Gencon Anyone?
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:51 am 

Since my last thread became such a winner...

I am probably not going to make it. It is the worst possible week in August for me.

But you never know.

Anyone else?

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:54 am 

I am going, barring any disaster. Course maybe more expensive this year, but then I figure I won't go outlandish in my purchases.
Ah hell, I can't keep that promise to myself..must control spending..

(Edit: I will of course be going with a list of 'wants'..did this for my first GenCon and it worked pretty well to jog my memory of what I needed.)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:00 am 

So what does everyone think about the upcoming midterm elections anyway?  :twisted:  :P  {j/k}. :oops:

I still havent made up my mind yet, it is still a possibility, but I am still not 100% either way yet.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:03 am 

bclarkie wrote:So what does everyone think about the upcoming midterm elections anyway?  :twisted:  :P  {j/k}. :oops:

I still havent made up my mind yet, it is still a possibility, but I am still not 100% either way yet.

Well now that you ask.... [edited for content]

I may or may not go. (If that was your reply, why post, one could ask)

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:22 am 

We'll be there.

Just hope to have some money to spend.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:51 am 

Already registered with hotel.  See you all there.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:25 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:Already registered with hotel.  See you all there.

Did you use one of the hotels connected to the Convention Center? If so would you mind sharing what they are running?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:58 pm 

Marlith wrote:

Did you use one of the hotels connected to the Convention Center? If so would you mind sharing what they are running?

Sorry my wife will be with me.  If you wanted a hotel conncected you needed to register within the first few weeks, they go really fast.  I managed to get a room at the westin and its running about $80.00/day.

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:04 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
Marlith wrote:

Sorry my wife will be with me.  If you wanted a hotel conncected you needed to register within the first few weeks, they go really fast.  I managed to get a room at the westin and its running about $80.00/day.

No, I did nit want to share a room or anything like that...I would not subject anyone to rooming with me   :lol:

I wanted to know what the room were going for.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:38 pm 

I'm always there (Since 1979).

By mid-July I'll resurrect the ACE thread, but here's a recap:

Acaeum Members are invited to gather on Friday afternoon in the Auction room (right across from the Dealer Room!) for an informal meet 'n' greet and a private tour of the Collectibles (including ultras, with gloves handed out so you can look through 'em).

We ask that you not bring up Politics or Religion... or if you do, save it for the Dealer Room. ;>

If you're into autographs I recommend bringing items. Owen Seylor should be around (author of the Last Unicorn Dune hardback), and I'm also hoping to introduce y'all to a few others, hopefully including Tom Wham, Jolly Blackburn, Jim Ward, Tim Kask, and more. We might even be able to buttonhole Dave Arneson, who knows...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:48 pm 

Marlith wrote:
Blackmoor wrote:
Marlith wrote:

No, I did nit want to share a room or anything like that...I would not subject anyone to rooming with me   :lol:

I wanted to know what the room were going for.

Sorry  :lol:   I just checked my reservation and the room is actually $144.00/night  8O   My bad.

See you there

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:49 pm 

ExTSR wrote:I'm always there (Since 1979).

Acaeum Members are invited to gather on Friday afternoon in the Auction room (right across from the Dealer Room!) for an informal meet 'n' greet and a private tour of the Collectibles (including ultras, with gloves handed out so you can look through 'em).

We ask that you not bring up Politics or Religion... or if you do, save it for the Dealer Room. ;>

If you're into autographs I recommend bringing items. Owen Seylor should be around (author of the Last Unicorn Dune hardback), and I'm also hoping to introduce y'all to a few others, hopefully including Tom Wham, Jolly Blackburn, Jim Ward, Tim Kask, and more. We might even be able to buttonhole Dave Arneson, who knows...

I just get more frustrated by the minute... I was supposed to go this year! ArggggH! Auggh! But no...my friend had to get married on that day! Ah well, here's hoping for next year!

" I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered!  My life is my own"- The Prisoner

Long-Winded Collector

Earlier in the year I was planning on going to my first GenCon.  Unfortunately it will have to wait until next year as I am getting married in November.  Any money I may have had to spend at GenCon is now wrapped around my fiances ring finger.  The rest of it will end up in Walt Disney's coffers as we are spending our honeymoon at Disney World.  :(

Hopefully the Acaeum get together will be a successful one and it will be an annual thing and I can meet the lot of you next year.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

ExTSR wrote:I'm always there (Since 1979).

Great I just booked my airline tickets as well, looking forward to this.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:08 pm 

Down, jealousy, down!

GenCon is a rocking good time (although I only attended in Wisconsin, never in Indy). I have one piece of advice for any first-time attendees: pace yourself. Seriously. GenCon is bigger than all outdoors; trying to do everything will just lead to burnout.

Have fun, lucky Acaeum bastards ... oh, I mean, lucky Acaeum members. Sorry about that.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:26 pm 

Oh yeah.  Not sure how many I'm up to (10-12 consecutive?).  But I'd have to have sunk to never-before reached depths before I'd be willing to say I'm too broke or too busy for GC.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:38 pm 

mordrin wrote:Oh yeah.  Not sure how many I'm up to (10-12 consecutive?).  But I'd have to have sunk to never-before reached depths before I'd be willing to say I'm too broke or too busy for GC.

Agreed!  This will be my third Gencon, as far as I am concerned it is the place to be for gamers and collectors alike!  Many items are first released at Gencon, lots of rare promos, tons of gaming.

Once you have tasted it it is hard to resist another go!  Thousands of gamers, dealers, companies and special guests.  I had Skip Williams (Current designer for D&D) DM a game at a table right beside me!  I gamed with the actual writer/designer of a module he had just got published.  It is a great experience and this year a special event for the Acaeum members; it will be great.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:31 pm 

I'm going... to the SoCal GenCon.

Wish I could make it to the original. *sigh*

Next