Gencon, It's about time?
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:08 pm 

Prufrock wrote:I would really like to buy a Canadian Dwarf, anyone know what they do for? :wink:

Martin

?????????Canadian Dwarf

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:44 pm 

I thought that might get your attention.  Just mad I missed catchin up with you at Gencon.  For the second straight year I was unable to meet with any Acaeum members.  Next year will be different.  I'm going to try to get everybody together for lunch or dinner.

Martin

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:33 pm 

Prufrock wrote:I thought that might get your attention.  Just mad I missed catchin up with you at Gencon.  For the second straight year I was unable to meet with any Acaeum members.  Next year will be different.  I'm going to try to get everybody together for lunch or dinner.

Martin

Sounds good, I will be there next year as well.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:26 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
Sounds good, I will be there next year as well.

I'll be there selling 2nd edition homemade copies of all the Goodman Games modules...

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:36 pm 

Am back..Yes I got 16 copies (so 1 or 2 copies for all those I had on the list)..I missed the meeting with the Acaeum and Frank (but did get a private tour from Frank later on - just no cookies  :cry: ) Love the button (shall have to scan that in some time)
Judges Guild stuff was really non existant at this con, though I did get Inferno in really good condition for $15

Well, back to reading up on all these messages and I'll get back to people tommorrow (shall probably collapse after I've read all the new emails/messages)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:38 pm 

Plaag wrote:Am back..Yes I got 16 copies (so 1 or 2 copies for all those I had on the list)..I missed the meeting with the Acaeum and Frank (but did get a private tour from Frank later on - just no cookies  :cry: ) Love the button (shall have to scan that in some time)
Judges Guild stuff was really non existant at this con, though I did get Inferno in really good condition for $15

Well, back to reading up on all these messages and I'll get back to people tommorrow (shall probably collapse after I've read all the new emails/messages)

ShaneG.

You rock Shane!  :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:47 pm 

Gah... I missed the Acaeum meet-up, too... I thought I'd have a chance to see and do more this year, not having a booth...

Ah well, there will be next year... Still had a great time, altogether!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:52 pm 

jamesmishler wrote:Gah... I missed the Acaeum meet-up, too... I thought I'd have a chance to see and do more this year, not having a booth...

Ah well, there will be next year... Still had a great time, altogether!

Oh yeah and great to finally meet you James :)

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:57 am 

GenCon Buttons

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:18 am 

wahay! that is VERY cool!

very nice indeedy! man that musta been so much fun getting that!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:23 am 

killjoy32 wrote:wahay! that is VERY cool!

very nice indeedy! man that musta been so much fun getting that!

Al

:D Yes it was!

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:42 am 

Plaag wrote:
:D Yes it was!

ShaneG.

man i am fuming now that i didnt go - i really wanted to as well - and after seeing that badge - that would have been so much fun!

i am gonna PM the hell out of martin for the next year now to make sure i go next time!!

:) Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:46 am 

The button itself would have been worth the trip.  Man, the memories you'll have every time you pull that baby out of your collection.  Very cool.

Let mirth prevail!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:01 pm 

The Wham button is really cool... I think more of us will be making the trip the next year.   :wink:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:00 pm 

Prufrock wrote:I was not very happy when they told me they sold out in the first hour.  I made it very clear I thought they were not too damn smart to come to Gencon with only sixty copies.  They left a lot of money in Indianapolis.  I think that is inexcusable.  They told me to go to thier site and sign up for a "second printing".  If enough people signed up they would do the printing.  It just shows they do not understand thier market.

I didn't hang around long enough to hear "the only 60 copies" part.  I got pissed and walked away after they told me the guy who did the 1E conversion bought a big pile of them.  Nice to know he got a good investment out of his work.  I look forward to seeing it on ebay.

Seriously, I'm really, really pissed.  I now officially hate Goodman Games with a passion I lack the words to fully describe.  Why'd they bother announcing this module on Dragonsfoot if they didn't want to sell that many?  Dumbasses.

(If you think this post is harsh, I assure you that the words in my head are much nastier.  Much, much nastier.)

WWW ICQ  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:35 pm 

Contrarian wrote:

I didn't hang around long enough to hear "the only 60 copies" part.  I got pissed and walked away after they told me the guy who did the 1E conversion bought a big pile of them.  Nice to know he got a good investment out of his work.  I look forward to seeing it on ebay.

Seriously, I'm really, really pissed.  I now officially hate Goodman Games with a passion I lack the words to fully describe.  Why'd they bother announcing this module on Dragonsfoot if they didn't want to sell that many?  Dumbasses.

(If you think this post is harsh, I assure you that the words in my head are much nastier.  Much, much nastier.)

Yes, they are pretty dumb..... :x

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:37 pm 

VermilionFire wrote:The Wham button is really cool... I think more of us will be making the trip the next year.   :wink:

Button is very cool and each one was unique with its own personel illistration as well. :D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:23 pm 

Contrarian wrote:I didn't hang around long enough to hear "the only 60 copies" part.  I got pissed and walked away after they told me the guy who did the 1E conversion bought a big pile of them.  Nice to know he got a good investment out of his work.  I look forward to seeing it on ebay.

I just don't get what all the fuss is about -- but then I don't collect stuff younger than 15 years or so.  :lol:

YIM  
PreviousNext