Dungeon!
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 1:30 pm 

I am looking to buy a copy of one of the 1970's made Dungeon boardgames by TSR.  I cant remember the exact year and that is what I am trying to find out.  The one I use to play at my friends house had a picture of skeletons in chains on the front.  The picture gave me the impression that that was the party who had failed their mission.

Does anyone know the year of this version? Or better yet know of a picture/scan of the box ?

Thanks.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:30 am 

Here's one :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=44108

Nev

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:34 am 

Thanks Nev I think thats it!  :P

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 4:19 pm 

You see, if we have a non-D&D TSR source of info like the Acaeum, we'd know all about Dungeon's editions, along with Lankhmar, Metamorphosis Alpha, etc.

:D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 8:05 pm 

Afterglow has a page, but there are several inaccuracies, and I don't think it's been updated for a while. I'd be happy to start one if everyone would contribute info and scans. It would also help to have an outlet to try and trade/sell non-TSR items.

Tell you what, if everyone on Mike's "top non-TSR" list agrees to send info and scans, I'll put the time in to make a non-TSR site. Just e-mail me or reply to this post with a yea or nay.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 8:26 pm 

Lankhmar is another game I am after.  Never seen it on Ebay.  That Dungeon is not the exact one I played as a kid (different box) but the board looks identical.  Thanks again all.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:54 am 

solomani wrote:Lankhmar is another game I am after.  Never seen it on Ebay.  That Dungeon is not the exact one I played as a kid (different box) but the board looks identical.  Thanks again all.

I've got a spare punched Lankhamr I'd be willing to trade, solamani.  Email if you're interested :D

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:56 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:Afterglow has a page, but there are several inaccuracies, and I don't think it's been updated for a while. I'd be happy to start one if everyone would contribute info and scans. It would also help to have an outlet to try and trade/sell non-TSR items.

Tell you what, if everyone on Mike's "top non-TSR" list agrees to send info and scans, I'll put the time in to make a non-TSR site. Just e-mail me or reply to this post with a yea or nay.

Deadlord, I wasn't complaining about a lack of non-TSR info---afterglow's list is fine by me.  I was complaining about a lack of non-D&D TSR product info.  See my post at non-D&D TSR products? for my  original gripe :D

Greyhawk, grodog Style

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:07 am 

My bust, sorry. I still owe you scans of Gygax's stuff too. I will get those out asap.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:56 am 

I just sold a copy of Dungeon! and was criticized because it was the 1975 edition and not the 1981 edition that the buyer was looking for.  If someone is looking for it I could probably get it back.  I also have a copy of Lankhmar, along with some other non-TSR stuff like early Judge's Guild modules and magazines.

[email protected]

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:45 pm 

I hate rasing an ancient thread from the dead, but does anyone have any idea where I can get the old # chits and grave chits?  Too bad there wasn't a pdf I could purchase of this boardgame.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:55 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Tell you what, if everyone on Mike's "top non-TSR" list agrees to ...

Since this thread has been brought back up, who is/was on this list?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:03 pm 

McDeath wrote:I hate rasing an ancient thread from the dead, but does anyone have any idea where I can get the old # chits and grave chits?  Too bad there wasn't a pdf I could purchase of this boardgame.

Yeah, I have them for sale . . . but they come with the rest of the game!  What version are you looking for?  Is it this one?

cgi.ebay.com/DUNGEON-Fantasy-Boardgame- ... dZViewItem

You're probably going to be in a situation where you need to buy the game.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:34 pm 

Ah, yep, the 1980 version.  Did the older version differ in content?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:39 pm 

As long as we are on the Dungeon! subject.  Does anyone know of any informally published "house rules" for Dungeon! that are more advanced?

You know, like Axis and Allies had several different small press "Advanced" rules that took the existing contents and added greater complexity.  

I figure someone must have created some "Add-on" rules at sometime or other. . .

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:05 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:As long as we are on the Dungeon! subject.  Does anyone know of any informally published "house rules" for Dungeon! that are more advanced?

You know, like Axis and Allies had several different small press "Advanced" rules that took the existing contents and added greater complexity.  

I figure someone must have created some "Add-on" rules at sometime or other. . .

The Strategic Review #6 had rules to add dwarves and clerics to Dungeon!, plus other monsters, traps and treasures.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:10 pm 

I think the expansion to Dungeon! also had some new rules too.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:27 pm 

Boardgame Geek has lots of interesting Dungeon stuff, including all of the official TSR expansion stuff. It's also the only place where I've ever found the rules and details for the Dungeon Miniatures set.

Be sure to check every entry, though, as they are divided up: Dungeon, Classic Dungeon, New Dungeon, etc.

Boardgame Geek

Next