Weird Paypal issue
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:12 pm 

Funky thing happened. I sent a note to a buyer asking him to send payment to a different Paypal account if he was using a credit card. He sent the payment to my regular account, and it asked me to upgrade. I denied it, and asked him to send to the proper one. He claims he transferred the money to his account and then paid using a balance.
Is this possible? The e-mail notification I got says clearly that it is an Instant Payment, and asks me to upgrade to accept it.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:19 pm 

If you have 2 different payapal account I believe that you can pay from c/c into one then use that. I have had people refund the $$ back to me then I have been able to use that as cash instead of credit, but I don't believe that you can pay yourself..

Brette:)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:38 pm 

Not sure I understand...........
He says Paypal will take 7-10 days to return the money to his account.
His feedback record is slightly spotty, but considering he bought a ton of mags, I would think he is on the up and up.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:55 am 

Don't know. Phone PayPal and ask them. Their phone nimber is under 'contact us' on their help page. I would have though 'Instant' also aicluded balance transfers.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:21 am 

Is it possible that he is paying you over your $500 limit for the month?  If his payment is doing that then Paypal will prompt you to upgrade and they will not allow you to accept any other payment until you either do upgrade that account or you months cycle is up.  Assuming that is the case you can still have him pay you as a balance transfer, you just have toi have him pay you with it into your business Paypal account.  :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:31 am 

Ahhhh, that's the problem, I bet. Thanks!