North Texas Acaeum Members Meeting?!?!
Poll: If you live in Texas or Oklahoma, would you be interested in meeting other Acaeum members one weekend this year?

Definitely, sounds like a party, ready whenever 25%       25%  [ 4 ]
Maybe, depends on which weekend we are talking about, need more details 25%       25%  [ 4 ]
No can do, too busy painting minis and polishing dice 50%       50%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 16

Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:52 pm 

Plaag wrote:
*nod* Indeed.

Course Brian with you saying you look like your avatar, well.. :wink:

ShaneG.

True. Although my head is a bit bigger and my hair is a somewhat darker than Butters, there is defintely a resemblance there. :wink:

Oh yeah, and I do actually have chin too, unlike Butters.  :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:16 pm 

I keep imagining that Shane rides a pegasus to work for some reason...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:09 pm 

VermilionFire wrote:
And the new wife is letting you out of the house to hang out with the boys.   :wink:

Mike is a dead-ringer for another guy I know from Texas (Austin).  It's uncanny, must be something in the water there.

Just good old fashioned southern inbreeding.....my mom's side of the family are cajuns, so..... 8O

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:15 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I think its funny how you form pictures in your head about how you think folks look like when they post, only to find out that they look nothing like what you thought that they would at all.  :?  Weird how that happens.

Cmon, no one thought I wasn't a  chubby little butterball?  :o But seriously, I think that's part of the fun of meeting up with other Acaeum members.  I remember I had a long online correspondence IMing with a Dallas Mavericks fan who lives in New York. Once we exchanged photos, and I was shocked to find out he was black.....he was shocked to find out I was white....honestly it had just never crossed our minds one way or another, we had a good laugh about it. Pity everyone can't be as "color blind" in real life.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:17 pm 

Sounds like you guys had a blast, hopefully I'll be able to make it next time around :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:30 am 

badmike wrote: Steve and Paul had to leave due to other commitments, so I showed Gus and John around and dug out the goodie drawer with my white boxes, RPGA and R series, Chainmail, Gygax signed goodies, and more. The funniest part was finding a Blasted Land, Fez:Valley of Trees, and Beastmaker mountain at the bottom of the drawer....I had completely forgotten I had them!

Hey Mike, how many times are you going to loose track of these only to find them again?  :D

http://www.acaeum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1389&highlight=beastmaker+fez+blasted

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:09 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:
Hey Mike, how many times are you going to loose track of these only to find them again?  :D

http://www.acaeum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1389&highlight=beastmaker+fez+blasted

Wow, that's a callback....how can you remember these things when I don't???? 8O  So anyway, I decided the disappearing Mayfair items should find a nicer home where an owner doesn't lose track of them....Beastmaker and Blasted both were claimed by fellow Acaeum members this morning; poor Fez I (the runt of the litter) is still awaiting a new owner.
     I have this sickness called compulsive hoarding I'm trying to break out of (only half kidding.....)...all this stuff is nice to have, but when it keeps getting misplaced, it's time to find it a new home.  God knows what lurks in the depths of my storage shed....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:15 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Wow, that's a callback....how can you remember these things when I don't???? 8O  

Mike B.

There are no secrets!  I remember everything ever said on these forums!  :twisted:

(yeah . . . I really need a more constructive way to spend my time . . .   :roll:  )

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:27 pm 

VermilionFire wrote:Mike is a dead-ringer for another guy I know from Texas (Austin).  It's uncanny, must be something in the water there.

Funny, Mike looks just like a guy I know who lives in Houston.  I think we're on to something here.  

Thanks for the pics and stories, guys.  Looks like a lot of fun!

Let mirth prevail!

Previous