New Woodgrain listing on ebay
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:26 pm 

Has anyone ever seen such a bare bones listing of a Woodgrain OD&D on ebay or one that looks to be in such good shape. It appears that if this is real the seller has no idea what they are selling.

EDIT: Oops, I see I left the link out of my post, but it didn't take you all that long to find it. I do a thorough search everytime I go on ebay.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:37 pm 

Llaurenela wrote:Has anyone ever seen such a bare bones listing of a Woodgrain OD&D on ebay or one that looks to be in such good shape. It appears that if this is real the seller has no idea what they are selling.

What woodgrain box set?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:53 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dungeons-Dragons-Ru ... dZViewItem

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:53 pm 

Llaurenela wrote:Has anyone ever seen such a bare bones listing of a Woodgrain OD&D on ebay or one that looks to be in such good shape. It appears that if this is real the seller has no idea what they are selling.

YES!    :evil:

*grumble* *grumple*

Looks like the cats out of the bag...  I suppose a wood grain for $1.99 would be too much to ask.  

On the bright side, I can relax now that I don't have to worry about the auction being noticed.   :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:57 pm 

I have a feeling its a first, but I just sent in a query to the seller. Sorry, B.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:57 pm 

Red and white 20-sideds in plastic. Interesting...we were just talking about whether or not any of the OD&D sets came with dice. Still no proof (could have been added by the store or purchaser), but interesting.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:59 pm 

NetRodent wrote:

*grumble* *grumple*

Looks like the cats out of the bag...  I suppose a wood grain for $1.99 would be too much to ask.  

On the bright side, I can relax now that I don't have to worry about the auction being noticed.   :D

Damn you folks are fast.  I was about to throw in bid, but that ship has sailed.  Do we even know which printing this is, or do you not care at the current price?

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:01 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:
NetRodent wrote:

*grumble* *grumple*

Damn you folks are fast.  I was about to throw in bid, but that ship has sailed.  Do we even know which printing this is, or do you not care at the current price?

I threw in some bids and David just went nuts(He is obviously lurking).  :lol:    At this point though even if its a third printing, its still well within the price parameters. :wink:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:06 pm 

bclarkie wrote:At this point though even if its a third printing, its still well within the price parameters. :wink:

Really?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:11 pm 

faro wrote:
bclarkie wrote:At this point though even if its a third printing, its still well within the price parameters. :wink:

Really?

Are you disagreeing with that statement?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:12 pm 

Ok, time for the big question though:  Who saw it before it was hinted at here?  I have to admit I probably would have missed it.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:13 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Ok, time for the big question though:  Who saw it before it was hinted at here?  I have to admit I probably would have missed it.

I missed it until this thread. :)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:14 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
faro wrote:

Really?

Are you disagreeing with that statement?

;)

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:15 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Ok, time for the big question though:  Who saw it before it was hinted at here?  I have to admit I probably would have missed it.

Would have been doing well to have spotted it, since I was only on-line for about an hour, then out cold (not a fun week) until I awoke to find a copy of Domesday #13 for sale. :P

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:19 pm 

NetRodent wrote:

*grumble* *grumple*

Sorry about that, I didn't realize that you were a member here, I just saw that the auction would be ending when I was at work, so I wanted everyone here to know about it.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:21 pm 

Everytime I go online to ebay, I do a very thorough search, that is intended to find OD&D listings, even if things are badly mispelled or as in this case very low key.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:29 pm 

Llaurenela wrote:

Everytime I go online to ebay, I do a very thorough search, that is intended to find OD&D listings, even if things are badly mispelled or as in this case very low key.

Low key? That is perhaps the worst auction ever.  :) What is the deal with the huge spce between the auction listing and the picture.  Its almost like they wanted to end up in the "Fun Finds" thread.  That seller doesn't know it but they owe you big for that one. :wink:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:34 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Low key? That is perhaps the worst auction ever.  :) What is the deal with the huge spce between the auction listing and the picture.  Its almost like they wanted to end up in the "Fun Finds" thread.  That seller doesn't know it but they owe you big for that one. :wink:

Would've been found, but possibly under the "BIN'd" heading; in which case they owe ya big time.
Commiserations, netrodent; and good spot, y'both.

(I couldn't even find it on a surface trawl until I knew whose bids to search for).

Next