Hmmm... no comments on the recently concluded Tsojconth auction:

Tsojconth sells for "only" $965

Bubble bursting market correction?

Summer anamoly?

Doubts on the seller?

Something else???

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:12 pm 

VermilionFire wrote:Hmmm... no comments on the recently concluded Tsojconth auction:

Summer anamoly?
Doubts on the seller?
Something else???

dont care - i nearly got it this time :)

next time i will be closer!

i was going to throw $950 at the end, but i missed it - ah well - there will be another time.

Al

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:14 pm 

I have noticed a trend when Gen Con is either running or near.  It is possible to swing a better deal this week on stuff as so many people are off to the convention or saving funds for it.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:22 pm 

I think its a matter of the people who usually bid enormous amounts were competing for this one becuase thay already have it.  I am figuring David's snipe was probably in the range of $1600, but there was nobody elses bid high enough to drive it up any further.  To tell the truth, $965 is probably around where it "should" be right now.  I think the outrageous prices over the last 12 months are the anomoly, and the market will correct itself(if it isn't already doing it).

I can't for the life of me figure out why people have bid so crazy over the last 12 months, it really doesn't make much sense. :?  It seems like the "I have got to have it now" syndrome has really taken hold, and its kind of unnecessary. There will always be another one.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:40 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I think its a matter of the people who usually bid enormous amounts were competing for this one becuase thay already have it.  I am figuring David's snipe was probably in the range of $1600, but there was nobody elses bid high enough to drive it up any further.  To tell the truth, $965 is probably around where it "should" be right now.  I think the outrageous prices over the last 12 months are the anomoly, and the market will correct itself(if it isn't already doing it).

I was wondering about this one but forgot to check the final price.  Much higher would be getting into the silly range.  A lot of collectors willing to pay high amounts already have this one, so demand might be dwindling, as well.
bclarkie wrote:I can't for the life of me figure out why people have bid so crazy over the last 12 months, it really doesn't make much sense. :?  It seems like the "I have got to have it now" syndrome has really taken hold, and its kind of unnecessary. There will always be another one.

Especially considering it is known that the seller has, or at least had, additional copies.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:45 pm 

VermilionFire wrote:Hmmm... no comments on the recently concluded Tsojconth auction:

Summer anamoly?
Doubts on the seller?
Something else???

Just my opinion, but in regards to this seller having sold these before, I think there is a question of how many this seller has total.  Sort of like the guy Killjoy knows who has a case of the ST1's, I'd be leery of any collectible where someone may be sitting on a large amount of said item.  Circumstances beyond the owner's control may lead to a glut on the market at some time, or perhaps a revelation that there are really a lot more of the "super rare" item than previously indicated. I know there are a "finite" number of these, but in regards to how many are actually out there and have survived, well no one really knows.  Again, just my opinion, but the revelation there are say 100 of these still out there waiting to be purchased versus the handful we know of would greatly affect the value.  Imagine one for sale every month for a couple years and think how the market would change.  

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:48 pm 

youre prb right mike, but i would still like one someday :)

mind you there are other things i want now, so not really a priority anymore :D

Al

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:07 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Just my opinion, but in regards to this seller having sold these before, I think there is a question of how many this seller has total.  Sort of like the guy Killjoy knows who has a case of the ST1's, I'd be leery of any collectible where someone may be sitting on a large amount of said item.  

Mike B.

I agree with Mike.  It's happened time and again with Coins, which incidentally are not doing all that well these days.  People sit for years on things and the rest of us think there are just a few in the world and then all of a sudden 10 boxes of said item are 'discovered'.  Doesn't happen often, but it happens.

Joe

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:12 pm 

What Mike said.  Plus, as the runner up on this (again  :cry: ) I should add that I actually bid less on this than I did for the one sold by Craz Egor back in March - as I have less free cash at the moment.  

It is pretty high on my want list though  :wink:  I played and DMed Tsojcanth, and it is one of my top three fave modules.  So I would love to get my hands on a Tsojconth.  NB: for the record, the top whack price was on Dec 28 '05 ($1,895).

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:26 pm 

red_bus wrote:What Mike said.  Plus, as the runner up on this (again  :cry: ) I should add that I actually bid less on this than I did for the one sold by Craz Egor back in March - as I have less free cash at the moment.  

It is pretty high on my want list though  :wink:  I played and DMed Tsojcanth, and it is one of my top three fave modules.  So I would love to get my hands on a Tsojconth.  NB: for the record, the top whack price was on Dec 28 '05 ($1,895).

I DM'd that one for you, BT and the rest IIRC: still have the old Dm's log lying around somewhere. I'll dig it out for beers on Wednesday. :D

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:55 pm 

Until I see concrete proof that the print run was "the same as the previous tournament modules", I cannot accept a figure of 300. Too much acceptance and hearsay has gone on in the past with other items.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:31 pm 

fyi: Every Tsoj at GenCon has gone for under a grand. We get them regularly. That $1895 is atypical, imho... at least at this point in time.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:28 am 

All it takes are 2 people setting their price high on the same item, thinking no-one's going to go near it (but just in case, it goes a little above what they think the 'actual' price should be)

$1,895 was whacked!

But I've said it before..(now abridged)

2 rules

1. don't trust friends with your snipes,

2. see rule number one

All care, Full reponsibility taken