AD&D Play By Mail Game?
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:12 pm 

Mars wrote:If I am not mistaken it is written by Jim Dutton of Entertainment Concepts who did the Silverdawn PBM.  I think TSR commissioned him to do it after Silverdawn had already come out.

Correct. Jim and Elizabeth Dutton are listed as the Designers, programmers and "rules".

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:22 pm 

ExTSR wrote:Useta play some NWN when it was on AOL; I think SSI did spin off the home-pooter version.

And they used MY artwork too. :/ (from Needle)

That Needle artwork pops up everywhere...IIRC it's also the cover for the sixth print (2nd edition) of Rogue's Gallery.

It looks like a home spinoff of the Neverwinter Nights game; it only has one floppy so it's not very big.  Includes a letter from AOl and the usual Gold Box stuff like rulebook, adventurers journal, etc.  The letter explains how to go to AOL Neverwinter Nights and play online.  Does anyone that played online remember if you needed software to access NWN?  Or did you just download from the site?  The instructions seem to suggest you need this software to help in the online game, or maybe it just enhances the game (you get something called a vault where you can store items offline if you so choose). This is the only one I've ever seen, very cool item.
  From what I recall the big draw of NWN was killing other player characters, and finding ways to cheat by altering code  :roll:

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:25 pm 

zhowar wrote:
Badmike wrote: Cover is by Elmore, it looks like it was recycled from another product but can't be sure.

Mike - just to clarify, that's the artwork from the D&D Companion Set, though the image is reversed left-to-right (at least from the Acaeum scan), and the border is red instead of turquoise.

http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/setpage ... anion.html

Also, here's some 2002 threads on the Talaran PBM game:
viewtopic.php?p=290&highlight=talaran#290

viewtopic.php?p=127&highlight=talaran#127

The image is reversed, Elmore's name is backwards in the lower right corner!
Thanks for the links, unfortunately not much there.  When I get time this week I'll scan a few pages, put them on photobucket and link them from here so everyone can get a look at this sucker.

Mike B.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:28 pm 

Badmike wrote:
ExTSR wrote:Useta play some NWN when it was on AOL; I think SSI did spin off the home-pooter version.

And they used MY artwork too. :/ (from Needle)

That Needle artwork pops up everywhere...IIRC it's also the cover for the sixth print (2nd edition) of Rogue's Gallery.

Mike B.

The 25th Anniversary D&D Intro box set even uses all the characters from I11 - essentially recycling the names and portraits and making them low-level characters.

Silver Anniversary Intro Set

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:39 am 

But... that's the big draw of all online games!

;)

WWW ICQ  
Previous