Rarity of the side-tear Tom Wham Character Record Sheets
Poll: Which TSR 9014 Character Record Sheets do you own?

Blue, top-tearing 50%       50%  [ 6 ]
Green, top-tearing 0%       0%  [ 0 ]
Orange, side-tearing 50%       50%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 12

Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:40 pm 

I'm trying to ascertain just how rare the light-orange colored, side-tearing pad of D&D Character Record Sheets with the Tom Wham cover illustration is.  

Look here for details:

http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/miscpag ... acter.html

I recently picked up a pad in an ebay auction.

Does anyone have any info on its rarity or appearance in ebay auctions in comparison to the blue- or green-covered, top-tearing pad?

If you own a set, which one do you own?  Note:  I'm referring to the 1977 Lizard logo "TM Applied For" set.

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:50 pm 

Lizard, Stephen?

(heh... you added that text. ^^)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:17 pm 

Stephen,
I have the side tearing orange ones I picked up a couple years back IIRC. I also have a set of the green but it's an incomplete set.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:34 pm 

faro wrote:Lizard, Stephen?

(heh... you added that text. ^^)

You're quick, David.  I knew that was coming.  Yes, these puppies:

Let mirth prevail!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:55 pm 

No poll option for 'multiple'?  :cry:

Got the blue and the orange.

Hmmm, might the green be rarer? Odd...

Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:20 am 

FYI, there's a Wham pad that's even rarer -- it has an "F" stock number.  It's top-tearing.  It'll be in the next site update.

Foul

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:38 am 

And here it is....

Grey, top-tearing, F1009 stock number. One of the Kask items.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:19 am 

Aw, you stole my thunder.  :)

This pad is so rare, it wasn't even listed on the pretty-darn-comprehensive TSR Stock List.  I think since I took over the List and updated it, I've maybe added one or two stock numbers (not counting the 10th Anniversary Combo Packs).

Foul

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:16 am 

I have the front sheet but no pad. :(

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:20 am 

Cool.

Here's the relevant portion of the current stock list:

LETTERS

A114        Suspicion (boardgame) © 1977
F14        Legions of the Petal Throne
F103        Dungeon! 1st ed. 2nd printing
F105        Lankhmar 1st ed.
F110        Battle of the Five Armies 3rd ed., boxed
F115-R        D&D Basic Set, Boxed (also includes F1006, and Dungeon Geomorphs 1)
F115-R        D&D Basic Booklet, 1st printing, no date
F116        Warlocks and Warriors 1st ed., boxed
F116-R        D&D Basic Booklet, no printing info
F1006        Monster and Treasure Assortment Set 1: Levels 1-3 1st ed., hole punched on yellow cardstock
F1007        Monster and Treasure Assortment Set 2: Levels 4-6 1st ed., hole punched on green cardstock
H12        Cordite and Steel
H13        Modern Armor
SF18-R        Metamorphosis Alpha 1st ed., 1st print

So perhaps there is an F1008 as well? Or at least a planned product, never released (if so, probably M&T, Set 3)?

By the way, the 1st print Geomorphs seem to missing from this list (F1002-F1005). Also, is there an F1001?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:52 am 

I'll have to go digging into the Stock List now, since it looks like I'll be using that as my primary baseline for the non-D&D TSR contents index.  

Has anyone done an analysis of the stock list entries, along the lines of what zhowar mentioned:  looking at logical gaps, and trying to determine if products should logically fit into those gaps?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:09 am 

grodog wrote:I'll have to go digging into the Stock List now, since it looks like I'll be using that as my primary baseline for the non-D&D TSR contents index.  

Has anyone done an analysis of the stock list entries, along the lines of what zhowar mentioned:  looking at logical gaps, and trying to determine if products should logically fit into those gaps?

Perhaps one or tow of the Outdoor Geos that were supposed to follow the Walled City ones might be 2 of the missing pieces. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:30 pm 

*bump*

Better than create a new thread, I figured I'd give this one a nudge.  

Question.

I am in the process of listing my next set of auctions(and boy this should be a fun one! :D ) when I came a pad of extra Wham PC sheets that I am going to be listing(I think).  Since, I do not have a cover for this set what I am trying to find out is difficult to ascertain.  

What I am currently looking at is a set of Wham PC sheets, pale green in color, three hole punched along the left hand side and it is also a side-tearing pad.  This pad has the 1977 copyright date at the bottom and there is no TM Reg, so I was figuring that this must be a set of sheets from 1979.  My question is, is this something out of the ordinary, from what I can tell(and I most certainly could be wrong about this) is that were the 1979 sheets typically side tearing sheets or was that the norm?  

The reason that I ask is because the site does not list whether the 1979 sheets are top or side tearing and if the current print sequences mean anything, this pad should be top tearing.  Any thoughts anyone?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:32 pm 

zhowar wrote:Cool.

Here's the relevant portion of the current stock list:

LETTERS

A114        Suspicion (boardgame) © 1977
F14        Legions of the Petal Throne
F103        Dungeon! 1st ed. 2nd printing
F105        Lankhmar 1st ed.
F110        Battle of the Five Armies 3rd ed., boxed
F115-R        D&D Basic Set, Boxed (also includes F1006, and Dungeon Geomorphs 1)
F115-R        D&D Basic Booklet, 1st printing, no date
F116        Warlocks and Warriors 1st ed., boxed
F116-R        D&D Basic Booklet, no printing info
F1006        Monster and Treasure Assortment Set 1: Levels 1-3 1st ed., hole punched on yellow cardstock
F1007        Monster and Treasure Assortment Set 2: Levels 4-6 1st ed., hole punched on green cardstock
H12        Cordite and Steel
H13        Modern Armor
SF18-R        Metamorphosis Alpha 1st ed., 1st print

So perhaps there is an F1008 as well? Or at least a planned product, never released (if so, probably M&T, Set 3)?

By the way, the 1st print Geomorphs seem to missing from this list (F1002-F1005). Also, is there an F1001?

If anyone has a copy of the Magic Encyclopedia, Part 2, there is a TSR stock list at the front of it (starts page 71).

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:55 pm 

Howdy Folks,

I mentioned this last year but I have a copy of F1009 that I picked up back in  2005. Here is one of the posts with the image:

viewtopic.php?p=67785#67785

Those are side-tearing blue sheets.

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:42 am 

sleepyCO wrote:If anyone has a copy of the Magic Encyclopedia, Part 2, there is a TSR stock list at the front of it (starts page 71).

Does it list the missing alphabetical stock numbers?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:25 pm 

No, the version I have (1993) does not . . .

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:57 am 

so i recently bought mdr003's pad of F1009 character sheets (thanks MIke!) and i thought i'd pass along my discoveries. It is in fact side-tearing, like my other copy of F1009 (which had been owned by Tom Wham). i noticed in the thread above that Paul Stormberg mentioned that his copy was side-tearing as well. My Wham copy has 28 pages (plus cover sheet), so I counted Tim's copy with keen anticipation....and was sad to see that there were only 24 pages (plus the cover sheet). i examined the left side and saw where a sheet had been removed and wondered when in the past Tim had used up a sheet (or more). i then remembered that i own Tim's Holmes box, and that there were 3 character sheets in it. i pulled it down, opened the box and yes, Tim's character sheet for Dunbogg (there are umlauts over the "o", but i don't know how to type them), a 6th lvl neutral fighter w/17 st and 35 hp exactly fit the slight tearing remnants still left on the pad. likewise Tim's 14th lvl mu Kel-Nohr (with 56 hits!, 17 con) was a match to the pad as well. the other sheet, Khaajaahk, an 8th lvl neutral fighter w/80 hits 18/42 st & 18 con was not part of this pad. so it had at least 26 pages originally (there are no remnants of any other removed sheets, but that's not conclusive proof that there weren't originally more).                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
as an aside, noble knight called me a couple years ago to discuss f1009 as they had acquired one. i don't remember the exact # of pages, but i would think whoever bought it is probably a member here, so feel free to share the # of pages, color and whether it's side-tearing. in any event that would make at least 4 known copies.                                                                                                                                               
lastly, both pads are grey (the description in the rares sections references one of them being orange).

Shrink is not a condition

Next