Rarity of the side-tear Tom Wham Character Record Sheets
Poll: Which TSR 9014 Character Record Sheets do you own?

Blue, top-tearing 50%       50%  [ 6 ]
Green, top-tearing 0%       0%  [ 0 ]
Orange, side-tearing 50%       50%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 12

Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:49 am 

Bill,
While I have several sets of the Wham character sheets, I only have one set of the side tear sheets. GREY. My set has 27 sheets and the cover. I am very confident it is missing a sheet and your post pretty much confirms that.

I have kept an eye out for the orange sheets but I know I have never personally seen a set.

Without reading every post, the poll is missing several colors of top tearing if we are being printing neutral. Pink and tan jump to mind but I am not in front of my laptop so I can't consult my collection list.  Blue seems to be The most prevelant in my experience, but YMMV on that.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:20 am 

Thanks Bill. i just wanted to mention that i was just referring to stock code F1009, not the stock code 9014 character sheets when I mentioned the 4 copies.

Shrink is not a condition

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:19 am 

Zenopus wrote in Rarity of the side-tear Tom Wham Character Record Sheets:F115-R        D&D Basic Set, Boxed (also includes F1006, and Dungeon Geomorphs 1)
F115-R        D&D Basic Booklet, 1st printing, no date
F116        Warlocks and Warriors 1st ed., boxed
F116-R        D&D Basic Booklet, no printing info

Does a blue booklet marked 115 (not 116) actually exist?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:39 pm 

The side tearing Tom Wham pads that I have are the 1977 second print with 27 sheets. I cannot tell if a sheet has been removed from anywhere in the pad. The other pad has 18 sheets including a couple loose pages.

I also have a side tearing pad with the 1979 character sheets on it. It is missing the cover but the sheets match all the other Tom Wham 1979 sheets.

Mike

Therapy-level collector

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:53 pm 

=============================================
I own two lizard logo character sheets pads of this nature

One is a first printing (F1009) yellow pad
One is a second printing (9014) orange pad

I also have two wizard logo (1979) pads

One is a light blue and one is a very pale yellow

=============================================

bombadil wrote in Rarity of the side-tear Tom Wham Character Record Sheets:I'm trying to ascertain just how rare the light-orange colored, side-tearing pad of D&D Character Record Sheets with the Tom Wham cover illustration is.  

Look here for details:

Character Sheets

I recently picked up a pad in an ebay auction.

Does anyone have any info on its rarity or appearance in ebay auctions in comparison to the blue- or green-covered, top-tearing pad?

If you own a set, which one do you own?  Note:  I'm referring to the 1977 Lizard logo "TM Applied For" set.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:54 am 

I have 16 pages of blue pads, but no first page. Someone's interested?  8)

"It's mint, it's a first print, and it's mine!"

KA-POW

"Not anymore".

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:39 pm 

stratochamp wrote in Rarity of the side-tear Tom Wham Character Record Sheets:so i recently bought mdr003's pad of F1009 character sheets (thanks MIke!) and i thought i'd pass along my discoveries. It is in fact side-tearing, like my other copy of F1009 (which had been owned by Tom Wham). i noticed in the thread above that Paul Stormberg mentioned that his copy was side-tearing as well. My Wham copy has 28 pages (plus cover sheet), so I counted Tim's copy with keen anticipation....and was sad to see that there were only 24 pages (plus the cover sheet). i examined the left side and saw where a sheet had been removed and wondered when in the past Tim had used up a sheet (or more). i then remembered that i own Tim's Holmes box, and that there were 3 character sheets in it. i pulled it down, opened the box and yes, Tim's character sheet for Dunbogg (there are umlauts over the "o", but i don't know how to type them), a 6th lvl neutral fighter w/17 st and 35 hp exactly fit the slight tearing remnants still left on the pad. likewise Tim's 14th lvl mu Kel-Nohr (with 56 hits!, 17 con) was a match to the pad as well. the other sheet, Khaajaahk, an 8th lvl neutral fighter w/80 hits 18/42 st & 18 con was not part of this pad. so it had at least 26 pages originally (there are no remnants of any other removed sheets, but that's not conclusive proof that there weren't originally more).                                                                                                                    

One of the coolest things I've read here in a while.  Nice story!

Let mirth prevail!

Previous