Is anybody willing to receive a parcel for me?
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:51 pm 

Hey, UK (or Italy, or Aussie, etc., etc.) guys, if it's just the moving around of funds you need, I would always be willing to help out. And that includes going to the bank for a cashier's check or to the local 7-Eleven for a money order if your U.S. seller wouldn't take a personal check from me.

I would still require that the seller himself ship directly to you ... I mean, I don't usually ship internationally with my own auctions, so I'm not looking to start shipping other people's stuff, too. :)

But, trading PayPal money for a bank check, money order, or personal check — that I am more than happy to do.

I'll leave it as an open offer. Just let me know ...

[email protected]

+++++

edited to clarify a couple of points

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:33 am 

couldnt find marlith's original post, so will put it here.

originally, marl asked for an item to be mailed to someone in UK and then to the US, cos the postage marked on the UK auction was something absolutely ludicrous.

well i am posting this, aside from Marl's PM, as a kinda warning.

the item was mailed to me, in not the best wrapping i've ever seen. just in a jiffy, inside 1 sheet of brown wrapping paper. no stiff backing or anything like that. have no doubt at all, that if it wasnt mailed to my work, it would have been bent in half and put into the letter-box.

the postage on the label was £1.14 - normal 1st class UK postage with no insurance.

so this is just a warning for our US friends. be wary of situations like this and it may well be a good idea to use our small linked-group of contacts to arrange postage between ourselves.

i will re-pack the parcel and send it much better than the way it came to me thats for sure!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:47 am 

killjoy32 wrote:couldnt find marlith's original post, so will put it here.

originally, marl asked for an item to be mailed to someone in UK and then to the US, cos the postage marked on the UK auction was something absolutely ludicrous.

the item was mailed to me, in not the best wrapping i've ever seen. just in a jiffy, inside 1 sheet of brown wrapping paper. no stiff backing or anything like that. have no doubt at all, that if it wasnt mailed to my work, it would have been bent in half and put into the letter-box.

the postage on the label was £1.14 - normal 1st class UK postage with no insurance.

so this is just a warning for our US friends. be wary of situations like this and it may well be a good idea to use our small linked-group of contacts to arrange postage between ourselves.

i will re-pack the parcel and send it much better than the way it came to me thats for sure!

Al

Can only imagine what it would have been like if sent directly to the US - a crumpled up oragami like object stuffed into the mailbox.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:07 am 

killjoy32 wrote:couldnt find marlith's original post, so will put it here.

Al

Again thanks a million for helping me with this. The shipping cost was going to be £19 to send it to the US. I can only hope it would have been packaged better for an international shpping but you never know.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:09 am 

Plaag wrote:Can only imagine what it would have been like if sent directly to the US - a crumpled up oragami like object stuffed into the mailbox.

ShaneG.

well thats exactly why i posted it. especially with it being a pricey rare item like.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Previous