I love everybody on this site
Author

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:25 pm 

...and I am not just saying that because I have been drinking heavily (although i have, and probably should step away from the keyboard).  

Now, let's to ebay and do some serious bidding... :)

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:09 pm 

Don't worry, Steven, you'll get over it.

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:19 pm 

bombadil wrote:Don't worry, Steven, you'll get over it.

[true]

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:23 pm 

red_bus wrote:...and I am not just saying that because I have been drinking heavily (although i have, and probably should step away from the keyboard).  

Alcohol brings out the best in some people!   :lol:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:58 am 

red_bus wrote:...and I am not just saying that because I have been drinking heavily (although i have, and probably should step away from the keyboard).  

steady on now :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:31 am 

Your aren't in Tassie right now are you?  If so you would have a good reason for drinking!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:39 am 

:oops:

I blame it all on my friends, I was just set for a quiet night in, read a book, listen to music etc...  Off for a big late fried breakfast now, to make my stomach feel better.  :)

Let's go fly a kite

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:20 am 

i personally think he went and got sozzled due to the success of his MERP auctions on ebay :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 9:54 am 

It's good to know you are loved!  

Hey Red...congrats on the sales.  Not to bring up old wounds, but it looks to me like MERP items are still doing very well (even without my bidding on them).  :wink:

May Eru's light shine upon you always.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 10:06 am 

Nice one Steven!

Good to hear you've taken the sensible approach and are working on increasing the old alcohol tolerance .. an absolute necessity for students.

If Brentford make to the play-offs perhaps a pub crawl along the South Bank and a juke at your woody could be arranged (ooh er missus!!!!!).

PS all commitments to social contact involving copious amounts of alcohol are subject to consideration by the Mrs obiter verification committee whose findings may be subject to change at any time without notice

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:04 am 

Cheers.

The scene of the crime:
http://www.fancyapint.com/main_site/the ... b1531.html

I got talked into believing that getting hammered was the best thing for my sore throat & cold.  And you know, I think it has just done the trick.  :)

Brian you are more than welcome to pop over (subject to planning permisson of course).  As to MERP, yeah I think it is holding up OK.  Or maybe they just liked my Mondrian-esque auction background.  :)

Let's go fly a kite

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:32 am 

Looks like a fine place to tie one on.  The best thing they've got going for themselves is the fact they don't serve Tapas.  

Growing up in Wisconsin, I knew a guy who was an avid duck hunter.  He'd get up early on fall mornings, travel way out into the heart of the marshland, and sit all day waiting to shoot ducks.  Not my kind of thing, but he was an interesting guy.  We called him "Mort the Duck".  Anyway, he told me a story about having gone out to hunt one cold day despite coming down with an awful upper respiratory infection.  As the morning wore on, he became more and more ill.  Finally, he realized he had to trek back out to his car and get home to bed.  But by the time he started back, he was feeling feverish, shaky, weak, the whole thing.  And thirsty beyond belief.  He was damn near stumbling blindly through the cattails and marsh grass, afraid he wouldn't find his way out.  For some reason, it occurred to him that the only way to clear his senses would be to take a big drink of water.  Since he had none with him, he fought back his instincts and revulsion, and finally knelt down and took a long drink of the black swamp water he was hiking through.  It tasted like ass (so he says; I've never been there myself - neither the swamp nor the ass, that is).  He drank and drank, and had to fight back the urge to puke it back up.  Many years later, he told me he's never been the slightest bit ill since.

Let mirth prevail!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:00 pm 

Yeah they say that children nowadays play in places that are too clean (i.e. at home instead of out in the street/fields) - and that contact with dirt & germs etc.. actually helps your immune system.  Although marsh water probably has enough to last you a lifetime. 8O

Let's go fly a kite

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:21 pm 

bombadil wrote:Looks like a fine place to tie one on.  The best thing they've got going for themselves is the fact they don't serve Tapas.  

Growing up in Wisconsin, I knew a guy who was an avid duck hunter.  He'd get up early on fall mornings, travel way out into the heart of the marshland, and sit all day waiting to shoot ducks.  Not my kind of thing, but he was an interesting guy.  We called him "Mort the Duck".  Anyway, he told me a story about having gone out to hunt one cold day despite coming down with an awful upper respiratory infection.  As the morning wore on, he became more and more ill.  Finally, he realized he had to trek back out to his car and get home to bed.  But by the time he started back, he was feeling feverish, shaky, weak, the whole thing.  And thirsty beyond belief.  He was damn near stumbling blindly through the cattails and marsh grass, afraid he wouldn't find his way out.  For some reason, it occurred to him that the only way to clear his senses would be to take a big drink of water.  Since he had none with him, he fought back his instincts and revulsion, and finally knelt down and took a long drink of the black swamp water he was hiking through.  It tasted like ass (so he says; I've never been there myself - neither the swamp nor the ass, that is).  He drank and drank, and had to fight back the urge to puke it back up.  Many years later, he told me he's never been the slightest bit ill since.

My mother is a cajun and that entire side of the family is from the Louisiana swamps.  They said that when boys got to a certain age, they would go with their dads/older brothers and spend a night in the swamp hunting (didn't matter what, coon, bobcat, possum, whatever).  The result was about 10,000 mosquito bites all over the body from head to toe.  My mom said the boys would like like they had the chicken pox only worse.  However, a side effect was that the boys would NEVER be bothered by mosquito bites again.  They would very rarely ever be bitten by a mosquito ever again, and when they did it wouldn't itch or swell up.  Weird, but my uncle (my mom's older brother) verified this many times when asked!  
         Now with stuff like West Nile Virus and such I don't know if it's a good idea to do this nowadays, but as a race we have gotten a little wussified due to too many anti-bacterial washes, germ free soaps, sprays that protect you from every type of insect, etc.  No one is building up any sort of tolerance anymore to the outdoors, I'm going to start taking my grandson out camping as soon as he's old enough to get him accustomed to that and hopefully build up his immune system...

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:09 pm 

I spend the majority of the spring and summer in bogs, swamps, woods, and every other nasty place you could imagine. I eat food that is hours away from moving of its own volition, and I can't count how many times I've scraped mold off bread, cheese and veggies in order to eat them. I never use disinfectants (barely use soap), and I handle my twelve turtles, two cats and snake regularly without washing my hands.
I never get sick, other than pneumonia which is due to scarred lungs and is unavoidable. My doc told me he was amazed I haven't come down with plague or staph or some equally horrible disease, but I'm convinced it is due to exposure to these things. I've never coddled my 4 year old, and he has never had worse than an overnight fever. My wife is fairly stringent about germ killing and cleanliness, and she gets sick monthly.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:18 pm 

I live in the Wisconsin northwoods.

Within 5 miles of my house there's more lake and swamp than land.

Interestingly, the bugs don't bother me either, though I do have some mild allergies (pollens, the wrong animal hair, etc).

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 6:19 pm 

Great site by the way.  Has proved useful over the past couple of months. :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:28 pm 

"Bradley's Spanish Bar"

Somehow, Spain and beer just don't seem to mix in my mind.  It sounds like a place where extremely thin people serve drinks with unpronounceable names.   :D

"Yes, I'd like another Castilligone...this time with a twist of santiaginionie.  Si, si...bueno."
 :lol:

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Next