gaming websites
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:21 am 

Can anyone recommend a good website to discuss 1st edition AD&D gaming? I am currently designing a couple adventures and need comments and suggestions regarding many areas of their design...I tried awhile back to post it here but the idea didn't seem to gather much interest, I just don't know where to look to find a solid core of 1st edition gamers! Any help would be appreciated!

Posted: seeking arcane knowledge, will pay well for old writings,books,scrolls,alchemist cookbooks, and other odds n' ends that will aid me in furthering my pursuits!

-Thenraine the silver magus

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:23 am 

www.dragonsfoot.org is what you are looking for.  Check out their fourms.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:43 am 

If you're setting your adventure in Greyhawk, the Wilderlands, the Known World from Basic/Expert, etc. there are also sites dedicated to specific settings, at which folks will often comment about adventure design, too.

DF is probably your best one-stop-shopping site, although there is some excellent dungeon/wilderness design discussion over at Knights & Knaves, in the various "Adventure Notes" forums for OD&D and AD&D.  The site is at http://www.knights-n-knaves.com/phpbb/

Scott---

K&K as well as DF would be good links to add to the links section if they're not already there.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:56 pm 

thanks for the help guys :)

Posted: seeking arcane knowledge, will pay well for old writings,books,scrolls,alchemist cookbooks, and other odds n' ends that will aid me in furthering my pursuits!

-Thenraine the silver magus