Collecting Creep?
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:12 pm 

Maraudar wrote:Gods ther are too many things to think about... Damn you!!! Damn you all to hell!!!!  :P

Maraudar

hey chummer...there is always the coolness of JG products :D

they should take you a fair while to get your hands on :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:39 pm 

I purchased scads of material with a view of using it for play.  As a result, I became a collector by accident.  Way too much stuff, too much money, too much space.

On the other hand, I've done pretty well selling it off and using the proceeds for gifts for my kids, beer money at GenCon, etc..., as well as finding out what I don't like, in terms of gaming materials.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:52 pm 

francisca wrote:I purchased scads of material with a view of using it for play.  As a result, I became a collector by accident.  Way too much stuff, too much money, too much space.

On the other hand, I've done pretty well selling it off and using the proceeds for gifts for my kids, beer money at GenCon, etc..., as well as finding out what I don't like, in terms of gaming materials.

well yeah thats it - i go through phases of getting my hands on allsorts of stuff, but in the end i only keep what i genuinely like and will read again and again or its a pure collectors item to begin with.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:33 pm 

Generally, if it falls into my hands it is not leaving.  I am too nostalgic about gaming products to sell them.  Maybe if I had a carping wife?

I buy the things I like and I add them to my dragon horde.  I have been collecting D20 stuff because I perceive that others are letting them go and will regret it.

Mark

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Previous