endless dungeon
Author

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:13 am 

ciao, this auction  
** expired eBay auction **
has ended with a significant bid and now i'd understand what are the so called Endless dungeon booklet that were present in it...

here's a pic taken from that auction:

are they rare? what's their content?

I am the servant of the Secret Maps, Wielder of the flame of Clone!
You cannot quote! The dark spam will not avail you, flame of Udun.
Go back to the Shadow! You... cannot... post!!!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:24 am 

Wow!  I think I remember Deadlord winning an auction with an Endless Dungeon for about $5 . . . was a few years back . . .

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:04 am 

They are rare. The only one I've ever personally seen was mine.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:01 am 

Aia, The Endless Dungeon is a Wee Warriors product like Palace of the Vampire Queen and Dwarven Glory. Search the forums for posts or threads mentiong "endless" and "dungeon" and you'll find some previous discussions.

The "afterglow" website has some information:
The Endless Dungeon - a set of cardboard tiles you could glue together into a number of floors and walls and use for miniature playing. An early issue of White Dwarf even reviewed this release and came to the conclusion that you were better off without the Endless Dungeon. My copy comes with cover art labeled Morno 1977 but has a copyright notice from 1975 inside it and a TSR distribution notice (the latter was crossed out). Apparently Wee Warriors repackaged leftover copies from the TSR printing with a new cover page. Or were there really two distinct printings?

http://www.stud.uni-hamburg.de/users/af ... index.html

Note: This information may be out of date in view of later Acaeum posts.

The Acaeum currently only covers Wee Warriors products that were sold by TSR including Palace of the Vampire Queen, Dwarven Glory, and the Character Archaic. Actually, I'm not sure why Endless Dungeons is not covered; the information above seems to indicate a TSR distribution notice.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:48 pm 

Wowzers 8O  8O  8O

I was thinking of bidding on that lot to get them but I would of been left in the dust....

I need to win the Lotto...

Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:20 pm 

zhowar wrote:Actually, I'm not sure why Endless Dungeons is not covered; the information above seems to indicate a TSR distribution notice.

TSR had planned to distribute the Endless Dungeon, but never did.  The Wee Warriors / TSR relationship fell apart just before its publication.  And I haven't heard of any copies that do not have the distribution notice crossed out.

Foul

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:11 pm 

Is that thing like dungeon tiles? I think my first DM used those way back when.

~Clangador
---------------

Black Blade Publishing imprint of OSRIC is not only the most definitive printing of OSRIC to date, but also the single greatest resource for old school gamers since the three original hardbacks written by E. Gary Gygax.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:40 pm 

Yes, cut-ups with walls and hex sheets that you could assemble in myriad ways to create "an endless dungeon".  The review of this product is somewhat accurate, rather rudimentary and basic, although visionary for ~1975.