North Texas Acaeum Members Meeting?!?!
Poll: If you live in Texas or Oklahoma, would you be interested in meeting other Acaeum members one weekend this year?

Definitely, sounds like a party, ready whenever 25%       25%  [ 4 ]
Maybe, depends on which weekend we are talking about, need more details 25%       25%  [ 4 ]
No can do, too busy painting minis and polishing dice 50%       50%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 16

Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:14 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:So that will be the end of his collecting days until he figures out a way to hide his purchases?  Or maybe he will be having a big sale soon?  ;)

Luckily I am marrying a woman that doesn't care what I do with my money as long as I pay my share of the mortgage, bills, etc.  She actually likes the fact that I have interests out of the mainstream of what most men are into.  I don't go nuts over sports cars (vintage or modern), I don't hunt for sport, and I don't lose my mind when I see a power tool that I don't have.  :wink:

However, I probably won't be doing nearly as much Ebaying as I have in the past because we are going to be putting money into home improvements and paying off our wedding and honeymoon since we are paying for all of it ourselves.  But it won't be the end of my collecting by any means...just a slow period.

And Mike...the 21st should be no problem for me.  But I will give you a call next week when I get back from my business trip in wonderful Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.  :|

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:21 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Luckily I am marrying a woman that doesn't care what I do with my money as long as I pay my share of the mortgage, bills, etc.  She actually likes the fact that I have interests out of the mainstream of what most men are into.  |

Yep, that's how it always starts out. Prepare for the worst, King.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:33 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:
Yep, that's how it always starts out. Prepare for the worst, King.

Seven minutes to respond...I think you are starting to slip there Frank.  :P

We have lived together for more than 5 years.  I don't think this "formality" (her words) of a wedding is going to turn her personality around 180 degrees.  Of course I will make sure to let all of you know the outcome if I ever announce my divorce.  :wink:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:43 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Luckily I am marrying a woman that doesn't care what I do with my money as long as I pay my share of the mortgage, bills, etc.  She actually likes the fact that I have interests out of the mainstream of what most men are into.  I don't go nuts over sports cars (vintage or modern), I don't hunt for sport, and I don't lose my mind when I see a power tool that I don't have.  :wink:

My wife actually encourages my collecting :D
She said to me recently "Why don't you have 2 first print woodgrain boxsets" 8O

Better than booze, smoking or drugs and its something tangible as well.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:39 pm 

She'll never leave you, King. She will just nag and whine incessantly, digging and digging like a blood-bloated tick until you feel you are about to explode.
Sorry, rough week with the missus.
In all reality, a gamer's wife is VERY lucky. True, gaming can get expensive if you do not have control, but it could be worse, we could be out getting stoned and banging three-toothed crack whores all night.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:21 pm 

Instead we just pretend our characters go to a tavern, get drunk on mead and bang three toothed half-orcs.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:55 am 

Well, October just went to hell for me as far as an Acaeum meeting.  We just bought our very first house, and the closing date is Oct 18th.  So the first half of the month will be packing, the middle moving, and the last half unpacking!
Later today I'll be listing 20-30 D&D auctions on eBay for all my extras.  No sense moving them!  :lol:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:07 pm 

Mike:  I'm about 15 minutes northwest of Euless, north up Rufe Snow.  But I'm out of town most weekends until November.

also looking for a few good D&D grognards to fill out a campaign....

Geoff

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:58 pm 

Geoff Dale wrote:Mike:  I'm about 15 minutes northwest of Euless, north up Rufe Snow.  But I'm out of town most weekends until November.

also looking for a few good D&D grognards to fill out a campaign....

Geoff

Thanks Geoff.  Maybe we should postpone until later in the year then. King can get married, Gus can get moved, and at least four of us will show up them if no one else can make it.  If we can get Jason from San antone or Gro from Kansas to show up then it can be a bonus......

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:22 am 

Badmike wrote:
Thanks Geoff.  Maybe we should postpone until later in the year then. King can get married, Gus can get moved, and at least four of us will show up them if no one else can make it.  If we can get Jason from San antone or Gro from Kansas to show up then it can be a bonus......

Mike B.

Hey Mike, the weekend of November 10 - 12 is out for me (and you by the way  :wink: ) because of Wizard World Texas.  I had to miss it last year (no money) and I didnt get to GenCon this year (no money) so I am determined to make this one.  For some reason I have this desire to hang around a bunch of comic collecting geeks in a convention center and buy overpriced comics and other comic-related collectibles.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:44 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Hey Mike, the weekend of November 10 - 12 is out for me (and you by the way  :wink: ) because of Wizard World Texas.  I had to miss it last year (no money) and I didnt get to GenCon this year (no money) so I am determined to make this one.  For some reason I have this desire to hang around a bunch of comic collecting geeks in a convention center and buy overpriced comics and other comic-related collectibles.

By the way...I am kidding.  I will be in Orlando that weekend wrapping up my honeymoon.  Pisses me off I have to miss another one of these damn things.  Oh well...I really dont need that gold-flecked, embossed, laser-etched, chromium cover of Captain Australia vs. the scantily-clad Amazon Robo-Whores anyway.  :P

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:28 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
By the way...I am kidding.  I will be in Orlando that weekend wrapping up my honeymoon.  Pisses me off I have to miss another one of these damn things.  Oh well...I really dont need that gold-flecked, embossed, laser-etched, chromium cover of Captain Australia vs. the scantily-clad Amazon Robo-Whores anyway.  :P

What are you talking about, EVERYONE needs that comic....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:29 pm 

Badmike wrote:
What are you talking about, EVERYONE needs that comic....

Mike B.

Though he is probably going to be living it ...

Well, what week-end are we going to meet?

Regards,

Stephen

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:27 am 

Ethesis wrote:
Though he is probably going to be living it ...

Well, what week-end are we going to meet?

Well I found out today that I will be getting back from Orlando on Friday, November 10th.  So it is possible that I could be available for Oct. 11th.  The weekends for me that are still open are:

October 21st, 28th
November 11th (maybe), 18th

After the 18th we get into the Thanksgiving - Christmas season and I can only imagine it will get more difficult for everyone at that point.  I am starting to think that either November 11th or 18th is going to be our best bet to get as many people as possible.  I vote we try to make this happen on Nov. 18th unless more people would rather try to get together before November.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:56 pm 

November 11 or 18 works.  Any idea where ?

Geoff

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:58 pm 

Geoff Dale wrote:November 11 or 18 works.  Any idea where ?

Geoff

I'm putting my vote in for the 18th.  The 11th might be ok but I fly in from Florida on the 10th and frankly I dont have a clue what kind of shape I'll be in.  If it turns out to be quite a few people coming I believe Mike was planning on having a meeting room at one of the hotels in Euless.  Heck, I'd be just as happy with having everyone meeting at either Mike's or my house.  I am sure Mike and I will be discussing more plans in the next couple of weeks.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:57 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
I'm putting my vote in for the 18th.  The 11th might be ok but I fly in from Florida on the 10th and frankly I dont have a clue what kind of shape I'll be in.  If it turns out to be quite a few people coming I believe Mike was planning on having a meeting room at one of the hotels in Euless.  Heck, I'd be just as happy with having everyone meeting at either Mike's or my house.  I am sure Mike and I will be discussing more plans in the next couple of weeks.

The 18th works for me. So be it!  And yes don't rush your honeymoon to get to a meeting of geek gamers, that's just....well, actually, that's ok, since my entire honeymoon to Seattle was a not so sly plan to hit all the bookstores up there and the old WOTC/TSR gigantic game store that used to be downtown.  Yes, I admit I turned my entire honeymoon into one huge buying trip. 8O Plus Wizard World is the weekend of the 11th and I knowyou would rather do THAT your first day after you get back....!
  Anyway, the 18th is the date.  Hopefully we can also plan one at the beginning of next year before the convention season hits for anyone that can't make this one, it would be nice to have one of these a couple times a year, no reason why we can't.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:56 am 

Woohoo!  Perfect timing.  My Inlaws are coming to visit the 17-19th.  This gives me the perfect excuse to get away for an entire day!  :D
The 18th it is!

PreviousNext