B4 The Lost City
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:56 am 

Were there any that were's hole punched, or were they all punched?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:00 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Were there any that were's hole punched, or were they all punched?

i know i have had a load that were holepunched but i have a copy that isnt. i used that one to play it with the group some time back, so i guess the answer is there are copies of both :)

Al

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:30 am 

Definitely both were produced. On a side note, was there a reason there were punched like for use in a TSR made 3 ring binder to be released or anything?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:32 am 

Lordan wrote: like for use in a TSR made 3 ring binder to be released or anything?

that would make sense wouldnt it? what other reason could there possibly be to do that to a module :)

Al

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:09 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
Lordan wrote: like for use in a TSR made 3 ring binder to be released or anything?

that would make sense wouldnt it? what other reason could there possibly be to do that to a module :)

Al

You'll do anything to get another post under the belt,  huh Al  :roll:  

But i was implying if they were punched for a "specific, to be released, binder" made by TSR that was never released ( idea scrapped, etc. ) so they went back to not punching them. Much like say a White Dwarf binder was made for a target product....was looking for maybe more of an interesting history than the obvious......  :wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:13 am 

Lordan wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:

Al

You'll do anything to get another post under the belt,  huh Al  :roll:  

But i was implying if they were punched for a "specific, to be released, binder" made by TSR that was never released ( idea scrapped, etc. ) so they went back to not punching them. Much like say a White Dwarf binder was made for a target product....was looking for maybe more of an interesting history than the obvious......  :wink:

hey! :D

if i wanted "just another post" i would just do a ":D" or a "LOL" and that would be that :)

did they ever release a binder for this purpose? i have no idea. i imagine they must have had this purpose in mind, cos i remember some of the basic books being punched in exactly the same manner.

Al

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:10 pm 

Lordan wrote:Definitely both were produced. On a side note, was there a reason there were punched like for use in a TSR made 3 ring binder to be released or anything?

They did release the binders or granted a license for them.  The company put out the three ring binder, the notebooks and the folios. There may have been more but those are the only items I am aware of.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:13 pm 

Marlith wrote:
Lordan wrote:Definitely both were produced. On a side note, was there a reason there were punched like for use in a TSR made 3 ring binder to be released or anything?

They did release the binders or granted a liscense for them.  The company put out the three ring binder, the notebooks and the folios. There may have been more but those are the only items I am aware of.

did they actually get released? what do they look like as i have never seen one....

can anyone direct me to a pic?

Al

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:44 pm 

Hey Al,
Check this thread. No pics but it has descriptions of the binders, notepads and folios.

viewtopic.php?t=3408&highlight=regis

Can anyone add to the list?

Mike

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:15 pm 

Marlith wrote:

They did release the binders or granted a license for them.  The company put out the three ring binder, the notebooks and the folios. There may have been more but those are the only items I am aware of.

I knew they released the Nuck ones, I just never thought they were "specifically targeted" for anything more than school supplies.

Now something more like the PHB "idol cover" that Mike has is interesting. I pictured something that would be used with the 3-holed mods to have like an index of the mods on the back etc...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:10 pm 

The Moldvay Basic and Expert rules are also three hole punched.  There must have been some reason for doing this, as it certainly doesn't help the aesthetics.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:35 pm 

I generally see more three holed B4s than any other.

There was a binder and folders. You see the folders come up more often than the binder. A binder did come up a few months ago and I fell asleep, literally, at the switch. It was a in a small 10 item lot half in the picture. The whole thing went for around $25 or so. I am still pissed.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:43 pm 

you always remember the ones that get away.  for five times as long as the ones you get :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!