eBay Pricing Change for Stores
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:18 pm 

The massive store inventory glut is, I would strongly suspect, because of the proliferation of drop-shipping wankers that are, imo, abusing the system. My 700 item inventory is considered 'medium size', but the 'large size' guys have 10,000 items. The big dropshippers push 100,000 store inventory listings.

One megastore is the equivalent of over 100 guys my size. Doing something to change the drop-ship pandemic would fix their problem, without alienating a large portion of their seller base even further.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:31 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:
Yeah, there's not really any viable alternatives here. There's Amazon.com, but it doesn't provide nearly the traffic that eBay does.

Yes but if all sellers go to Amazon, buyers would go to Amazon too and same traffic will be found on Amazon (or every other websites)...
Don't close your ebay store and ebay will be winner. Of course for professional seller it is another matter but if all non-professional stop selling on ebay for 3 months, eBay will change their policies, I am pretty sure....

Anyway I will close my store and stop selling on ebay on August 20th...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:44 pm 

GraysonAC wrote:The massive store inventory glut is, I would strongly suspect, because of the proliferation of drop-shipping wankers that are, imo, abusing the system. My 700 item inventory is considered 'medium size', but the 'large size' guys have 10,000 items. The big dropshippers push 100,000 store inventory listings.

One megastore is the equivalent of over 100 guys my size. Doing something to change the drop-ship pandemic would fix their problem, without alienating a large portion of their seller base even further.

I agree 100%  When a seller who has opened his store just this January already has over 40k items inside and they are all books with suspciously skimpy descriptions, that's just crap.  Ebay could fix it if they want to (limit store listings, limit time items can spend in a store without selling, etc), but let's face it, giant dropshipper guy is still going to pay the fee increase and just digest it into his bottom line.  Guys like Grayson and I are the ones who really pay.  It won't change my way of doing business too much except for eliminating a lot of auctions, but I suspect Giant Dropshipper guys might have to lop 1000 or more items off their inventory, or hopefully just leave Ebay altogether. Typical large megacorp Ebay uses a sledgehammer to stop a fly....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:53 pm 

BTW I should say these changes should benefit the Buyer.  Not only will Giant Dropshipper Guys have to hopefully cut half their crap inventory, but Unrealistic Price Guy That Stuck An Item In His Store For Way More Than It Will Every Sell For Hoping To Catch A Newbie will also be forced to reevaluate his stupid listings, hopefully knocking down his prices (EX Valhalla Games)....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:34 pm 

Valhalla does not have enough listed to really hurt, do they?  

It is the sellers here...with medium-sized inventories...that will be hurt.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Previous