Rob J. Kuntz's CAIRN OF THE SKELETON KING update info
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 19 of 28123 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 262728
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:27 am 

Against my better judgement, I am going to post in this thread again.  :?

Now I can't speak for anyone else on this, but my posts in this thread are not trying to change what has already happened and they are not trying to somehow garnish some sort of special treatment now or in the future.  My whole point in this thing is to try to change the process in the future(if there is one, I hope there is  :) ).   The system as it is set currently is open to exploitation. Whether or not that has occured in this circumstance, I do not have any idea.  I am not critizing Rob or anyone else for that matter in regards to this is issue, I am simply trying to relay the fact that if this whole in the system isn't fixed, sooner or later there is most likely going to be a big problem.

As far as what happened with CotSK the last time, I was unaware of who got what, becasue as far as I knew it was never listed as to who got what. If I would have been aware of how things went down last time, I would have brought this up at that point.

For me, if this issue was simply a matter of me being pissed because I didn't get in on a Runic copy, that issue would have been resolved for me 2 days ago, as some offered to give me one.

So to reiterate, I am trying to change the past, I am not trying to screw over the people who got in on the Runic copies this time, I am only hoping to fix the system for the future.  :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:29 pm 

I have to say that I have understood BC's posts all the way through. He was only intending to raise a discussion with a view to seeing if different sponsorship systems were viable and more appropriate. Besides, with the third module, maybe a company needs to assess whether different marketing strategies are more appropriate to their growing customer base.

I do believe FM's comments (and I'm sure his experience lend them due weight) should have been addressed directly to Rob, in a private manner, and not aired so publicly. It seems to have been that that turned this otherwise lively discussion into an unpleasant experience for a lot of us.

That said, the discussion forum is meant to be a place of free speech. I don't question FM's right to make his comment heard, only his judgement in doing so.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:13 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I have to say that I have understood BC's posts all the way through. He was only intending to raise a discussion with a view to seeing if different sponsorship systems were viable and more appropriate. Besides, with the third module, maybe a company needs to assess whether different marketing strategies are more appropriate to their growing customer base.

I do believe FM's comments, and I'm sure his experience lend them due weight, should have been addressed directly to Rob in a private manner, and not aired so publicly. It seems to have been that that turned this otherwise lively discussion into an unpleasant experience for a lot of us.

That said, the discussion forum is meant to be a place of free speech. I don't question FM's right to make his comment heard, only his judgement in doing so.

Amen.

Eulaliaaa!!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:46 pm 

And...of course...there is the larger question:

Has anyone gotten a copy of Cairn of the Skeleton King in the mail yet, and how do you like it?

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:23 am 

i start mailing them tomorrow, Mark, and then over the rest of the week, prolly finishing by thursday as there is a lot of packing to do, so it will be a week-ten days for some folks, especially those from overseas.

I am quite sure that everyone will enjoy the quality in all phases that the product went through and thus represents.

RJK

"How now, varlet! said Ralibar Vooz..."  "Who are you that speak so churlishly to a magistrate of Commoriom and a cousin to King Homquat?"  C. A. Smith--The Seven Geases

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:18 am 

Can you post a photo?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:18 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Can you post a photo?

How about this....

http://cgi.ebay.com/AD-D-CAS1-Cairn-of- ... dZViewItem

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:29 am 

Marlith wrote:

How about this....

** expired/removed eBay auction **

yup thats it.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:15 am 

Looks fairly awesome. ;)

Deogolf, why don't you send me a picture of that so I can post it to the web site?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:06 am 

dcas wrote:Looks fairly awesome. ;)

Deogolf, why don't you send me a picture of that so I can post it to the web site?

Will do!   :D

I think I still have your email address... :oops:

Eulaliaaa!!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:09 am 

Deogolf wrote:Will do!   :D

I think I still have your email address... :oops:

I have three separate ones for you; I don't know which is current.  :oops:

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:05 pm 

Well, that certainly was entertaining.  The reselling has apparently begun, and I look forward to adding "-cairn" to my searches.  This thing is less "collectible" than B2, folks.  :roll:

YIM  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:07 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:Well, that certainly was entertaining.  The reselling has apparently begun, and I look forward to adding "-cairn" to my searches.  This thing is less "collectible" than B2, folks.  :roll:

I don't think it's reselling. I think it's selling of copies from the original print that didn't sell through the sponsorships or subsequently through the web site. Look at the "buy it now" price.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:19 pm 

This has been posted on EBAY at my suggestion to gather more fuel for PPP's selling thrust.  It is not reselling but the proceeds come directly to PPP from these sales.

RJK

"How now, varlet! said Ralibar Vooz..."  "Who are you that speak so churlishly to a magistrate of Commoriom and a cousin to King Homquat?"  C. A. Smith--The Seven Geases

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:32 pm 

eBay is a great way to bolster sales for those of us without huge marketing departments to back us up.  I publish my novels through a smaller publisher (Five Star, an imprint of Tomson/Gale), and most of the novels' marketing comes straight from Yours Truly.  Yes, Five Star sees that we receive reviews in Publisher's Weekly, and my Erin O'Rourke novels have been placed in libraries throughout the country, but I still find myself ringing my bell and tooting my horn, trying to scare up more sales.

Along these same lines, I plan on promoting Tower of Blood every chance I get, through my websites, mailing lists, and word of mouth.  I'm glad that eBay is out there, providing us with such a terrific outlet for our wares.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:35 pm 

I think that there was a slight misunderstanding in the post by deimos.  I don't think that he realized that the mosuel was being sold on behalf of PPP. I am sure when he pops in again he will realize that and post an appology for not reaing that. :)

BTW Rob,  How many of the first run of 500 do you have left?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:40 pm 

Hi Brian.

A little less than 200 remain, but I have not done a final count yet which will be accomplished after all the sponsor mailings, review copies, comp copies, etc. are sent out.

Now, back to packaging...

RJK

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:41 pm 

The Robilar wrote:Hi Brian.

A little less than 200 remain, but I have not done a final count yet which will be accomplished after all the sponsor mailings, review copies, comp copies, etc. are sent out.

Now, back to packaging...

RJK

Ok cool, thanks.  Good Luck on the packaging. :wink:

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 19 of 28123 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 262728