Need opinions
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:32 pm 

Actually, it may in fact be moot now as he is no longer a registered user:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... al20gaming

Must be too many positve experiences for ebay's taste.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:55 pm 

He has tons and tons of positive feeback.

Also, a fair chunk of his negatives came from tangling with Cougarrinard and Creep1962...both of whom have displayed really terrible comminication skills and possibly bad business practices in the past.  I have no direct evidence that either one is untrustworthy, but I have lots of examples to show that both are rather nasty/mean/angry/rude.

If he has anywhere near the bad communication habits that those two display...and his feedback responses indicate he can be vindictive...then no wonder he has touched off verbal fireworks a few times.

The 12 bid retractions in the last year bother me more.

The thing is, if you were to somehow allow him to get his EBay identity back, his vindictive track record shows that he would almost surely try to get revenge.

In fact, he may be likely to make another identity and try to get revenge anway.

It occurs to me that possibly THE most effective response to a negative feedback might be:

"Problems and misunderstandings do occur.  I am always willing fix things."

Or something like that.  

The flaring explosions some sellers launch in response hurt themselves more than the complaining customer.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:42 pm 

At this point the issue is pretty much over since he is no longer a registered user.  I'm pretty sure that eBay will refund your fees based upon the following info:

Normally, Insertion Fees are non-refundable. However, if your listing ends without a winning buyer or ends with an Unpaid Item (UPI), you may qualify for a credit by relisting the item. If the item sells the second time, eBay will refund the Insertion Fee for relisting.

You must use the official Relist feature in order to receive the Insertion Fee credit. Copying and pasting the content of the original listing into a brand new listing, will not enable eBay to track that you are relisting the item and will prevent you from receiving a credit.

General requirements for the credit

You must relist the item within 90 days of the closing date of the original listing.
Only the first relisting of an item is eligible. Subsequent relistings of the same item do not qualify.
Both the original listing and the relisting must be in Online Auction or Fixed Price format (not Store Inventory format or Real Estate Advertisement).
Both the original listing and the relisting must be single-quantity (not Multiple Item or "Dutch").
The starting price you set for the relisted item must not be greater than that of the original listing.
The relisted item must not have a reserve price if the original listing didn't have one. If it did, the reserve price you set for the relisted item must not be greater than that of the original listing.
The relisted item must end with a winning buyer. If the item doesn't sell the second time, the Insertion Fee is not refunded.
Qualifying Unpaid Items that are relisted and close successfully will receive a standard relist credit automatically if the item is relisted and sells.

Time to relist!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:10 pm 

Tried it, Bart. No luck. the auctions are gone. But thanks a lot for the info.
I'll just relist them manually.................

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:15 pm 

Bummer.

Previous