players
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:42 pm 

Marlith wrote:
I think there are a number of reasons many older gamers don't, won't or can't give 3.x a chance.

Hey, I am old and play the new editions!  The game is still good, good as ever in my opinion, just modernized for the new generation.  We don't play with power gamers, we play to have fun.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:06 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
Hey, I am old and play the new editions!  The game is still good, good as ever in my opinion, just modernized for the new generation.  We don't play with power gamers, we play to have fun.

+1

I think people forget that any game is as good as who you play it with.  We have a good mature group, everybody has fun.  No power gaming or kid stuff.  I know there's alot of resistance from the grognard crowd, but there's actually some really good things about 3.5 for older gamers who decide to give it a shot.  The system is streamlined and pretty easy to pick up, so it's great for teaching new players.  Another good thing is, it's supported well right now.  There's a ton of new modules and supplements available.  Which is good for me, since I have little time to write up my own stuff.  Plus I have some players from the old days in my group.  You can only run TOEE or the Giants series so many times...  :-)

Don't get me wrong, I still love the old editions, too!

Whatever edition you're playing, as long as your having fun, you're doing it right.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:15 pm 

Playstation is so much easier. Just hit the power button and wham! Powergame till you pass out. And you don't need anyone else!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:16 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:

I understand that there are many who have. I was just giving a reason that I think is the reason some don't. If I were to find the right group I am sure I could be persuaded to play it as well. It just has some barriers in place for me...one I will admitt is the art the new books use. I want my fantasy characters to look like fantasy characters. If I want Shadowrun looking characters I would play Shadowrun (which I like the idea of by the way) but in FR, Greyhawk or any of the previously established settings elves should not have punk spiked hair and body piercings....but that is just my opinion yours may differ  :lol:

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:36 pm 

Good points about the art, Marlith.  They should get fantasy artists for a new edition, rather than the anime art that drives 3.5.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:54 am 

MShipley88 wrote:Good points about the art, Marlith.  They should get fantasy artists for a new edition, rather than the anime art that drives 3.5.

This I totally agree with.   :!:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:57 am 

Agent Cooper wrote: You can only run TOEE or the Giants series so many times...  :-)

errrrr no.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Previous