Rob J. Kuntz's CAIRN OF THE SKELETON KING update info
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 13 of 28123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 262728
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:50 pm 

faro wrote:Just and no more, Al.

eh?

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:51 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
eh?

Runic Copies went to:

David Witts
Ian Montgomery
Derrick Landwehr
Mark Holloway
Lance Ofenloch
Alan Silcock
Devin Hibbs

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:55 pm 

Let me guess - 20 to Ian and one to everyone else. :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:01 pm 

Plaag wrote:
Runic Copies went to:

David Witts
Ian Montgomery
Derrick Landwehr
Mark Holloway
Lance Ofenloch
Alan Silcock
Devin Hibbs

ShaneG.

:(

It would have been nice if we got notified here. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:06 pm 

Not to bitch but wouldn't it be better if each person was entitled to one runic copy instead of a bunch of them?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:22 pm 

Plaag wrote:
Runic Copies went to:

David Witts
Ian Montgomery
Derrick Landwehr
Mark Holloway
Lance Ofenloch
Alan Silcock
Devin Hibbs

ShaneG.

I think this list is outdated :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:25 pm 

Wow...that was fast....maybe he should have offered just a few more runic copies?

They  certainly would have sold.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:35 pm 

Plaag wrote:
Runic Copies went to:

David Witts
Ian Montgomery
Derrick Landwehr
Mark Holloway
Lance Ofenloch
Alan Silcock
Devin Hibbs

ShaneG.

Ooooooooooooooo....I made it :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:47 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:Wow...that was fast....maybe he should have offered just a few more runic copies?

And use Greek or Hebrew letters, praps? ;)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:36 pm 

dbartman wrote:Not to bitch but wouldn't it be better if each person was entitled to one runic copy instead of a bunch of them?

Yes, that's one of the things I'll be talking to Rob about again for the next book, dbartman....

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:36 pm 

dcas wrote:
And use Greek or Hebrew letters, praps? ;)

Greyhawk runes, if I had my way :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:12 am 

grodog wrote:Yes, that's one of the things I'll be talking to Rob about again for the next book, dbartman....

No easy solution to that, Allan. :)

The total print run is only 500 (limited, signed, numbered), and that should be the main focus for people worried 'bout not picking up a copy in time, I'd've thought. (As with DCC, say... or CotSK).

The runic copies are just an extra, and a quick injection of cash to get the ball rolling, no? (If anyone is /really/ going for the smallest edition, authors copies are more "desirable"... ;))
If those numbers are either increased or decreased, the sales may actually be slower; although an obvious "solution" might be to only allow one such purchase per "regular" copy, phps?
Whatever; it's already a lot more "fair" than an eBay auction where the person without enough money, or who's 10 seconds late, ends up with nothing.

Now, how many of the 500 are left? ;)

[jm-02c, fwiw]

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:17 am 

faro wrote:If those numbers are either increased or decreased, the sales may actually be slower; although an obvious "solution" might be to only allow one such purchase per "regular" copy, phps?

i think that kinda sounds the most sensible idea. i will be buying regular copies too, so that i can read them. the runic ones are just for collecting purposes. i just ordered the same as last time. someone musta bought a load of em :) (dont see the point of that tbh unless its for a commercial reason)

but yes...having the option of buying a runic copy IF you buy a regular copy is a good option too imo.

ppl not getting a look in, is a similar argument to one BC had some time back (forget the item now), where he was gunning for it and was outbid by someone who already has at least one and he was well pissed about it and maybe totally understandably so. but in the end, to rob, its just a sale and a good cash injection with the sponsorship.

maybe thats the thing, you should pay a sponsorship amount per item and not per order. that might stop ppl buying a bucket of runics instead of one?

either way, i am glad Rob has lots of orders flying in.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:00 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
i think that kinda sounds the most sensible idea. i will be buying regular copies too, so that i can read them. the runic ones are just for collecting purposes. i just ordered the same as last time. someone musta bought a load of em :) (dont see the point of that tbh unless its for a commercial reason)

but yes...having the option of buying a runic copy IF you buy a regular copy is a good option too imo.

ppl not getting a look in, is a similar argument to one BC had some time back (forget the item now), where he was gunning for it and was outbid by someone who already has at least one and he was well pissed about it and maybe totally understandably so. but in the end, to rob, its just a sale and a good cash injection with the sponsorship.

maybe thats the thing, you should pay a sponsorship amount per item and not per order. that might stop ppl buying a bucket of runics instead of one?

either way, i am glad Rob has lots of orders flying in.

Al

I can see where letting people buy up all the supply and hoard it for resale could in the long run hurt him. If people are buying them up to sit on them to sell them down the road (looking for an ST1 or the like) the people who would be buying them today to use them will get discouraged when they can't but them and may not look to buy others when released.

Then as the resellers have more and more money tied up in this they will most often (as the first few of a line are usually the collectable ones) slow or stop buying and haording. Now there is not that steady flow of income as the regualr buyers are no longer interested as they can count on Goodman Games (or others) to always have a supply  and the resellers think they have what will be hot in x years so they are not buying in large quantities anymore...and there goes the subscriber base they will need. You only need to look at the comic book and sports card industries to see what gimmacky marketing will get you.

I would suggest they have XXX limited number signed, foil imbossed. gold edges...whatever you get the idea... for the collectors and resellers  but do not limit the print run. If the purpose is to make a go of printing older material again and not just make some quick money then you have to build a loyal customer base and the best way to do that is to make sure they can get the product when they want it.

-not going to check for spelling and such runing late

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:18 am 

I very much doubt there will be any limit to the print runs. Once the 500 signed copies are sold, I'd imagine if there is a percieved market, there will be a similar unnumberred print run to meet market demand.

As regards the runic copies (congrad's to David for the getting in first), if you increase their number you will decrease their rarity and that will decrease their appeal. Perhaps requiring a potential Runic investor to buy a corresponding numberred copy per runic copy would help, and it would keep the quick cash injection there. Possibly tweeking the price is another option.

But limiting people to one copy just reduces the amount of cash someone is willing to invest. If RJK has the potential to get $100+ from a single investor, why on earth would he then restrict that investor to contributing $25? That is probably the most assured way of destroying investment in your company I can think of.

Of course, we all know the rare copies are going to be the playtest copies and the editor's copy. And those are not available for sale ATM.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:36 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Of course, we all know the rare copies are going to be the playtest copies and the editor's copy. And those are not available for sale ATM.[/color]

well when and if they do, i will ensure that Rob gets quality value for their worth.

we're working on a few things atm, so there should be some nice tidbits up for sale before long.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:50 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:.

I very much doubt there will be any limit to the print runs. Once the 500 signed copies are sold, I'd imagine if there is a percieved market, there will be a similar unnumberred print run to meet market demand.

As regards the runic copies (congrad's to David for the getting in first), if you increase their number you will decrease their rarity and that will decrease their appeal. Perhaps requiring a potential Runic investor to buy a corresponding numberred copy per runic copy would help, and it would keep the quick cash injection there. Possibly tweeking the price is another option.

But limiting people to one copy just reduces the amount of cash someone is willing to invest. If RJK has the potential to get $100+ from a single investor, why on earth would he then restrict that investor to contributing $25? That is probably the most assured way of destroying investment in your company I can think of.

Of course, we all know the rare copies are going to be the playtest copies and the editor's copy. And those are not available for sale ATM.

So in other words you are saying you are only purchasing them for finacial investment and no other reason.  That goes to the root of the concerns relayed then.  Being that there only 26 of them, if limiting the amount of copies of the Runic ones to one(or perhaps two) per person should not limit the investment you are putting into it, unless the product itself is already very deep in trouble.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:52 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I very much doubt there will be any limit to the print runs. Once the 500 signed copies are sold, I'd imagine if there is a percieved market, there will be a similar unnumberred print run to meet market demand.

Rob specifically stated on the sponsorship page that there would be no reprints of "this special edition." I suppose that this does not rule out reprints of the module itself.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 13 of 28123 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 262728