3.5 Collectors Edition
Author

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:49 am 

ciao! just a silly question... do you think that is worth to buy both phb and dmg 3.5 limited edition? did you buy them?

...and in case, what's their fair price? ...this is a tricky question because due to the deluxe material these 2 books were made, the final price is very high! ...so it's not only a question on "how rare they could be now and in the future" but even how much the genuine leather does cost!

I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:41 am 

I have not bought these books but have seen them on a number of shelves in some bookstores and games stores.  I don't think they are huge sellers and personally think that their price will go way down before/if they become valuable collectibles.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:07 am 

aia wrote:ciao! just a silly question... do you think that is worth to buy both phb and dmg 3.5 limited edition? did you buy them?

...and in case, what's their fair price? ...this is a tricky question because due to the deluxe material these 2 books were made, the final price is very high! ...so it's not only a question on "how rare they could be now and in the future" but even how much the genuine leather does cost!

I bought them, I went to a discount online bookseller here in Canada and got them for 35% off though.  I play 3.5 quite often so I actually opened and used the books.

As far as rarity goes, they are not rare at all.  Limited to how many they could print I would imagine.  Future growth on these books would be rather low or negative in my opinion.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:19 am 

Blackmoor wrote:
I bought them, I went to a discount online bookseller here in Canada and got them for 35% off though.  I play 3.5 quite often so I actually opened and used the books.

As far as rarity goes, they are not rare at all.  Limited to how many they could print I would imagine.  Future growth on these books would be rather low or negative in my opinion.

i agree. prb nice to have because of the "limited" element, but beyond that, i dont see them as going rare anytime soon, specially with value.

Al

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:16 pm 

I personally wouldn't bother with d20 product at all, and that's all I will say regarding my dislike of WotC's abomination. :!:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:31 pm 

Come back in thirty five years when they're $50,000 each (adjusting for three-and-a-half decades of inflation) and maybe you'll get some yes responses. :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:01 am 

Now I have to look for them.   :x

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."