Moneybags
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:03 pm 

Most spent: $208
For what: EPT boxed, complete, vg cond.
Do I regret it?  Yeah.  With all respects to the late Dr. Barker, it's really not that good of a game...thought it'd be more useful for my OD&D campaign, really.
Do I still own it?  For now...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:09 pm 

I spent $57 once.  :x

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:15 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
shane

you bought that gen con ix tourney - that went for $300+ didnt it? i am sure i bid a high amount on that and you went way over me as i remember discussing it...or did i place the bid in the end...oh i cant remember...

what did that go for in the end?

Al

Ah, yeah..okay well it goes as my second most item then: The GenCon IX Tourneys went for $236.56

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:37 pm 

Most money you have ever spent on a single gaming item? Either $1200 or $1500, don't really remember now.
Why? It was the first and only one I'd ever seen.
Do you regret it? Nope.  It got me an invite up to Rhea's house where I ended up spending, uh, several thousand dollars on more stuff from his collection and Chris Roseman's.
Do you still own it? You bet.
What is it? R1 Prepub.
And the next biggest?  Not sure... Lost Tomoachan maybe?  Probably around a $1000.  Just don't ask what the most I ever spent on a Star Wars toy is....  :oops:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:17 pm 

blackdougal wrote:Most money you have ever spent on a single gaming item? Either $1200 or $1500, don't really remember now.
Why? It was the first and only one I'd ever seen.
Do you regret it? Nope.  It got me an invite up to Rhea's house where I ended up spending, uh, several thousand dollars on more stuff from his collection and Chris Roseman's.
Do you still own it? You bet.
What is it? R1 Prepub.
And the next biggest?  Not sure... Lost Tomoachan maybe?  Probably around a $1000.  Just don't ask what the most I ever spent on a Star Wars toy is....  :oops:

BD;

What is the state of Rhea's collection now? Several years ago he was going to sell everything, started auctioning some stuff on Ebay, then disappeared completely.  Do you know if he sold off his stuff or ended up keeping it? Haven't seen or heard anything from him in years.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:46 pm 

I bought a few of his rarer items. No idea what happened to the rest.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:49 pm 

DungeonDelver wrote:Do I regret it?  Yeah.  With all respects to the late Dr. Barker, it's really not that good of a game...thought it'd be more useful for my OD&D campaign, really.

I wasn't aware Barker had died??

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:31 pm 

I don't think I have ever spend more than $100 on any single item. Spent over $500 on more than a few large lots.

There are two reasons for this.

1) I bought my must-have rares when they came out (mostly out of dumb luck).

2) The big dollars rares that I still need generally exceed my max bid. 8O

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:51 pm 

Badmike wrote:
BD;

What is the state of Rhea's collection now? Several years ago he was going to sell everything, started auctioning some stuff on Ebay, then disappeared completely.  Do you know if he sold off his stuff or ended up keeping it? Haven't seen or heard anything from him in years.

Mike B.

Not sure, I haven't heard from him in a while.  The last time I made a trip up there he still had quite a bit left, though most of the "big" items had already sold.  That was quite a while back (couple of years or more, maybe?) and shortly after that he stopped ebaying.  He might have found a bulk buyer for the remaining collection.  Or maybe he got sick of ebaying... you know how tiresome that can get.   :wink:

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:25 pm 

blackdougal wrote:
Not sure, I haven't heard from him in a while.  The last time I made a trip up there he still had quite a bit left, though most of the "big" items had already sold.  That was quite a while back (couple of years or more, maybe?) and shortly after that he stopped ebaying.  He might have found a bulk buyer for the remaining collection.  Or maybe he got sick of ebaying... you know how tiresome that can get.   :wink:

He is cataloging what he has left at the moment, I have been in contact with him on and off...

Brette:)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:59 pm 

grodog wrote:
I wasn't aware Barker had died??

My mistake.  Guess not!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:13 pm 

Plaag wrote:Ah, yeah..okay well it goes as my second most item then: The GenCon IX Tourneys went for $236.56

Ah... did I not spot the "there maybe different copies that predate this" update?
Belated thanks. :)

Try $5 ($2.50 * 2 ) ex. Dragon #3, page 30?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:35 pm 

faro wrote:Ah... did I not spot the "there maybe different copies that predate this" update?
Belated thanks. :)

Try $5 ($2.50 * 2 ) ex. Dragon #3, page 30?

And I saved that text (and others from Dragon Mags) some time ago but haven't done anything with it yet.. :oops: (shall have to add the $2.50 price and the winners from this on an update)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:49 pm 

Badmike wrote:I would absolutely never spend over a couple hundred on a  single item unless it was something I could resell and was an absolute steal (I.e., a orange B3, ST1, POTVQ, etc).

Hmm... in that case you'd better increase the amount you're offering for those on your AOL page, Mike, since that still only says $100 each - albeit cash. :twisted:

(For some reason the http://hometown.aol.com/badmike3/myhome ... iness.html link on your Acaeum profile doesn't work, btw).

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:55 pm 

I think the most I've paided for a single item was £25 (about) for Kidnapped (RPGA Forgotten Realms module) - It is probably quite clear that I'm not a top end collector!
That having been said I spent £9.99 on my first DMG back in the day, and IIRC my earnings (paper round) were £7.50 a week - I'd like to be able to spend over a weeks money on a single book now - though my wife would kill me(She'd actually probably kill me if she knew I spent £25 on the module! :lol: )

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:30 am 

faro wrote:Hmm... in that case you'd better increase the amount you're offering for those on your AOL page, Mike, since that still only says $100 each - albeit cash. :twisted:

(For some reason the http://hometown.aol.com/badmike3/myhome ... iness.html link on your Acaeum profile doesn't work, btw).

I actually forgot I had that...I think it's been roughly 2-3 years since I updated!  Either need to completely revamp or to delete it entirely.  Probably why the link doesn't work anymore, either.  I think I stole that page pretty much verbatim from either Dragonstrove or NobleKnight's Buy pages, lots of changes since then that I need to take into account....
But cmon, who WOULDNT take $100 for an ST1?   :twisted:

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:35 pm 

Around $1500-1600 each for a Tsojconth and Fazzle from the designer, Howard, within about one month of each other (ouch).

Absolutely no regrets at all.

However, I'm going to shell out a hell of a lot more for a nice woodgrain one of these days, and will probably regret it.  It's the biggest hole in my collection, and has been for a loooooooooong time.

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:18 pm 

I bought a X1 for $3.00 once, afew more items in the $5-10 dollar range.  If I think of anything else I bought I will post here later :?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

PreviousNext