Steve Jackson in Europe (Italy, actually)!
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:09 am 

A Very Important Announcement (did I spell it right? :oops: ). Steve Jackson (the US edition  :wink: ) will come to Italy for the Lucca Comics & Games show from November 1st to November 5. This is GREAT NEWS - I think mr. Jackson never came to our country before. It could be a nice occasion to meet him and get some autographs - courtesy of Ryan Air, airline fares are really cheap these days - and, who knows, perhaps having an Acaeum meeting... Consider this: beside the show itself, you will be in a beautiful Tuscan city with many medioeval buildings and really FINE food (not to mention the Walls and the extremely beautiful countryside...). You can check info on the show website www.luccacomicsandgames.com (it's in English too, albeit you shouldn't trust their translations 100%).

No, I'm not paid by the show to drum up attendance  :D (actually, they fired me from the staff quoting 'budget problems' a couple of years ago, but it seems I was the only one to get the axe - oh, well...), but I love the show and most importantly the fact that such an important game publisher and author will be here.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:28 am 

I think Steve is excited, too. Here's a post from sjgames.com:

"Lucca Games 06 is a mega-convention in Lucca, Italy. It's the biggest Italian games convention and one of the world's biggest comic and game shows. It's November 1 through 5 this year. John Kovalic says it's great. And I'm going!

I have the great pleasure of being the Guest of Honor, and I'm looking forward to it. I hope this gives me the chance to meet a lot of our European fans. And play some games!"

Sounds like it'll be a good time. :)

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:44 am 

ihmo even if luccagames it's the largest italian convention i had such an awful experience when i went there the first (and only) time that i'll never come ti lucca again (even if the city is one of the most beatiful town in tuscany!)

it's a pity but i'll never meet mr.jackson! (as well as i did with larry elmore in 2004 or weis&hickman in 2005)...  :cry:

I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:43 am 

aia wrote:ihmo even if luccagames it's the largest italian convention i had such an awful experience when i went there the first (and only) time that i'll never come ti lucca again (even if the city is one of the most beatiful town in tuscany!)

it's a pity but i'll never meet mr.jackson! (as well as i did with larry elmore in 2004 or weis&hickman in 2005)...  :cry:

I think that Lucca deserves a second chance. Yes, I was there when the amazing queues were forming, registration was stopped 'for safety reasons' and virtually nobody told anything to people (except for a meek announcement mostly heard in the fair's compound and not outside). I blasted the show various times for this on websites and in magazines, but I went back and I keep going back (I'd like to add that, when I'm not there on official - i.e. reporting - duty I pay for my admission and I do NOT seek free passes - virtually unheard of here!). They have great guests, virtually the entire Italian game industry (is there such a thing?  :wink: ), a lot of new releases and countless occasions to play and try games (including some still in playtesting). Come on, how can you miss Steve Jackson, Robert A. Salvatore (does he speak some Italian? I'll discover it when I interview him...  :P ) and Alan Lee?