Rob J. Kuntz's CAIRN OF THE SKELETON KING update info
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 21 of 28123 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 262728
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:36 pm 

*Waves Back At Al*

Yes, PPP will be selling these and the covers, the original MS and notes, originals maps, proofs, etc. to garner continuing operating capital.

There are plans for bringing some extremely interesting collectible items to the market and I want to make very sure that we have the appropriate funds to carry them through, as these will not be run-of-the-mill, knock-em-off, items.

Some of our product line will in fact tend towards a higher material quallity and we have been sampling different paper companies and printers who specialize in prints and lithographs.

More news on that as we get all of the facts and make our decisions.

RJK

"How now, varlet! said Ralibar Vooz..."  "Who are you that speak so churlishly to a magistrate of Commoriom and a cousin to King Homquat?"  C. A. Smith--The Seven Geases

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:38 pm 

The Robilar wrote:Hey Beyond the Breach!

I was inquring about that today, prepaid methods, but the person was not aware of the options and suggested I check everything out online.

I am examining more efficient ways of doing this so thanks for the suggestion!  :)

RJK

Postal employees are "often" clueless.  Sometimes you find one who knows their stuff, but . . . . even at the regular station I go to (and I have been there hundreds of times) , the ladies are very nice and fairly knowledgeable, but they have often referenced me as a source when attempting to answer questions for other customers.  As it's my business, I tend to know more about online shipping, click 'n ship, automatic label printing and (definitely) international shipping options than any one of them.

If you do auto-label printing, you will want a peel and stick label like this:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

(Note:  this particular seller's labels say for UPS shipping only in small letters, I imagine they have acquired a large amount . . . somehow . . . but I use them and the postal service doesn't care . . . of course.)

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:26 pm 

The Robilar wrote:I believe, Mark, that the only prize I would have for you at that point would be unreadable handwriting from autographing, addressing and recording all of the shipments!  :)  I've done a bit of adddressing in my time, for sure, but not this much in a while, so my right hand might get atrophied by the time this is finished!  ;)

RJK

Cool!  Since your right hand will be useless, you could toss it in as a prize!   :lol:

I can see it in my collection:  The Hand of Robilar   8O

OOOOO!  The Burntwire Brothers will be SO envious when I post the pictures! :twisted:

I can hardly wait!   :D

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:33 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:
Cool!  Since your right hand will be useless, you could toss it in as a prize!   :lol:

I can see it in my collection:  The Hand of Robilar   8O

OOOOO!  The Burntwire Brothers will be SO envious when I post the pictures! :twisted:

I can hardly wait!   :D

Mark   8)

what would it be worth? :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:34 pm 

Better than the Hand of Vecna! Robilar's right hand wielded a +3 sword, not a +3 pen!!  LOL!  But with his girdle he probably would have broken all of the nibs by now...

R

"How now, varlet! said Ralibar Vooz..."  "Who are you that speak so churlishly to a magistrate of Commoriom and a cousin to King Homquat?"  C. A. Smith--The Seven Geases

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:38 pm 

How much would it be worth?

Well, we should auction my hand when I die, then contact me via a seance and let me know... ;)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:40 pm 

Modenkainen's Ghostly Appendage?   :?

What sort of spells could I cast with it?  I hope it's locate object and knock.  I'm always losing my keys or locking myself out of the car.  Hey! I could wear the hand on a lanyard!    8O

Mark   8)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:45 pm 

The Robilar wrote:Better than the Hand of Vecna! Robilar's right hand wielded a +3 sword, not a +3 pen!!  LOL!  But with his girdle he probably would have broken all of the nibs by now...

R

yes, it could be called "Robilar's Hand of Mopping" :D

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:05 pm 

so what do you think of the pics?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:09 pm 

I was surprised at how good the interior art was...and how much of it.  The artwork also hints at a broader scope to Cairn of the Skeleton King than I first suspected.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:14 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:I was surprised at how good the interior art was...and how much of it.  The artwork also hints at a broader scope to Cairn of the Skeleton King than I first suspected.

well as Rob said, you won't be dissappointed!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:25 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:yes, it could be called "Robilar's Hand of Mopping" :D
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

What?  It's not a +3 backscratcher? :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:21 am 

grodog wrote:
What?  It's not a +3 backscratcher? :D

well of course that could be a side-effect couldnt it? :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:45 am 

Been working on my Rob Kuntz collection....

I'm into the Zagyg project.

I got Tower Chaos from the original Maze of Zayene.

I got the hardcopy of Dark Druids today.

I got one of the other Maze of Zayene modules from Necromancer today.

I got Sir Robilar's City of Brass

I got Maure Castle in Dungeon magazine.  (Mauve Castle?)

And I have Cairn of the Skeleton King coming with Rob's own desicated hand.

Cool.

Mark   8)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:04 am 

MShipley88 wrote:Been working on my Rob Kuntz collection....

I'm into the Zagyg project.

I got Tower Chaos from the original Maze of Zayene.

I got the hardcopy of Dark Druids today.

I got one of the other Maze of Zayene modules from Necromancer today.

I got Sir Robilar's City of Brass

I got Maure Castle in Dungeon magazine.  (Mauve Castle?)

And I have Cairn of the Skeleton King coming with Rob's own desicated hand.

Cool.

Mark   8)

plenty to go yet my friend :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:35 am 

MShipley88 wrote:I got Tower Chaos from the original Maze of Zayene.

Speaking of MOZ, I think Rob still has some signed and numbered copies of The Eight Kings D20 version remaining (I have #2 :)) if you're interested.

Rob, if you're reading this, perhaps we should put up a page on the PPP web site about the module? You might sell it better if it's advertised. ;)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:56 am 

Geez, I had forgoten about these as I am about other things!  Yes, indeed, there are a limited amount of signed and numbered M4 (d20) That's "The Eight Kings published by Different Worlds (Tadashi Ehara) available.

Let us post these furst as they are in a box somewhere around here and have been lost in the shuffle...

RJK

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:46 am 

alrighty then!

just letting y'all know that my 2 CotSK's arrived this morning woooooohoooooooooo! :)

in case anyone out there hasnt got one yet, i thought i would do a sorta little-review. i am not very good at these things - mark should do this, cos he is excellent at it.

opening the package, i dug out the 2 mods.... nice runic copies and one got opened *gasp* - what the hell :) always stated my support was for Rob and not what the value of the item might be at some point in the future...

anyway...

initial reaction - fantastic! takes me way back to when i first bought my Q1 and i was brimming with excitement. cover looks brilliant, looking at the back - again superb - gives you a nice rundown of future releases and a sneak at the cover of Tower of Blood - great idea imo.

cover is detached from the inner module - always like that - hate it when its attached - right royal pain.

maps are nice and clear and very easy to follow.

the print in the module nice and clear and easy to read - my name is on the list, which rocks of course :)

now the module itself - while in work *cough* i read it twice :D i really like the monsters. well thought out. i am not going to spoil any particular things in the module for anyone here, just a slight oversight of it if you will.
i like the flow of the module and it certainly has the feel of running a sort of B4 kind of module. plenty going on and plenty as a DM for you to play around with too. its designed in the way Q1 was written. you get sorta-rough flow of the scene and as a DM you make it your own. i always like these kinda modules, i hate it when everything is there for you as it doesnt allow you to be creative in your own way. i found myself looking back to illustrations a number of times - they are great and they really get the imagination going when reading the module too.

the pictures i provided for everyone to see, slot into the module very well and i like them a lot. for me, reading a module, you always need something visual for you to make it your own in your mind. i think Rob and the team have got it spot on here, i really do. the art for me most certainly takes me back to all my fave modules.

the module itself does have a good flow to it and there are places where you could most certainly add things of your own and expand here and there without affecting the whole scenario one bit, again i like that.

make no mistake tho, as a player, this is a tough one but not unbeatable. it is well thought out and 100% for creativity.

will it work? you betcha.

what didnt i like...well there was one thing. there is something about the text layout i dont particularly like. this isnt a fault as such...just that if i look for something quick in say one encounter i cant read it as quick as i would like. maybe a bold text or a box for this bit or that, to kinda break it up a little. nothing that cant be sorted with say a highlighter or something like that in advance of playing the module though. barring this, i think the module is perfect and buying it, i am not one bit dissappointed at all.

only other thing of course, and there really isnt anything anyone could do about this, is that it isnt AD&D with all the normal codes that one is used to. reading Rob's index is cool and everything you need to know and understand is there, so thats cool, but this would have been the Dogs B's if it was a classic AD&D 1E release. barring that, it really does the job for me!

i have advocated this all along and supported Rob all the way. i am very pleased to be a part of this release (in a very tiny way) and i hope everyone will check it out. i dont say this because i am a stout supporter, i say this as a guy interested in good quality RPG material. this is that and you would be missing out on something really cool if you didnt at least check it out.

so rating it say 1-10, 1 being sh*t and 10 being perfect, this gets an 8 from me. the layout of the text and the fact that its not classic AD&D in the terms of keys and copyrights etc (just me being a sap!), is the only reason i dont give it a 10.

artwork gets a 14. stunning stuff and a fantastic job in capturing the perfect images for the adventure. the demon on the bodies is my fave - superb!

well done Rob....look forward to Tower of Blood now!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 21 of 28123 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 262728