Rob J. Kuntz's CAIRN OF THE SKELETON KING update info
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 16 of 28123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 262728
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:51 am 

dbartman wrote:
Interesting point.  There is nothing to prevent that.  And nothing wrong with it either.  It would be unfortunate though.

Bottom line, I'm happy to sponsor Rob's endeavors.  Just trying to offer some constructive input!

hey DB

well i guess if someone bought a lot of them, then if the reason was that they were going to get them as an investment, well thats their decision at the end of the day. what they choose to do with them is up to them really isnt it. this is that age old argument of collector v investor. i am a bit of both, but there are some things i just get to collect and thats that. this is one of them. i dont buy more than i need. the runics are to collect and i will get a normal copy to read and play.

i have offered 1 of my runics to someone as a kind gesture, but the offer was graciously declined.

i think Robs attitude to it all in the end, is first-come, first-served. nothing wrong with that at all.

one thing re the PPP site is that i and others live in the UK. normally when there is a notification, it is at an un-sociable hour and we are normally last, but we all knew this was coming and so primed things ready for it.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:02 pm 

I just wanted to point out the obvious, that unless Rob or someone in his organization reads here then, all the concerns expressed are just venting and if that is what is desired then ok. If there are serious concerns then someone will want to make Rob aware of these by either directing them here, to read the messages or by relaying the information. In the end though you can't expect to regulate the behaviour of others. Let me say that I am pointing this out not against any individuals or saying it in a negative fashion...we have people with multiple copies of items that cost thousands of dollars each or in some cases only  high hundreds of dollars each....how can you expect to them not buy up limited quantity items that are sub $30 each.

If you have any hope to get the situation where more people can have the "ultra-rare","chase" modules then someone needs to try and change it at the source. For the record I want to say this is not against Rob. I have not cared to order one of the "super limited' edition copies in either module now, but if things aren't resolved to your satisfaction I will again point out that in a retail situation your most powerful voice is not being a participant in the transaction and then taking your business to their competitors. It of couse goes with out saying...but I will...you can not then feed the other side of the transaction by buying what you could not get originally from who has become the middleman.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:06 pm 

well you are quite welcome to go over to the PPP site, which has a forum too and voice these concerns there too.

Rob is always open to suggestions, so thats the best way to make him aware of them.

i have e-mailed him and discussed the matter on the phone too. he is more than aware of this debate.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:15 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:well you are quite welcome to go over to the PPP site, which has a forum too and voice these concerns there too.

Rob is always open to suggestions, so thats the best way to make him aware of them.

i have e-mailed him and discussed the matter on the phone too. he is more than aware of this debate.

Al

I have no concerns. I was just adding my $.02 and killing time...because I have no life  :lol: ...posting here. Glad to here Rob is aware of the concerns though. I would like to see the line continue...maybe someday I can get one of the Runic copies  :twisted:  -jk

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:16 pm 

I only have 2 as well.  I am also not on the list because someone on the list ordered 5 but really only wanted 2 so 3 became available and I was next in line.  Thanks btw!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:26 pm 

RJK or one of the other collaborators in the PPP publishing empire do monitor this board. They are more than aware that a large portion of the pre-order money resides here. I am sure they will give due consideration to peoples comments.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:55 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:RJK or one of the other collaborators in the PPP publishing empire do monitor this board. They are more than aware that a large portion of the pre-order money resides here. I am sure they will give due consideration to peoples comments.

How right you are!!  :D  Rob and I will be assembling a bunch of orders tomorrow for all of you. This has been a concern of mine also. I'm all for one or two runic copies per person. Spread the happiness and wealth for everyone interested! I'll be pestering him on this topic to be sure!

By the way, I don't have runic copies of either one.

Eulaliaaa!!!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:00 pm 

I'm in a minority here, obviously.

I preordered & prepaid for 5 CoSK to support Rob's new endeavor.

But I've seen nothing so far. No contact, except a request for even more money. No emailed thank-you, not even a form letter. (I have investors in my two companies. This isn't how you treat investors.)

And now I'm in the midst of major activity, heading to GenCon.
And ToB is being co-authored; it's not pure Kuntz.

The preorder for ToB should have come hard on the heels of the arrival of CoSK, not while it's still vapor. The timing sucks. The planning sucks. The treatment of investors sucks.

So I'm not in on the second release at all. Not even one.

As one of the earliest supporters of CoSK, I expected to get a chance for an early buy-in on ToB, prenotification perhaps. I could and would have put another hundred or two into Rob's pot. But since I'm busy and wasn't checking my email each hour of each day, I missed out on this one entirely. So now other collector/investors have bought up all the runics & numbered copies for stockpiling, and Rob's system allows for and even encourages that.

Since I wasn't worth the consideration of Pied Piper, my support isn't worth my consideration either. I'm out.

::shrug::

IF I like CoSK, I'll probably buy one ToB. Perhaps.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:17 pm 

ExTSR wrote:I'm in a minority here, obviously.

But I've seen nothing so far. No contact, except a request for even more money. No emailed thank-you, not even a form letter. (I have investors in my two companies. This isn't how you treat investors.)

The preorder for ToB should have come hard on the heels of the arrival of CoSK, not while it's still vapor. The timing sucks. The planning sucks. The treatment of investors sucks.

As one of the earliest supporters of CoSK, I expected to get a chance for an early buy-in on ToB, prenotification perhaps. I could and would have put another hundred or two into Rob's pot. But since I'm busy and wasn't checking my email each hour of each day, I missed out on this one entirely. So now other collector/investors have bought up all the runics & numbered copies for stockpiling, and Rob's system allows for and even encourages that.

Since I wasn't worth the consideration of Pied Piper, my support isn't worth my consideration either. I'm out.

It's an issue you should contact Rob about!

Eulaliaaa!!!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:43 pm 

Deogolf wrote:It's an issue you should contact Rob about!

You have it backwards, sir.

It's an issue that Rob (or his business manager) should contact his investor/supporters about.

And it's none of my business how Rob chooses to handle his investors. I have my own businesses to worry about.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:53 pm 

ExTSR wrote:I'm in a minority here, obviously.

ExTSR wrote:

It's an issue that Rob (or his business manager) should contact his investor/supporters about.

And it's none of my business how Rob chooses to handle his investors. I have my own businesses to worry about.

Well, I agree with you Frank and to be 100% honest, I do not think that you are in the minority.  If I had to guess you are part of a large, yet until this point silent majority. :)

BTW, Have you ever considered writing something new and selling it yourself. I am pretty sure that the cummunity at large would also heavily support it to make it worth your time. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:29 pm 

ExTSR wrote:

Considering your clout, it wouldn't hurt to give him a jingle.  :D  
I'm not his business manager, but I'll definitely give him the low down tomorrow when we process the orders for shipping!!

Here's the email to voice your opinion! [email protected]

Eulaliaaa!!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:40 pm 

am actually finding it really hard to come out with some words here.

i just hope that one day, i will be so good at everything that i can fill the same boots that y'all do.

cut the guy some slack for gods sake, and give him a chance to iron out the kinks. nobody is perfect and everyone has a different vision on how things are done.

ah feck it i cant be arsed listening to this anymore.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:46 pm 

Jeez, Frank, Vaporware?

The ill-favored commentray is just a little heavy isn't it? I am in the middle of packaging CotSK orders as we chat here.

Everyone got the email at the same time, or within a few minutes of me announcing the drive for ToB; and I have shown no favoratism.  I cannot track people's lives or all 150 previous supporters for that matter to know when the best time to email everything should occur.

And if folks would rather not order speciific copies until they see the first, then that's OK too.

I have nothing but respect for my fans and for the generous supporters and I do not think that starting a sponsor drive for ToB in any way minimizes that.

If this is about the numbered copies, hell, I'll send you author copies instead.  Just don't see why there is such a negative reaction as you've put forth.

Rob

"How now, varlet! said Ralibar Vooz..."  "Who are you that speak so churlishly to a magistrate of Commoriom and a cousin to King Homquat?"  C. A. Smith--The Seven Geases

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:01 pm 

Did anyone gripe when Frank nabbed #1-5 or Paul Stormberg got A-E?

Not that I know of--it was all timing, Paul, who is usually not online, was on and jumped on the timing, so did Frank.  And Frank, I sent you a thank you email right after that and informed you of the numbers.

Jeez, Folks should lighten up a bit, I feel, but I blame the runic stuff of Allan Grohe, who thought it would be a good idea.  Maybe I was wrong and will have to reconsider how to retool this or perhaps suspend the runics so there is not such a rampant reaction as I've seen.  That was not the intention. of course.

Peace.

RJk

"How now, varlet! said Ralibar Vooz..."  "Who are you that speak so churlishly to a magistrate of Commoriom and a cousin to King Homquat?"  C. A. Smith--The Seven Geases

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:13 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:am actually finding it really hard to come out with some words here.

i just hope that one day, i will be so good at everything that i can fill the same boots that y'all do.

cut the guy some slack for gods sake, and give him a chance to iron out the kinks. nobody is perfect and everyone has a different vision on how things are done.

ah feck it i cant be arsed listening to this anymore.

Al

Al, I am not criticizing Rob at all.  In this circumstance what is done is done.  The thing that bothers me is that there are people out there, who if they haven't yet are most certainly going to take advantage of the system the way it is and the folks who end up losing out are two fold. First off you have collectors who have a ton of interest.  Secondly Rob in the long run will end up losing out as well because first off someone can and will be profiteering off of his products and also this same profiteering that will be occuring, will come at the expense of the people the Rob is looking to reach out to.  These same people who are ending up being screwed in the process are also less likely to participate the next time around and if that is the case everyone loses.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:17 pm 

Robilar wrote:Jeez, Folks should lighten up a bit, I feel, but I blame the runic stuff of Allan Grohe, who thought it would be a good idea.

Eh... I'd better take some of the flak, too, in that case, following my original DF  post. :?
It did seem like a good idea in this context; and I know it can, and does, work elsewhere) to help boost the initial cashflow and increase the chance of a successful launch. All in favor of that, of course...

Re-tooling, phps; dunno... Various suggestions above, anyhow.

=
(@Brian: I don't think /anyone/ can stop people "profiteering" of what others have created.
Or do people donate an extra 10% of the purchase price to the original authors when they buy a woodgrain or ltd. DCC, say?).

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:24 pm 

I appreciate the support of Acaeum members immensely, do not get me wrong, but I cannot cater ot a select customer base without insulting yet someone else.  These are limited editions.  Limited means limited in the time that they are offered and in the time that folks have their chances to buy them.  They are of wahtever value folks place on them.  

As a note, two other CotSK purchasers, Mark Hollway and Derick Landwehr, were greatly surprised and pleased to receive some runics, as they had never had that chance before.  Now, I was enouraged by Frank, in particular, in the last drive to "hold some early issues back" for the new fans, so that they might get some; now what I'm hearing, though I never did do as he suggested, is the complete opposite!  :0

I don't get this at all.  They are limited, some are going to get them and some will not, but from now on I will at least limit the purchases to 5 and no more so at least 5-10 folks will get some.  Otherwise I do not know what to do to satisfy everyone, as that's probably impossible.

RJK

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 16 of 28123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 262728