with pride.  Too bad there isn't one more feedback follow-up line or you could put something along the lines of:

"Wearing this Ret Neg like a bdg of honor.Seller is 100% dishonest & dumb as well".  

And yes that fits perfectly within EBay 80 character Feedback limit. :wink:

well this is it. what goes around comes around. anyone with two brain cells to rub together, will see whats happened there.

again, another guy who is a numbnut.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:48 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
well this is it. what goes around comes around. anyone with two brain cells to rub together, will see whats happened there.

again, another guy who is a numbnut.

Al

Hey you can't change your word - use the tried and true "Muppet" :wink:
Hum, I still need a catch word for these types of people.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:10 pm 

well numbnut is good - i use that instead of muppet, depending on the mood i am in...

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:29 pm 

The preferred term of abuse here is "numpty" or "numpty-head": use "complete" to add a little edge, certainly beats "pillock" or "iijit"

Of course there is David Jason's incomparable "plonker": but you do have to get the accent and intonation spot on (which is hard when leaving feeback).

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:34 pm 

obiter wrote:The preferred term of abuse here is "numpty" or "numpty-head": use "complete" to add a little edge, certainly beats "pillock" or "iijit"

Of course there is David Jason's incomparable "plonker": but you do have to get the accent and intonation spot on (which is hard when leaving feeback).

the scouse one of course is "knobhead" :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:38 pm 

Speaking of insults - watching a UK TV series 'Law of the playground' I have started using the words 'Benny' & ' Joey' again. Thinking about it I cannot believe how politically incorrect they are (particularly the 2nd one!). I may have to stop now before my children ask me to explain!!
(Sorry you have to be a bit English to understand these!)

PreviousNext