Favoite D&D movie that isn't a D&D movie
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:39 am 

Hey, I just watched Disney's Sleeping Beauty yesterday.  Very cool!  I had forgotten quite a lot, but Malificient is a very powerful evil Magic-user (she even can shape change into a Dragon!).  Her minions are pig-like humanoids (Orcs).  Aurora (the princess) has a continuous Animal friendship and commune with woodland creatures and she is in the care of 3 Fairy Godmothers (M-U's) with magic wands and her Prince is a Cavalier or Fighter.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:30 am 

That reminds me..Disney's Black Cauldron. Advertised when I was young, got me interesting in it, bought the book, then for years on end it never appeared. Later in life I learned it was never shown over here, but elsewhere it was. Man was I overjoyed when it came out something like 8 years ago. I was finally able to watch it, course now with a mind set for fantasy, etc..and it was great.
Oh and on a familiar vein (not a movie but TV cartoon series) Gummi Bears, now that was a fun show (and I still know the theme song) :oops:  :roll:

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:07 pm 

The Black Cauldron was rated PG and a first for Disney Animation. It was also a mess during production. Those were dark days for Disney. Still, it is one of my favorite Disney films. I think the PG rating is why it had release problems even though by today's standards PG was way over the top.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:51 pm 

"Zombie" movies are great inspiration for D&D and/or Gamma World...

Night of the Living Dead by George Romero
Dawn of the Dead by George Romero
Assault on Precinct 13 by John Carpenter (mindless street thugs but they might as well be zombies)
Omega Man starring Charlton Heston as the "Last Living Man"
28 Days Later
Shaun of the Dead

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:07 pm 

I love Omega Man - especially the first 30 minutes.

"Gasp as Charlton Heston drives like crazy around deserted cities, wow as he shoots his gun everywhere at imaginary enemies, shock as he goes bonkers believing himself to be the last man alive!"

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:30 pm 

I have read on the preface of the Elric Anthology I have bought on saturday that the Weitz brothers, from Universal have the project to create an adaptation of Elric.
It is from Moorcock himself, and date February 2006.

Does anybody have any information...And who are the Weitz brothers ?
Those who made the D&D movies... - the 2nd D&D movie didn't remain more than 1 week on the french screens...- maybe 2 in Paris...

Let's speculate about the actors...  :roll:

Previous