Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:48 pm 

Welcome Back! :D

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:54 pm 

improvstone wrote:
Let me get even more subtle on thread necromancy.

Take user: grem

acaeum.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewp ... &u=923

He supposedly has three posts from 2006.  Yet if you click on find all posts by grem none are found?

Take user: Robert Mammone

acaeum.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewp ... &u=835

He supposedly has 3 posts from 2006.  Yet if you click on find all posts then only 2 are found.

Mike those disappearing posts most likely are from the Claasifeids.  Foul deletes those threads after I think 2 or 3 months, but it does not subtract from your post total. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:05 pm 

ExTSR wrote:And Faro, I owe you a couple of things... unless you still want me to hold 'em awaiting your negotiations.
FM

He doesn't want them ... I will buy them  :lol:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:07 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Mike those disappearing posts most likely are from the Claasifeids.  Foul deletes those threads after I think 2 or 3 months, but it does not subtract from your post total. :wink:

Ahh that would make sense.  Although it leads to some interesting conclusions about how phpBB calculates posts.  Obviously the count is stored rather than being dynamically generated....

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:26 pm 

improvstone wrote:Obviously the count is stored rather than being dynamically generated....

Calculating your posts dynamically just seems like ... well maybe something Microsoft would do.  And yes, that probably means you can hack the forum and inflate your posts with the change of one simple number.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:32 pm 

bclarkie is correct.  The "missing" posts are from the Classifieds forum, which auto-prunes messages older than 90 days.  For whatever reason, phpBB doesn't adjust your post count for pruned messages.

Dynamically calculating the post count would slow page generation down dramatically.  I.e., not a good idea.

Foul

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:33 pm 

ExTSR wrote:And Faro, I owe you a couple of things... unless you still want me to hold 'em awaiting your negotiations.

FM

Great to hear from you, Frank. :D
Hoping things are well with y'all and the business.

Suspect I'm pretty much out of cash at present, unfortunately (that's what they all say, no?). Not sure whether I might've missed an email re. the most recent items you were floating our way since I don't recall any follow-up on that.

(Will admit I was trying my darnest to smoke you out with those clips re. GenCon & R2 ;))

=
Heh, and I edited out Bill from that previous post here in case he still wished that semi-anonymity-- very noticeably absent from the previous poll!

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:37 pm 

hi faro, assuming that i was the william you were referring to, it wasn`t that i was trying to keep under the radar, it was that i didn`t know the acaeum existed until 2 years ago. moreover i wasn`t an ebay fan, as i didn`t want to buy things i couldn`t see personally. so i was just going about my collecting business going to the gencon auctions for 27 years until i found out about this great assemblage. to answer your other question, i do have my collection on an excel spreadsheet. there are about 5000 different frp items listed (just paper products no minis )and about 1900 different magazines. i have a few thousand doubles all told (i`m sorting through them now). my wife and i just bought a house and we had 30 ft by 9 ft bookshelves built so everything can come out of the 230 legal boxes where everything has been stored. as soon as we are a little more organized i`ll send some pictures in. (as cool as it looks to me it`s still not half as cool as i.o.`s lair).

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:45 pm 

Hey Bill.  Good to see you are alive and well.

I would love to see your collection....   For the record if I had 5000 items I would also have to buy a new house  :lol:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:59 pm 

stratochamp wrote:hi faro, assuming that i was the william you were referring to, it wasn`t that i was trying to keep under the radar, it was that i didn`t know the acaeum existed until 2 years ago. moreover i wasn`t an ebay fan, as i didn`t want to buy things i couldn`t see personally. so i was just going about my collecting business going to the gencon auctions for 27 years until i found out about this great assemblage. to answer your other question, i do have my collection on an excel spreadsheet. there are about 5000 different frp items listed (just paper products no minis )and about 1900 different magazines. i have a few thousand doubles all told (i`m sorting through them now). my wife and i just bought a house and we had 30 ft by 9 ft bookshelves built so everything can come out of the 230 legal boxes where everything has been stored. as soon as we are a little more organized i`ll send some pictures in. (as cool as it looks to me it`s still not half as cool as i.o.`s lair).

Hi Bill

I imagine you will be at Gencon this year again, I look forward to the long friday night in about 6 or so months!!  See you there!! :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:02 pm 

stratochamp wrote:hi faro, assuming that i was the william you were referring to

*g*. No, that's dathon/VermilionFire. I anonymised "Not as well as Bill did, apparently!" to "...some other people".

Good to see you around, too, Bill! Getting closer to a full house here, now. :)

stratochamp wrote:, it wasn`t that i was trying to keep under the radar, it was that i didn`t know the acaeum existed until 2 years ago.

mhmm... Still caught me out, though, since that also applied to the likes of Aaron Leeder and several other names on the list.

Somehow you managed to avoid the spotlight even better than Frank. ;)

stratochamp wrote:my wife and i just bought a house and we had 30 ft by 9 ft bookshelves built so everything can come out of the 230 legal boxes where everything has been stored. as soon as we are a little more organized i`ll send some pictures in. (as cool as it looks to me it`s still not half as cool as i.o.`s lair).

Pics...? The answer is "yes, please"; just like it was last time. :D
IO sets an extremely high standard, I must admit - hopefully that ain't frightening anyone else off from sending theirs in.

'grats on the move, btw. ^^

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:28 pm 

thanks david (for multiple things). i`m very much looking forward to gencon, to meet you, to see the many mikes, blackmoor, gus, the burntwire brothers (hoping adrian makes it too) and any and all others from the acaeum including foul so that we could thank him face to face for the great site he has provided us. moreover tim kask was gracious enough to spend a goodly amount of time with mike (i.o. ) and i last year and he was a font of information (giving us amazing details about the copy of the dmg manuscript that mike outbid blackmoor and i on). and not to shortchange THE auctioneer, frank mentzer who has probably forgotten more about gaming than i know. it`s a great time, everybody should come....

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:37 pm 

stratochamp wrote:everybody should come....

Now if I can convince Rob to run a session who would like to join in ....?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:40 pm 

improvstone wrote:
stratochamp wrote: it`s a great time, everybody should come....

Now if I can convince Rob to run a session who would like to join in ....?

Maybe its time to get organized.  Maybe a new "Gencon, It's about time?" thread is in order.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:46 pm 

ExTSR wrote:Bah. What am I doing in this list? I only have a few things. (Okay, a thousand or three... usually two of each printing, one shrink one open, 'cause I'm a gamer.)

Stratochamp has one of the best high-quality RPG collections around.

Oh yeah, btw... bak.

And Faro, I owe you a couple of things... unless you still want me to hold 'em awaiting your negotiations.

FM

Hi Frank.  Nice to hear from you again!

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:55 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Maybe its time to get organized.  Maybe a new "Gencon, It's about time?" thread is in order.

I'll go this year if KingofPain will carry me piggyback from Dallas....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:56 pm 

Badmike wrote:

Mike B.

He will be the King of Pain if he does that  8O

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:02 am 

Badmike wrote:

Mike B.

I won't carry you but I will give you a swift, kick-in-the-ass every mile or so.  :D

PreviousNext