Sring Fever 1985 RPGA Module
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Author


Active Collector

Posts: 18
Joined: Aug 05, 2006
Last Visit: Jan 10, 2011

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:52 pm 
 

Hey Guys,

  I have a copy of Spring Fever that I got from Coast Con I think in '85 or '86 when I was helping run events.  Not sure of the dates on that. Anyway I'm not sure if it's an origional or just a copy.  I know it's from the con it has writing  from when it was run, though it's not my handwriting.  
  What I think happened was we got the module and made copies for the DM's.  Then I took one home for my collection.   It's not like a regular printed module it's obviously a copy.
  Does anyone know if they sent copies like that or how they sent them? I really can't remember.  I only helped once I believe then the next year I ran my own module that I wrote which wasn't RPGA sanctioned.  
  Also would it be worth anything if it's just a copy?  
  My scanner is not working right now but I'll try and get it working and post some scans if there is any interest.

Hamilcar

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:00 pm 
 

Hamilcar wrote:Hey Guys,

  I have a copy of Spring Fever that I got from Coast Con I think in '85 or '86 when I was helping run events.  Not sure of the dates on that. Anyway I'm not sure if it's an origional or just a copy.  I know it's from the con it has writing  from when it was run, though it's not my handwriting.  
  What I think happened was we got the module and made copies for the DM's.  Then I took one home for my collection.   It's not like a regular printed module it's obviously a copy.
  Does anyone know if they sent copies like that or how they sent them? I really can't remember.  I only helped once I believe then the next year I ran my own module that I wrote which wasn't RPGA sanctioned.  
  Also would it be worth anything if it's just a copy?  
  My scanner is not working right now but I'll try and get it working and post some scans if there is any interest.

Hamilcar


i would definately be interested as i collect this sorta thing.

Al



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6207
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 27, 2021
Location: UK

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:25 pm 
 

The original DM's copies were printed on dot matrix sheet feed paper. The maps were photocopied. I suppose you could sell it as a photocopy, and unless anyone complained it would still fetch maybe $100. That said, you might want to avoid all the hastle and accept a private offer. I'm sure a few people will PM you.

ExTSR is the RPGA Tourney Guru on the site BTW. Did you write Spring Fever Frank?


This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Valuation Board

Posts: 1891
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Feb 28, 2021
Location: Ohio, The land without sun

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:26 pm 
 

Not to speak for Frank, but he might not be available at the moment.  Probably getting ready for Gencon...  I think Frank wrote Spring Fever for Gencon 18.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:34 pm 
 

dbartman wrote:Not to speak for Frank, but he might not be available at the moment.  Probably getting ready for Gencon...  I think Frank wrote Spring Fever for Gencon 18.


which is why hamilcar might be worth waiting over til after Gencon so we could get some decent feedback on it before taking the matter further....

Al



  


Active Collector

Posts: 18
Joined: Aug 05, 2006
Last Visit: Jan 10, 2011

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:44 pm 
 

Thanks for the info guys. It does say on the bottom of each page by Frank Mentzer 1985 TSR, Inc. All rights reserved.  I'll wait until after Gencon to get more info on this.

Thanks,

Hamilcar

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:45 pm 
 

Hamilcar wrote:Thanks for the info guys. It does say on the bottom of each page by Frank Mentzer 1985 TSR, Inc. All rights reserved.  I'll wait until after Gencon to get more info on this.

Thanks,

Hamilcar


spring fever rings a bell as well for some reason - wasnt one of these sold a short while ago?

or am i just getting the name mixed up with the others that were on ebay?

could have sworm frank had one of them up.

Al



  


Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5613
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Feb 27, 2021
Location: Wichita, KS, USA

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:37 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:spring fever rings a bell as well for some reason - wasnt one of these sold a short while ago?




Yep:  

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8806733615


Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:57 pm 
 





i KNEW i remembered it from somewhere....it wsa the one i lost out on before i got great bugbear hunt



cheers gro



so ham's is defo a copy



Al



  
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1