Poll: will you be buying one?

yes, already ordered 73%       73%  [ 30 ]
no, i dont want one 12%       12%  [ 5 ]
maybe...not decided as yet 15%       15%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 41

Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:26 am 

hey guys. just a side-issue relating to Rob's COSK.

thought i would run a poll to see how ppl are receiving this and kinda get some feedback if poss. as things are moving along n stuff.

what do y'all think? if you've not ordered one, is there a reason why? could anything be done to persuade you to etc etc?

Al

ps. if you use the poll, please post your feedback too....thanks!!

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:28 am 

i've started it off.

yes and will prb order a couple more copies too once i sort my finances out! :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:57 am 

hello
i am new to this site :D  but already spending money on collectables and playables of the future.this will be a nice edition to my collection. will probally order a spare copy to read and play with. :wink: (not a shink fan)
but no why people collect them.(not selling the few i got) :D

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:25 am 

Ordered 2, probably won't order more.
As for others in the series, well that depends on how this one turns out and hopefully I can see what all the other stuff looks like/is (certificates, runic copies)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:07 pm 

I've ordered one to play with.  I plan to rip off the shrink, get the cover really dog-eared and covered with coffee mug rings, and write notes inside in pen!

Pretty much like the rest of my collection, then.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:15 pm 

I ordered 3 and did the $30 pledge. I mentioned it at the table this week so I know there will at least be a couple more orders from those people.

As far as the shrink...well it's fate has been sealed, well un-sealed I should say :twisted: . I bought myself one and plan on handing off the other 2 to my sons.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:19 pm 

Lordan wrote:As far as the shrink...well it's fate has been sealed, well un-sealed I should say :twisted: . I bought myself one and plan on handing off the other 2 to my sons.

yeah i will be getting another two for pretty much the same thing - one to each of my daughters. nice item for them to mess about with (and hopefully read), though saskia, the youngest will colour everything in thats not coloured fully  8O  8O  :D but i think it will be fun.

and as for jess, the oldest, i think i will forgo reading it initlally, so she can DM it and we can all play it - i think that would be great :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:50 pm 

I ordered 2 and wish I could get the Green Dragon level but the wife was watching me like a hawk when I got the money order  :cry: .. God I love her but she refuses to understand that this important. Her exact words and I quote " Ok get the MO for you new little book". :evil: ..

Maraudar

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:57 pm 

Maraudar wrote:I ordered 2 and wish I could get the Green Dragon level but the wife was watching me like a hawk when I got the money order  :cry: .. God I love her but she refuses to understand that this important. Her exact words and I quote " Ok get the MO for you new little book". :evil: ..

Maraudar

simple solution to that...dont get married :)

i dont have that problem...trouble is, you go off the other end and go OTT :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:04 pm 

I'm the lone dissenting voice, apparently — the entire concept just doesn't do a thing for me. And I'm not a fanboy, so the "name" factor isn't enough for me to pony up anywhere near that kind of cash.

However — and this is a very important however — I understand that I'm in the minority, and I certainly don't want to spoil anyone's fun. A lot of folks here seem pretty excited about this item, and that's totally cool with me. I honestly hope it's everything you wish it to be.

But, hey, as long as someone started a poll, I figured I'd vote honestly ...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:08 pm 

otherworld wrote:I've ordered one to play with.  I plan to rip off the shrink, get the cover really dog-eared and covered with coffee mug rings, and write notes inside in pen!

Pretty much like the rest of my collection, then.

Bravo, Otherworld!

Must harp again:

Saddest lines on Ebay:

"RPG book....never used."

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:17 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:I'm the lone dissenting voice, apparently — the entire concept just doesn't do a thing for me. And I'm not a fanboy, so the "name" factor isn't enough for me to pony up anywhere near that kind of cash.

Hey ya Mr. X, I didn't realise $14.95 for a single copy was a lot of money to pony up :-)

I am curious why it is you have no interest in the product?  This question is asked from a marketing perspective rather than a having a go at you perpective  :wink:

I assume are a collector and enjoy the 1st ed stuff so I would have assumed you were a natural candidate for the product?  Or are my assumptions wrong?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:19 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:
Saddest lines on Ebay:

"RPG book....never used."

Mark   8)

Bit like seeing a guitar sitting on a wall in a HardRock Cafe never to be played ...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:20 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:But, hey, as long as someone started a poll, I figured I'd vote honestly ...

i have the utmost respect for someone who will stand there and be honest. nice one X.

that was the reason for doing this poll....to find things like this out.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:20 pm 

I ordered three.... I wanted 2 runic copies but they were out by the time I got my order in. Rather than muck about, I changed the order to 3 regular as it was about the same cost.

I fully understand Xaxaxe's view on the product - I never thought I'd buy any recent products myself. I figured it was enough of a task to get hold of the stuff produced between 1975-1985, without attempting to acquire the stuff produced later. But I bought a couple of the Goodman modules and was impressed - so I'm expecting the quality of Rob's modules to be at least on a par with the classics. Plus Rob's done a lot for the industry, so if buying a couple of modules now helps his enterprise get off the ground, then I'm all for it.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:32 pm 

Man, look at those early poll returns ... 21-1 in favor. This must have been what Barry Goldwater felt like in '64. :)

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:27 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Man, look at those early poll returns ... 21-1 in favor. This must have been what Barry Goldwater felt like in '64. :)

Ya but don't worry, B.G. never had  a bad-ass avatar  :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:44 pm 

I'm getting it but of course I'm hardly unbiased.

I hope you guys will buy Dark Druids, too.

Next