Maze of Zayene Auction
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:18 am 

hii folks! just a query in order to get the point:
i left several bids on the last auction made by nobleknights on the 4 booklet of r.kuntz (there were all the 4 parts of the maze and the garden of plantmaster too...)
the point is that they sent me a private auction since they have more than 1 copy... the price is 70 USD for the 4 parts (NM/SW) and the garden too (VF/NM)...
do you think i should accept it? with this price i'd pay 14 USD for every item... my feeling is that it won't be possible to find them all out with this price... on the other side of the coin, it is not cheap as usually lots are...

btw, i need help!!! opinions, pls!!! opinions!!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:02 am 

Sounds fine to me.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:10 am 

aia wrote:hii folks! just a query in order to get the point:
i left several bids on the last auction made by nobleknights on the 4 booklet of r.kuntz (there were all the 4 parts of the maze and the garden of plantmaster too...)
the point is that they sent me a private auction since they have more than 1 copy... the price is 70 USD for the 4 parts (NM/SW) and the garden too (VF/NM)...
do you think i should accept it? with this price i'd pay 14 USD for every item... my feeling is that it won't be possible to find them all out with this price... on the other side of the coin, it is not cheap as usually lots are...

btw, i need help!!! opinions, pls!!! opinions!!!

Aia

when i got mine a fair while ago, i got mine as a 2nd offer of about $50 plus shipping.

i have seen them cheaper than that, but also dearer too.

even still, its not an excessive price, and while you have the offer, you may as well take it - they are cool items, so you won't be dissappointed anyway.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:04 am 

A bit too high, IMO: Aaron offered me multiple copies after winning at ~$33.

(If you like shrinkwrap it would also make sense to ask him to check each of the mods in the package, since a few of those appear to deshrink themselves).

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:48 am 

faro wrote:A bit too high, IMO: Aaron offered me multiple copies after winning at ~$33.

(If you like shrinkwrap it would also make sense to ask him to check each of the mods in the package, since a few of those appear to deshrink themselves).

I agree with both of these statements. I won one of his auctions for ~US$37 (including the shipping) in January of this year, and red-bus received a second chance offer for US$20:

viewtopic.php?p=44045&highlight=maze+zayene#44045

It's possible Nobleknight is running low on copies now...but it's also possible he is just letting the market (your bid) set the price.

As faro notes, the shrinkwrap came off two of the Zayene modules on their own. I didn't mind and actually de-shrinked Garden on my own. However, I didn't like the interior artwork in the modules & ended up selling them all on Ebay this summer. I sold the Zayene mods separate from the Plantmaster. The total was equal to what I originally paid.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:59 am 

How much haggling can be done with Nobleknight before he gets insulted or annoyed?  I've heard good things about Nobleknight, but how open is he to negotiating the price in this case?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:24 am 

I paid ( on a second chance offer ) $19.76 + $7.95 S&H back on 11/1/05 so there is alot of room in his prices. It seems he generally offers the second chance at what your high bid was so personally I would either haggle or watch another of his auctions...there will be more

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:57 am 

lordan wrote:I paid ( on a second chance offer ) $19.76 + $7.95 S&H back on 11/1/05 so there is alot of room in his prices. It seems he generally offers the second chance at what your high bid was so personally I would either haggle or watch another of his auctions...there will be more

yeah they show up quite regularly

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:39 am 

ok, you convinced me: i'll try to have a cheaper deal... let's say 50 USD + S&H... (if i correctly understood the prices you told me were w/out garden, isn't it?)
if they accept i'll glad to buy them, otherwise i can live without them until i'll run in a new auction (iirc titan was selling zayene #2 at 3 USD more or less one month ago!)

tnx everybody for the support! :D

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:29 pm 

aia wrote:(if i correctly understood the prices you told me were w/out garden, isn't it?)

Including Garden of the Plantmaster.

aia wrote:(iirc titan was selling zayene #2 at 3 USD more or less one month ago!)

99 cents or something silly...? Titan manages to put off even more potential customers than the coug does. ;)

aia wrote:tnx everybody for the support! :D

Good luck with that. :)
Might still be worth waiting for next time around, though.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:51 pm 

I remember Aaron was once giving away Garden of the Plantmaster (for one cent) as long as you bought at least one additional item.

So I have two copies -- I paid $30 for the first. :?

He has a lot of copies of these items because he bought the stock from Rob's partner in Creations Unlimited.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:13 pm 

I receive a second chance offer for the 4 Maze of Zayenne modules + Garden of the plant master for $21 (+ shipping) me too, some months ago. I think more than $40 for this lot is not a good deal. Aaron must have a huge amount of these modules

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:57 pm 

I bought a second copy of this package of mods too for $23+shipping.  I won the auction then bought a bunch of stuff from their store and combined the shipping.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:54 pm 

JohnGaunt wrote:How much haggling can be done with Nobleknight before he gets insulted or annoyed?  I've heard good things about Nobleknight, but how open is he to negotiating the price in this case?

I think he's open to negotiation. I was outbid on the 5 module package back in the day at $80, and Aaron sent me a 2nd chance offer. I decided $80 was too much, and let him know I wans't interested at $80, but would take it for $60. He didn't have a problem with that (I guess he was in a pretty good mood as I'd pushed the other guy to a high price). Of course $60 is also high for the mods, but never mind.

I've also bought a number of items from his store - one time I wanted to buy a bunch of Panzerfaust mags (maybe about 12 or so) - they were listed for $5-8 each in his store, and I emailed about a possible discount for a bulk buy. He offered a discount - not huge, maybe 10% or so of the total, but it was a nice gesture.

Bottom line is I don't think he'd be insulted by haggling - make him an offer for what you're interested in and he'll either agree, reject or make a counter offer. I don't think he'd get offended.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:29 pm 

mdr003 wrote:I've also bought a number of items from his store - one time I wanted to buy a bunch of Panzerfaust mags (maybe about 12 or so) - they were listed for $5-8 each in his store, and I emailed about a possible discount for a bulk buy. He offered a discount - not huge, maybe 10% or so of the total, but it was a nice gesture.

So that's where the rest of those went... *coughs*
mdr003 wrote:Bottom line is I don't think he'd be insulted by haggling - make him an offer for what you're interested in and he'll either agree, reject or make a counter offer. I don't think he'd get offended.

*nod nods*. Agreed. :)

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:36 pm 

mdr003 wrote:
I think he's open to negotiation. I was outbid on the 5 module package back in the day at $80, and Aaron sent me a 2nd chance offer. I decided $80 was too much, and let him know I wans't interested at $80, but would take it for $60. He didn't have a problem with that (I guess he was in a pretty good mood as I'd pushed the other guy to a high price). Of course $60 is also high for the mods, but never mind.

I've also bought a number of items from his store - one time I wanted to buy a bunch of Panzerfaust mags (maybe about 12 or so) - they were listed for $5-8 each in his store, and I emailed about a possible discount for a bulk buy. He offered a discount - not huge, maybe 10% or so of the total, but it was a nice gesture.

Bottom line is I don't think he'd be insulted by haggling - make him an offer for what you're interested in and he'll either agree, reject or make a counter offer. I don't think he'd get offended.

Regards

Mike

update of my offer: i wrote him telling that i outbid my cap (which was really 50 USD)... so 70 USD was too much for me and i couldn't accept his offer...
now i received a new proposal: 65 USD shipping included... this means roughly 50 USD for the item and 15 for the airmail shipping to italy... i think i'll take the night for my final reply...
in my mind the offer is not too bad: 50 could be a good deal... on the other side this leads to think that the guy (as loki already wrote) must have a good supply of those modules...
i'll come up tomorrow with my decision: in the meanwhile, feel free to give me your support! tnx everybody!!!

ciaooo

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:46 pm 

Well thats a good deal on the airmail shipping for all those..it should be more then $15.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:24 pm 

aia wrote:in my mind the offer is not too bad: 50 could be a good deal... on the other side this leads to think that the guy (as loki already wrote) must have a good supply of those modules...
i'll come up tomorrow with my decision: in the meanwhile, feel free to give me your support! tnx everybody!!!

ciaooo

Aia

thats excellent for Airmail shipping to Italy. thats about what i paid for my first set.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Next