Rob J. Kuntz's CAIRN OF THE SKELETON KING update info
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:03 am 

You guys bring a tear to the eye.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:04 am 

improvstone wrote:You guys bring a tear to the eye.

whys that? did i stand on your toe?

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:08 am 

killjoy32 wrote:

He he ... No ... rather it gives me great pleasure to see such support for the old style of gaming.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:11 am 

improvstone wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:

He he ... No ... rather it gives me great pleasure to see such support for the old style of gaming.

well its just so cool - its something i have wanted to see for ages. i will get another one at some point when i can afford to do so - ultra skint atm, but once rob gives the thumbs up that its all a go cos hes passed the point where things are good, i will get another then (for reading & playing purposes)

i think its great to see ppl putting their money where the mouth is....v.important to show support for a rule system from yesteryear.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:57 pm 

There have been updates to the site.

Jason Braun artwork (Color) for Tower of Blood and his pencil sketches for those in the series.

Some more links will be posted soon for the RJK "About".

A sample of the module, the "Barrow Wight" with pict will be up as well by tomorrow or thursday at the latest.

We are also posting a link to the RJK interview so that folks can find it faster rather than digging through forum posts.

Lorne Marshall of Greyfoxe Studios is proceeding at a good pace on reproducing my World of Kalibruhn map and we should have that posted, with commentary soon.  The rendering looks absolutely fantastic, so I am waiting with great anticipation on the final... :)

Lance Hawvermale has taken upon the
mantle of primary editor for the Cairn of the Skeleton King project.  Many of you might be familiar with his work as he has been playing games for aeaons and involved in the RPG industry as writer, designer and editor during that time.  Allan Grohe will also assist with the final proofs from printer when these come available.

Peter Bradley notes that he will be finishing the maps tonight.  They are all rendered in blue Old School colors and look quite nice.

More to follow...

Rob Kuntz

PS--You guys are great, btw, and if I work my "magic" a second time it will be because of everyone efforting this, not just me.  BTW Al, I read your "Most Chaotic Moment" in RPG and LOL!  I will  be creating a forum at PPP after that and yours will be the first post, hopefully with more to follow.  It had me laughing for quite a spell.  :)

"How now, varlet! said Ralibar Vooz..."  "Who are you that speak so churlishly to a magistrate of Commoriom and a cousin to King Homquat?"  C. A. Smith--The Seven Geases

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:29 am 

The Robilar wrote:BTW Al, I read your "Most Chaotic Moment" in RPG and LOL!  I will  be creating a forum at PPP after that and yours will be the first post, hopefully with more to follow.  It had me laughing for quite a spell.  :)

:D :D :D

well you might have had EGG pissed at your Rob, but i had the whole group like that with me and it was months before they would even speak to me again after that :D

whenever we meet up for a beer or something now, it STILL gets mentioned "you remember that time...." sheesh will never live that one down - thats how i like to play tho - all good fun and perfectly in align with the character :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:29 pm 

I want to add to this discussion.....

I am purchasing this product because I want to support Rob personally...both because he is an Acaeum member and because he is keeping the old battle standard flying.  

I would like Cairn of the Skeleton King even better if it was set up for 3.5 Edition.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:58 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:I would like Cairn of the Skeleton King even better if it was set up for 3.5 Edition.

Mark   8)

i think that will kinda be part of the plan somewhere down the line mark.

the project originally tho was a step backwards wasnt it? kinda defeats the object if so :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:04 pm 

By all means....let's play AD&D!   :)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:25 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:By all means....let's play AD&D!   :)

will be nice to play this with the group and they wont have a clue what to expect :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:40 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
MShipley88 wrote:I would like Cairn of the Skeleton King even better if it was set up for 3.5 Edition.

i think that will kinda be part of the plan somewhere down the line mark.

Yes, but unless they sell very well, I think, they will be limited to PDF. At least that's what Rob wrote when he posted about the "D20 Editor" job being filled.

David

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:54 am 

There's always to possibility of selling the d20 rights to Goodman Games or Paizo. And if it's done on the back of good1E sales, You'd be in a fairly strong negotiating position.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:04 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:There's always to possibility of selling the d20 rights to Goodman Games or Paizo. And if it's done on the back of good1E sales, You'd be in a fairly strong negotiating position.

ian, i sent that parcel btw. PM me when it arrives.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:14 pm 

Thought this needed a bump! Anyone have any new information on when this might be shipping?

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:50 pm 

Marlith wrote:Thought this needed a bump! Anyone have any new information on when this might be shipping?

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression it was going to be sometime in July. I hope so, as I have some copies on order! :) Can't wait!

" I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered!  My life is my own"- The Prisoner

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:10 pm 

Per our chat earlier in the week, Rob was going to finish writing the ms. this week, then it was going to be edited while he haggled with the printer.  I'd expect it wouldn't be avaliable until GenCon-ish or so, assuming that the printer takes 2-3 weeks to print and ship, after which Rob will need to mail out the books.

edit:  That said, Rob hasn't stated a date, so you'll still have to wait awhile.  My dates above are speculative.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:49 pm 

d20 editor?

I've got one right here....it's the incinerator out back.

:twisted:

Looking for your old-school fantasy roleplaying fix? Don't despair...Fight On! Check it out at http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/FightOn.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:44 am 

Calithena wrote:d20 editor?

I've got one right here....it's the incinerator out back.

:twisted:

ummm nope - the whole original point was to write an "old school" module - ie back to 1E kinda stuff....

:P

which reminds me, must give rob a ring later...

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext