Warriors of Mars
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:15 pm 

grodog wrote:Hmmm, so I guess I've somehow missed copies in my usual searches, then, since I don't recall seeing any copies sell for less than $350 for awhile now.

There have been only 3 in the last year that Irecall and I have been looking hard for one.  One was creepontheborderlands, one was the one Mike <mdr003> won and won Stephen won for $40.00 on a BIN.  I have only seen one go for more than $350.00 and that was COTB's and the only reason that it went that high was because of the shill bid that was placed.  Allan, do you know of any others that have gone for more than $350?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:04 am 

The ones I'm thinking of were probably about 1-2 years ago, Brian, so it's quite possible that my memory's off; in any event, what I do remember was copies going for $125-$180, then $300+ and then some hitting $450-ish.  Perhaps that was longer ago, and the prices have fallen??

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:25 pm 

I am betting this one goes for more than $350.  It doesnt look like mdpetric wants to lose this one.   8O  I dont know about the rest of you but it would be nice if there was a better pic of the darn thing.  Can't really tell due to the blurriness but it looks like there is rust on the staples.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:31 pm 

grodog wrote:going for $125-$180, then $300+ and then some hitting $450-ish.  Perhaps that was longer ago, and the prices have fallen??

lol

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:50 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
grodog wrote:Hmmm, so I guess I've somehow missed copies in my usual searches, then, since I don't recall seeing any copies sell for less than $350 for awhile now.

There have been only 3 in the last year that Irecall and I have been looking hard for one.  One was creepontheborderlands, one was the one Mike <mdr003> won and won Stephen won for $40.00 on a BIN.  I have only seen one go for more than $350.00 and that was COTB's and the only reason that it went that high was because of the shill bid that was placed.  Allan, do you know of any others that have gone for more than $350?

If I remember, Keep bought the previous Warriors of Mars on ebay.  The final auction price was around $200?  He then sold his "other" copy with the higher reserve.  

I'm hazy on this info, but it seems to strike a note of memory in the old brain . . .

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:18 pm 

Alright, no more penny ante, if you want to outbid me then be my guest but you will certainly be setting a new record for Warriors of Mars in the process.  
8)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:05 pm 

I'll need a day or two to contemplate that $400 point.  But on another note, I am riding a pretty good high and am all tingly inside.  I just bought a Fazzle locally for $50 :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:16 pm 

Mars wrote:I'll need a day or two to contemplate that $400 point.  But on another note, I am riding a pretty good high and am all tingly inside.  I just bought a Fazzle locally for $50 :)

I think I need to move to Canada. First deimos finds a Tsojconth for $2.50 and now you find a Fazzle for $50.  WTF is going on up there?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:16 pm 

Mars wrote:I'll need a day or two to contemplate that $400 point.  But on another note, I am riding a pretty good high and am all tingly inside.  I just bought a Fazzle locally for $50 :)

Nice pickup on the Fazzle.   :)

Just a tip that my bid is not just slightly over $400.   :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:26 pm 

Warriors of Mars?

Pssshaw!  I own eleven of them.  Damn nuisances if you ask me.  Always trying to organize arena battles and letting zoats loose under my bed!

God!  

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:33 pm 

Well, I am out. :(   I just cancelled what would have been my not enough snipe and I guess I will have to  move on to the next one. :?  William's high bid has been exposed in case anyone is still interested.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:08 pm 

bclarkie wrote:

I think I need to move to Canada. First deimos finds a Tsojconth for $2.50 and now you find a Fazzle for $50.  WTF is going on up there?

Very interesting, indeed.  (Might even be the same guy, who knows.)  Where didja find it, Mars?  :)

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:14 pm 

Well, no need for me to bid any further on this one now anyway.  I just purchased a NM one for what I was essentially willing to pay for this one.  Granted the price is actually sheer insanity  :? , my looking is now over. :)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:10 pm 

Lordy.... I thought I had paid over the odds 6 months ago at $240. Looks like I got it at half price.

I remembered the other book I received in the lot when I bought my WoM - the Barsoomian Battle Manual, barsoom miniatures rules by Heritage. A nice read if you can get hold of a copy.

Who did you acquire the WoM from Brian? I imagine there might be a few people looking at the current auction price and being tempted to sell.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:17 pm 

mdr003 wrote:Who did you acquire the WoM from Brian? I imagine there might be a few people looking at the current auction price and being tempted to sell.

Regards

Mike

I made a deal with the devil.  I bought it from Troll and Toad.  The copy they had listed looked awesome, actually much better than the one that is up right now.  I went back and forth a few times, but in the end I just said screw it. :?   The sad part is that I probably could get one cheaper if I wanted to wait, but I am pretty much fed up waiting to get one and the way things are going these days, I may even end up with a bargain in the long run.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:36 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Well, I am out. :(   I just cancelled what would have been my not enough snipe and I guess I will have to  move on to the next one. :?  William's high bid has been exposed in case anyone is still interested.

Nice shooting.   :wink:
I think there's a bunch of us who have been waiting on this item for a while and just want it already.  Evidently there's not too many of them out there.  $500 and a penny is where I top out on this item so if it stays at that I'll be a happy camper, and if it doesn't then I'll just have to wait for the next one.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:11 am 

As one of my old teachers said once there is never a dumb question to ask to here it is :?

Why is this item so desirable?

Is it good or is it just rare?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:16 am 

.............................................................................................WARRIORS OF MARS

PreviousNext