Rob J. Kuntz's CAIRN OF THE SKELETON KING update info
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 17 of 28123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 262728
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:11 pm 

That's a great idea Frank.  I'll make sure to tell everyone that supported PPP that they will get preferential treatment--let's see, 150 supporters.  I suppose that leaves me with 26 Runics mnused out and 124 preferential tretments certificates to issue along with...?.

Hogwash.

This is all sour grapes, no hearing check needed for that.

Finished with this.

RJK

"How now, varlet! said Ralibar Vooz..."  "Who are you that speak so churlishly to a magistrate of Commoriom and a cousin to King Homquat?"  C. A. Smith--The Seven Geases

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:11 pm 

bclarkie wrote:The only thing that I am trying to point out is that the system as it stands right now can be exploited by people who don't give a rats rear-end about you or anyone else in this hobby for that matter.

Obligatory proof of Master Level GM certification required? :)

Better get those 3.5e manuals out... ^^

=
[ed.] Meh... 15 seconds earlier would've been better.

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:20 pm 

faro wrote:Obligatory proof of Master Level GM certification required? :)

Better get those 3.5e manuals out... ^^

=
[ed.] 15 seconds earlier would've been better.

Sorry David, I usually understand what you are driving at, but you have got me lost here. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:30 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Sorry David, I usually understand what you are driving at, but you have got me lost here. :)

If you know how to figure out whether prospective buyers "give a rats rear-end" or not about the hobby or authors, let me know.

Hey, at least the RPGA's official. ;)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:38 pm 

faro wrote:If you know how to figure out whether prospective buyers "give a rats rear-end" or not about the hobby or authors, let me know.

Hey, at least the RPGA's official. ;)

Thats why a limitation of 1 or 2 per buyer should prevent trying to figure who does and who doesn't. :)   Obviously nothing is fool proof, but it would take a lot more work on the prospective buyers part to try and beat the system to get more than one or two.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:38 pm 

Whatever, I give up.  There is nothing that I can say that will be right anyway.............

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:43 pm 

I don't like the turn this strand took.  :(

I want Rob's business to prosper, and to have fun helping it.   That's all.  

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:50 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:I want Rob's business to prosper, and to have fun helping it.   That's all.  

Mark   8)

thats about the first thing i have seen that i have agreed with here.

well said mark - total thumbs up.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:51 pm 

I think I will take my objectivity someplace else.....

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:19 pm 

I have been reading this thread and would agree that limiting the number of runic copies would be good and I think the best way would be to offer them as package deals.

Package 1:  3 normal copies + 1 runic copy + $15 support
Package 2:  4 normal copies + 2 runic copies + $25 support

I think by spreading it out a bit you could also ask for a bit more support as priced into the above packages.

One question I do have though, is how was the release of ToB different from CotSK?  People were able to buy 5 runic copies of CotSK were they not?  The imminent release of ToB was posted 3 days prior to the actual release.  So why is it that this release has caused so much of a stir?

Also, was a list of who got the runic copies posted for CotSK?  I really would like to trade a runic ToB for a runic CotSK.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:26 pm 

Mars wrote:Package 1:  3 normal copies + 1 runic copy + $15 support
Package 2:  4 normal copies + 2 runic copies + $25 support

Sounds do-able.

Mars wrote:One question I do have though, is how was the release of ToB different from CotSK?  People were able to buy 5 runic copies of CotSK were they not?  The imminent release of ToB was posted 3 days prior to the actual release.  So why is it that this release has caused so much of a stir?

Fair point.

Mars wrote:Also, was a list of who got the runic copies posted for CotSK?  I really would like to trade a runic ToB for a runic CotSK.

Well, if you look at the sponsor list and work through it, sooner or later you'll reach the start of those who didn't get Runic copies. And as Alan has said he has one ordered, ir's a fair bet all those before him also have one, so the list might end somewhere after him on the list. That's just a guess BTW.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:39 pm 

ExTSR wrote:The preorder for ToB should have come hard on the heels of the arrival of CoSK, not while it's still vapor.

That's exactly when it did come. I posted the TOB sponsorship to the web site after Cairn of the Skeleton King came back from the printer, at Rob's direction.

So now other collector/investors have bought up all the runics & numbered copies for stockpiling, and Rob's system allows for and even encourages that.

The "runics" are gone but there are plenty of numbered copies remaining. This edition of TOB is 500, each of which is numbered, and as well as it has sold I'm sure it hasn't sold out yet.

Hope I'm not just adding fuel to the fire. :?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:53 pm 

dcas wrote:Hope I'm not just adding fuel to the fire.

Nah; the fire's burned out. As Rob said, he's "Finished with this".

I've had my say and made my criticisms and suggestions. Rob has responded by blaming Grodog and jeering at me. So that's that.

I'm off to GenCon. cya in 10 days or so.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:00 pm 

I am sure that if there is a demand for anything PPP published, it will be republished. The signed/numberred issues are ourely there to encourage people to put their money up front. They are not meant for the newbie or the casual player who comes in late. If there happens to be numberred copies that weren't presold, then someone gets lucky.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:15 pm 

When Frank speaks it's "noteworthy," when I contend with his assertions it's "jeering".  Hmm.

I didn't blame Grodog for anything--merely stated that he said that the Runics would add value to the works as published.  I am starting to wonder if that is true, that's all.

Say Frank, have a great time sat GENCON and say hi to Erik Mona for me!!

Rob (the Jeerer)

"How now, varlet! said Ralibar Vooz..."  "Who are you that speak so churlishly to a magistrate of Commoriom and a cousin to King Homquat?"  C. A. Smith--The Seven Geases

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:46 pm 

Perhaps printing any limited editions, runic copies or whatever should just be abandoned.  This reminds of the gold foil, silver foil limited comics nonsense that help destroy the comic industry in the 90's.

Promotional copies (such as the DCC goodman games ones) are ok!  They attract people to there booth at shows and help promote the line and meet the creators.

This different tiered promotional gimmick just fuels speculation, not gaming.  Think about it.

I will buy the mass market stuff to game with, but I wil never ever support this type market gimmick.

Be gentle :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:06 am 

You know, I'm no longer sure what this debate is really about, but I feel the strange compulsion to start yelling "Mom! Dad! Stop fighting!"  Must be a child-of-the-Seventies thing.

WWW ICQ  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:34 am 

Contrarian wrote:You know, I'm no longer sure what this debate is really about, but I feel the strange compulsion to start yelling "Mom! Dad! Stop fighting!"  Must be a child-of-the-Seventies thing.

:lol:

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 17 of 28123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 262728