2nd Edition printings
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:51 am 

Doug Williams wrote:Thought about starting a new topic with this question, but decided just to ask it here in this thread.

Anyone know where I can find a comprehensive list of all "official" 2nd edition D&D products? How about 3.0/3.5 edition?

http://home.flash.net/~brenfrow/index.htm

Not up to date on all 3.0/3.5 though

For that I'd go to the "official" site http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=pr ... brand=main

Well cancel that, WotC doesn't even show everything they put out..I didn't see the 3.0 PHB, DMG, MM so not sure what else they missed.
Course CGOULD42 has collected almost all 3.0/3.5 so maybe has a comprehensive list.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:23 am 

i think its a great idea shane spending LOTS more time on 2e. shane in fact you should do 3e too dude.

anything to keep you finding anything more on tegel manor and modron :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:42 am 

killjoy32 wrote:i think its a great idea shane spending LOTS more time on 2e. shane in fact you should do 3e too dude.

anything to keep you finding anything more on tegel manor and modron :)

Al

Well there is going to be Tegel Manor from the Piazo/Necromancer Games group :)
Dark Tower through Eostros
Tell Qa through AGP, etc...

Haven't looked to much at Modron, but you know maybe I could find a few more printings  :wink:

You do know that I'm now going to go through all the Tegels to see what differences there are because you mentioned it, right? oh look there are 17 different shades for Booklet L :twisted: :lol:

Still waiting on seeing some said auctions for these many copies you have :D

Just having a MC challenge atm, but could never forget about Judges Guild.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:38 am 

Plaag wrote:Still waiting on seeing some said auctions for these many copies you have :D

Just having a MC challenge atm, but could never forget about Judges Guild.

ShaneG.

well i have sold 3 privately shane, so need to check what i have left *looks at pile of stuff 2 feet away*

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:17 pm 

Doug Williams wrote:Thought about starting a new topic with this question, but decided just to ask it here in this thread.

Anyone know where I can find a comprehensive list of all "official" 2nd edition D&D products? How about 3.0/3.5 edition?

This website is pretty good-

http://members.tripod.com/~phammer/dndlist0.html

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:31 pm 

Plaag wrote:More on MCs

MC1 - 1st - Angled TSR logo, 3-hole punched, 72 sheets, 8 Dividers (still need to confirm this #, but I think I'm right here - these are 5-hole punched), Vampire page has a corrected sheet pasted on back, but looks like behind it was the exact info as front but eastern Vampire picture in the top right place, sheets are perforated along side with holes with some still having the rest of the paper attached and thus slightly wider.

MC1 - 2nd - Angled TSR logo, 5-hole punched, 73 sheets (on one side it Instructions for Blank Monster sheet, other side blank), 8 Dividers, Vampire page fixed, sheets are perforated along side with holes with many perforated lines running through the holes (though edges seem cut better now).

MC1 - 3rd - Angled TSR logo, 5-hole punched, 72 sheets, 8 Dividers, No perforated pages.

MC1 - 4th - Gold Angled TSR logo, 5-hole punched, Copyright date on each page (1989)... (rest as 3rd)

MC2 - Only know of 1 printing - 5-hole punched, 8 Dividers (I think I know what they are, but could use a true confirmation)

MC3 - 1st - 5-hole punched, 32 sheets, 4 Dividers, Tri-fold cover wrap

MC3 - 2nd - 5-hole punched, 32 sheets (Copyright date on back of each page - 1989), 4 Dividers (Copyright on dividers), Tri-fold cover wrap

((Why do I do this? and can someone make it stop :) ))

ShaneG.

Shane (and everyone else who has posted here with this information):

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  This is truly invaluable information and has given me lots of additional data to add to my personal inventory.  I truly appreciate all the work you've done in this thread. :)

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:16 pm 

MichaelC wrote:Shane (and everyone else who has posted here with this information):

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  This is truly invaluable information and has given me lots of additional data to add to my personal inventory.  I truly appreciate all the work you've done in this thread. :)

Aw shucks... :oops:

I gotta give props to ((or curse)) blackdougal for starting this thread :)

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:59 pm 

Mars wrote:They have different TSR logos on them too.

I take this back.  There are 2 different versions of the rectangular gold logo DMGs: "Dungeon Master's Guide" and "DUNGEON MASTER Guide".  I don't have the second one but I have a few other prints.

There is also a "Player's Handbook" and "PLAYER'S HANDBOOK" with the TSR dragon logo.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:45 pm 

Performing necromancy to ask a question about MC1...

MC1 - 1st - Angled TSR logo, 3-hole punched, 72 sheets, 8 Dividers (still need to confirm this #, but I think I'm right here - these are 5-hole punched), Vampire page has a corrected sheet pasted on back, but looks like behind it was the exact info as front but eastern Vampire picture in the top right place, sheets are perforated along side with holes with some still having the rest of the paper attached and thus slightly wider.

MC1 - 2nd - Angled TSR logo, 5-hole punched, 73 sheets (on one side it Instructions for Blank Monster sheet, other side blank), 8 Dividers, Vampire page fixed, sheets are perforated along side with holes with many perforated lines running through the holes (though edges seem cut better now).

MC1 - 3rd - Angled TSR logo, 5-hole punched, 72 sheets, 8 Dividers, No perforated pages.

MC1 - 4th - Gold Angled TSR logo, 5-hole punched, Copyright date on each page (1989)... (rest as 3rd)

Of the first three printings, is there any way to distinguish them from the outside?  Shane and I have been talking about this, but haven't figured anything out.  One thought I had - the first printing was (mistakenly?) three hole punched instead of five, so I'm wondering if the back cover says "3 hole punched" instead of the usual "5 hole punched"?  Anyone have a copy they can check?

I kind of doubt it, but it's worth a shot.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:55 pm 

For most of the copies you can distinguish them by the pricing on the back or the logo.  I will see what I can dig up for ya.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:25 pm 

To add onto Shane's list, I have a TSR angular logo, 5 hole punched no perforated pages with the "Instructions for Blank Monster sheet, other side blank" form.  This has a price of $20.00 US.

Gold angled TSR logo, no copyright on each page, with pricing "$20.00 US"

Gold angled TSR logo, copyright 1989 each page, with pricing "$20.00 U.S.  $24.00 CAN  11.99 U.K."

I guess this doesn't help you much in answering your question though.  I'm sure I have another early print binder somewhere too but its not with the others.

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:21 am 

I can add information for PHBR10 The Complete Book of Humanoids:

Fourth (1994): Identical to first print but with gold angled TSR logo and $18.00 cover price. States "Fourth printing, July 1994" on the credits page.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:14 pm 

Another thread resurrection to note that all those printings need to be bumped up by one, as I have found what I believe is the true first printing.  It is as the first described here, but without the pasted on page, and the existent page has the mistakenly duplicated Vampire information.

So it would seem this was published (1st), the major mistake was noticed and a paste in was added (2nd), then they realized the problem with hole punching and fixed that in another run (3rd), and finally realized that having the pages as tear outs instead of separately printed was silly (4th).  And by then it was time for a new logo (5th).

Page counts for all the perforated versions should be 73, not 72.  There is an instruction sheet that was the front of the page packet; that may have been done away with later.

Areas of interest/knowledge: Harn, WFRP, Ars Magica, anything BRP based such as CoC, Runequest, Pendragon and all their related games

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:22 am 

TheHistorian wrote:
Another thread resurrection to note that all those printings need to be bumped up by one, as I have found what I believe is the true first printing.  It is as the first described here, but without the pasted on page, and the existent page has the mistakenly duplicated Vampire information.

So it would seem this was published (1st), the major mistake was noticed and a paste in was added (2nd), then they realized the problem with hole punching and fixed that in another run (3rd), and finally realized that having the pages as tear outs instead of separately printed was silly (4th).  And by then it was time for a new logo (5th).

Page counts for all the perforated versions should be 73, not 72.  There is an instruction sheet that was the front of the page packet; that may have been done away with later.

I knew on Tome of Treasures the 'true first' was confirmed when I asked about it along with posting the same information there.  Wondering if the instruction sheet is blank on the back or some other info?  Here is what I have for the break down of the sheets front and back (looks better in Excel).  Just not sure which printing I took this from when I was dealing with the MCs

1        How to Use this Book        Alphabetical Index to MC1
2        Terrain Guide, Monster Summoning        Wilderness Encounters
3        Wilderness, Dungeon Encounters        Water, City Encounters, Description
4        Aerial Servant        Animal, Herd
5        Bat        Bear
6        Behir        Beholder
7        Boar        Bookworm
8        Brownie        Bugbear
9        Carrion Crawler        Catoblepas
10        Cats, Great        Cats, Great
11        Cave Fisher        Centaur, Sylvan
12        Centipede        Chimera
13        Cockatrice        Couatl
14        Displacer Beast        Dogs
15        Dragons        Dragons
16        Dragon, Black        Dragon, Blue
17        Dragon, Brass        Dragon, Bronze
18        Dragon, Copper        Dragon, Gold
19        Dragon, Green        Dragon, Red
20        Dragon, Silver        Dragon, White
21        Dragon Turtle        Dragonfish
22        Elemental, Generic Information        Elementals
23        Elementals        Elephant
24        Elf        Elf
25        Genie        Genie
26        Ghost        Ghoul
27        Giant, Cloud        Giant, Fire
28        Giant, Frost        Giant, Hill
29        Giant, Stone        Giant, Storm
30        Gnolls        Gnome
31        Goblin        Golem, General
32        Golems, Lessr        Golems, Greater
33        Halfling        Harpy
34        Hobgoblin        Homonculous
35        Hornet        Horse
36        Hydra        Hyena
37        Imp        Invisible Stalker
38        Jackal        Jackalwere
39        Kobold        Korred
40        Lich        Demilich
41        Lizard        Lizard Man
42        Lycanthrope, General        Lycanthrope, Werebear
43        Lycanthrope, Wererat        Lycanthrope, Seawolf
44        Lycanthrope, Weretiger        Lycanthrope, Werewolf
45        Manticore        Medusa
46        Men        Men
47        Men        Men
48        Mind Flayer        Minotaur
49        Mud-man        Mummy
50        Nixie        Nymph
51        Ogre        Ogre
52        Oozes/Slimes/Jellies        Oozes/Slimes/Jellies
53        Orc        Orc
54        Owl        Owlbear
55        Pegasus        Piercer
56        Pseudodragon        Puddings, Deadly
57        Rakshasa        Rat
58        Ray        Remorhaz
59        Satyr        Scorpion
60        Selkie        Shadow
61        Skeleton        Skunk
62        Snake        Spectre
63        Spider        Sprite
64        Toad        Treant
65        Troll        Troll
66        Umber Hulk        Unicorn
67        Vampire        Vampire, Eastern
68        Wight        Will o'wisp
69        Wolf        Wolfwere
70        Wraith        Wyvern
71        Yeti        Yuan-ti
72        Zombie        Blank Template

ShaneG.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:02 am 

I've got this figured out.

The perforated looking sheets were originally in a packet, to be separated upon purchase.  This is certain - one of my copies is only partly separated, so I know it exists.

The front and back pages of the packet are not perforated pages, and I think it's a fair guess as to why they'd be missing sometimes (a lot?).

So the full list should be:

FRONT Instructions For The Blank Monster Form / Blank
1 How to is the first page
4-72 I didn't check your full list, I'm assuming you got alphabetical order right :)
2-3 Terrain sheets are in the back of the packet
BACK Blank/Blank

3 hole punched pages
5 hole punched dividers
Vampire page has the information duplicated on both sides, with no paste over

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:05 pm 

What are the Terrain sheets? And what do they look like?

ShaneG.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:14 pm 

Exactly what you listed as pages 2 and 3.  I just grabbed the first word from your description.  Sorry about that.

I was just noting that they were actually printed near the back of the booklet.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:29 am 

Oh lets get crazy about MC1 again shall we :)
Bolded the difference from the printing above it.

MC1 - 1st - Angled TSR logo, 3-hole punched, 72 sheets perforated in booklet form, 8 Dividers (5-hole punched), Vampire page has the information duplicated on both sides, eastern vampire picture on back.

((I have a pasted over page correcting the back, but can not say if this was done by TSR or previous owner))

MC1 - 2nd - Angled TSR logo, 5-hole punched, 72 sheets perforated in booklet form, 8 Dividers (5-hole punched), Vampire page has the information duplicated on both sides, eastern vampire picture on back.

MC1 - 3rd - Angled TSR logo, 5-hole punched, 72 sheets, 8 Dividers, Vampire page fixed, sheets are perforated along side with holes with many perforated lines running through the holes (edges seem cut better now as if never in booklet form??).

MC1 - 4th - Angled TSR logo, 5-hole punched, 72 sheets, 8 Dividers, No perforated pages.

4th?: 73 sheets (on one side it Instructions for Blank Monster sheet, other side blank) Priced: "$20.00 U.S."

MC1 - 5th - Gold Angled TSR logo, 5-hole punched, , 72 sheets, no copyright on pages ... (rest as 4th) Priced: "$20.00 U.S."

MC1 - 6th - Gold Angled TSR logo, 5-hole punched, 72 sheets, Copyright date on each page (1989)... (rest as 4th) Priced: "$20.00 U.S. $24.00 CAN 11.99 U.K."

So curious if the 5 hole punched Instructions for Blank Monster Sheet/Blank on the other side sheet belongs to the 4th print above alone?  I currently have it with the 3rd print but its the only page not perforated.

ShaneG.

PreviousNext