TSR database and collection manager ready
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:44 pm 

As I stated a few weeks ago, I have been working on a tool to archive TSR products and manage one's collection. Real work has pressed me more than I had hoped, so hobbies have been left behind a bit, however now a working, though preliminary, version is up and running.

Now I need a few testers. Just a handful, three-four will be enough. The testers' aid will be invaluable in:

* finding bugs/errors/oddities in the system;
* suggesting improvements, minor/major changes, and so on;
* general assistance and opinions ("this thing sucks!" is allowed).

The first one to show his interest was gkramer. Any other people willing to help? Any support will be appreciated.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:56 pm 

I am going through a career change and currently attending college full time in pursuit of a Database Management and Design Degree. I just finished up my first VB class and am fully versed in Excel. I would be more than happy to look it over and give any feedback. Since one of my professors and a handefull of fellow students are 1st/2nd AD&D players, I might be able to get them to look at it too.

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:02 pm 

How much time do you think the testing would require to be useful to you, guerret, and do you have any technical requirements (familiarity with VB, only uses IE, etc., etc.)?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:17 pm 

If it isn't LAN/WAN/SAN/whateverAN related, I'm about a typical user, I suppose. But I would be happy to test it for you.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:45 pm 

grodog wrote:How much time do you think the testing would require to be useful to you, guerret, and do you have any technical requirements (familiarity with VB, only uses IE, etc., etc.)?

Suggestions are welcome anytime, of course, and I will apply them when I have spare time. I'd say that a week or two would be sufficient, but I don't know if I will be able to undertake further development after this time, since I am about to move to the US; therefore, I believe the testing phase will end when I am ready for further work.

I don't require any technical knowledge, really. Especially NOT about Microsoft. The work is in PHP, so users will only see web pages. My aim is doing a system which is very user-friendly and handles any constraint, complexity and consistency transparently. If cows collected AD&D items, I'd want the system to be understandable by them, too. I also aim at doing a software suitable for all browsers, although I have NEVER tested it with Internet Explorer (I work under Linux).

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:48 am 

I'll be happy to test it for you.  Contact me off-forum at [email protected] when you're ready to move forward

Gary H. Kramer