Leaving negs on eBay - always painful?
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:05 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:
Ummmm, I don't think it can be patented by Mikey. I suggested this method long ago in the forum. Used to use it all the time.
I'd be happy to split credit, though. How about "BadLord's Patented 90-Day System"?

Cool...now everyone will know who to sue!   :lol:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:33 am 

If you try to leave feedback for someone, there is a bulleted item which states feedback can be left for AT LEAST 90 days.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:03 am 

Badmike wrote:
Hey, if I knew you were going to complain and leave a neg, I would have never tried to charge you the 20% restocking fee.... :twisted:

Mike B.

That wasnt what pissed me off.  You wanted to ship three items to me across DFW in an M-Bag and charge me a handling fee because your dog helped you lick the stamps.  Jackass!  :P

I guess it's your destiny to be the King of Pain.

I'll always be... :wink:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:06 am 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=011

I never got this item and was just about to leave a neg, which I rarely do (maybe a couple over seven freaking years).

Serves me right for buying something where they don't take paypal.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:47 am 

bbarsh wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

I never got this item and was just about to leave a neg, which I rarely do (maybe a couple over seven freaking years).

i would go and pay them a visit and take a brick with me and make them eat it.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:12 pm 

bbarsh wrote:
** expired/removed eBay auction **

What always gets me are the amount of "no paypal" sellers whose stuff mysteriously doesn't show up. Ask Kingofpain about such individuals.  I mean, it can't be coincidence can it?

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:24 pm 

Yeah, funny how that happens...

Back to my policy of never bid on anything that isn't paypal.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:27 pm 

bbarsh wrote:Yeah, funny how that happens...

Back to my policy of never bid on anything that isn't paypal.

Strangely enough, I bought something from him a couple of months ago and he did accept Paypal. :?  The item I bought took a little while to ship but it arrived in a reasonable amount of time and was as described. Looking at his 95% feedback tho', I don't know if I would have ended up buying anything from him without Paypal.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:54 pm 

Badmike wrote:
What always gets me are the amount of "no paypal" sellers whose stuff mysteriously doesn't show up. Ask Kingofpain about such individuals.  I mean, it can't be coincidence can it?

Mike B.

Dont get me wrong...I have a pretty good track record with using money orders.  412 total Ebay transactions, probably used PayPal 20 times, only 4 problems with money order transactions.  Although three of them were in the last couple of months.  I am being a bit more careful these days.  I have decided to use PayPal for high-dollar items like the copy of Ptolus I just purchased but for most of the $15 - $30 items I win a money order is still what I plan to use.

And I partly blame myself for the problem I had with the last jerk who supposedly never received my money order.  His feedback sucked ass but I decided to take a chance anyway.  I am steering clear of those asswipes from now on.  :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:10 pm 

How much does a money order in the US cost?  In Canada, I think it is $5 from the post office or $10 from my bank.  It usually just doesn't pay for me to do this.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:17 pm 

Mars wrote:How much does a money order in the US cost?

Very little, if you're willing to shop around. I think my 7-Eleven charges 89 cents ... and if I went to Wal-Mart or someplace like that, I could probably do even better.

eBay-wise, though, I only buy through PayPal. There's way too many advantages, not the least of which is more accountability for the seller.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:19 pm 

Mars wrote:How much does a money order in the US cost?  In Canada, I think it is $5 from the post office or $10 from my bank.  It usually just doesn't pay for me to do this.

Larger grocery stores in the US have them, too.

The cost of a money order from grocery stores is based on a percentage of the value of the money order.  I don't know what the maximum charge is, but in the past I have spent around a dollar or so extra for money order from $10 - $20.

Post offices and banks in the U.S. don't charge as much as ones in Canada, do they?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:24 pm 

Mars wrote:How much does a money order in the US cost?  In Canada, I think it is $5 from the post office or $10 from my bank.  It usually just doesn't pay for me to do this.

A USPS postal money order costs $0.90 for domestic and I believe $3 for an internatiaonal one(bear in mind thatI haven't had to buy an international one for a loooong time so that may have increased since then).

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:13 pm 

Mine are free if I get them from my bank. If you have over a certain amount with them, you get a ton of free services. I want to get my assets up to the point where I am assigned a 19 year old blonde.
Someone has to have pretty stellar feedback for me to bid w/o the Paypal option. I won't necessarily PAY them via Paypal, but just the option is usually insurance enough.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:35 pm 

I just wimped out and left a neutral for the iStoleIt store that put my Silver Anniversary set into a box with no packing material.

It should have been a negative, but I checked and saw that they are big fans of retaliatory negs ... and I just wasn't in the mood.

*Sigh* I guess my new answer is "sometimes it's painful enough to not even bother doing it."

Bleh. eBay's +1 / 0 / -1 feedback system is outdated and dangerously close to useless. Almost any other method would be better.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:02 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:Post offices and banks in the U.S. don't charge as much as ones in Canada, do they?

No it doesn't appear so.  I believe money orders within Canada are a bit cheaper but not by much.  The international ones are $5 from the post office but then you have to pay their currency exchange rate which is usually a few percent worse than the bank.  I used to be able to bring US money in and just pay the money order fee but now they do not accept it.

I usually try to avoid money orders at all cost.  In the cases where I want an item that doesn't accept paypal, I usually end up sending cash.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:12 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Well I just left my first neg ever and it felt pretty damn good.  The rat bastard definitely deserved it.  Lied about the condition and the completeness of the items.  Entire lot smelled like cigarette smoke.  Wanted a 20% restocking fee if returned.  Guy oughta be castrated.  :evil:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... TRK:ME:UFS

Ahhh...retaliatory feedback.  Actually feels kinda good though.  The comment that he left reiterates just how stupid he really is.  :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:20 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... TRK:ME:UFS

Ahhh...retaliatory feedback.  Actually feels kinda good though.  The comment that he left reiterates just how stupid he really is.  :twisted:

Jeezus, what is up with these people??? The least that you could do if you are going to be an ass and retaliate is to make sure that you don't come off to be dumb as concrete block: "dont lie"??? SELLORS????  

Also, looking at the auction description itself, I don't get why some words are completely capitalized yet several proper names are not capitalized at all. :?  Like why on one line is Judges capitalized and the next line down its not?   I really think EBay needs to start implementing some sort intelligence test before allowing people on. :roll:

PreviousNext