Rob J. Kuntz's CAIRN OF THE SKELETON KING update info
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:49 pm 

Deogolf wrote:Last I heard, it was over a hundred and sales were steady. Haven't talked to Rob in a couple of days though.

I would have thought it would be higher.
How long did it take for the limited edition copies to sell out?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:02 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
Deogolf wrote:Last I heard, it was over a hundred and sales were steady. Haven't talked to Rob in a couple of days though.

I would have thought it would be higher.
How long did it take for the limited edition copies to sell out?

The Runic copies went fast! So far the majority of the orders have been from the overseas crowd.   :D  For some reason, the US crowd has been a bit asleep at the wheel.  :?

Eulaliaaa!!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:10 am 

Deogolf wrote:The Runic copies went fast!

They seem to have gone within a few hours.

Deogolf wrote:For some reason, the US crowd has been a bit asleep at the wheel.  :?

They're all cheap skates. :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:30 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
Deogolf wrote:For some reason, the US crowd has been a bit asleep at the wheel.  :?

:P

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:35 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
Deogolf wrote:The Runic copies went fast!

They seem to have gone within a few hours.

yeah i got my mitts on a few runic's which i am ecstatic about. will prb get a normal copy so i can keep the other two as they are and read the other one and play it with the group (who wont have a clue what it is YAY)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:19 am 

I'm in.  Signed up for 2 copies.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:41 pm 

just to show how excited we are about Rob's new direction and product, we have advertised it on the front page of our site, which has a link to his product/stuff about him and the pruduct purchase details. we will keep updating that as often as Rob gives us details.

lets keep showing our support guys!

cheers

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 7:33 pm 

I've signed up for three copies - I emailed the same day as the original post to get two runic copies, but was too late (man they went fast). So I just converted to three regular.

Looking forward to the subscription being filled and production started...

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:33 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:

Yeah but we fast, bro.

In a year or three, when you're looking for copies #1 thru #5, just gimme a buzz...

:mrgreen:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:56 pm 

*chuckles*. Nice one!
Ah, but by then, Frank, there will be a whole conspiracy-theory cult built up around why the release announcement over here was made at something like 2.15am UK time. :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:19 am 

ExTSR wrote:In a year or three, when you're looking for copies #1 thru #5, just gimme a buzz...

And I thought there was no requesting or reserving of specific numbers when you pre-ordered. I must have read the e-mail wrong.  :oops:

I wonder if the list of sponsors will just be people's names, or whether there will be screen names/charater names in there from people who don't want their names printed; 'Lord Valor of the Sticks', 'Master Bobo', etc.  :D

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:00 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:And I thought there was no requesting or reserving of specific numbers when you pre-ordered. I must have read the e-mail wrong.  :oops:

First come, first served, IIRC.
Now, if only Frank was as quick off the mark with woodgrain BIN offers... ;)

mbassoc2003 wrote:I wonder if the list of sponsors will just be people's names, or whether there will be screen names/charater names in there from people who don't want their names printed; 'Lord Valor of the Sticks', 'Master Bobo', etc.  :D

:lol:

=
eh... only "140 copies" pre-ordered, at present, from what I read over on DF compared with the number of people who stated an interest. Maybe finances are low at present, or else people are hanging on to get the last numbered copies, too. :?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:15 am 

That's $2K.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:20 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:That's $2K.

+ $260 + any extras.

And printer and artists' costs to cover.

There ain't much money in that, really, but it certainly helps when people have the confidence to put in that lump sum in advance. :)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:22 am 

faro wrote:There ain't much money in that, really, but it certainly helps when people have the confidence to put in that lump sum in advance. :)

True.  Also the reason I asked about the details on the website ...

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:42 am 

I grabbed 3 and added the $30 to sponser. I figured 1 copy for me and a copy for each of my sons :) Plus Rob was nice enough to place  all our names ( me  & my boys ) in the listing which really got my sons thrilled that they would have their names in a D&D product.

This "pre-sale" stuff is a great idea and straight out of the pages of Marillion. They have been doing this ( pre-sale to fan base and then acknowledgement in the cd ) for the better part of a decade other bands have since followed their lead. In 1999 when they released marillion.com they had all those who "pre-ordered" send in a passport photo so they could design the interior sleeve with all the members pics.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:04 am 

I suspect a finished cover and a description of the adventure outline may attract a few more pre-sales. I think those who haven't pre-ordered will buy once the product is published and the reviews are posted.

And of course, there is then the option of selling signed numberred copies at conventions in the US, and placing them on eBay with a $14.95 Buy It Now. I don't see any of the usual resellers putting copies on eBay to compete with PPP in the short term.

At 500 copies, I suspect the first 300 eill be shifted this year, and the ballance will sell as back catalog on the back of future products. I would probably be inclined to buy additional investment stock once I have funds available, and I suspect I'm not the only one.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:48 am 

faro wrote:the release announcement over here was made at something like 2.15am UK time.

More like careful timing in your favor... isn't 2 am when the pubs close?

PreviousNext