ST1 up on Ebay
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:06 pm 

I'm seeing a disgruntled 40-something collector with a if I can't own it nobody will attitude

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:36 pm 

This might be silly and all, but being that he/she is a newbie to Ebay, is it a possibility that they don't even realize the difference in bidding British pounds versus American dollars?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:55 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Ekim Toor wrote:Mr. 1 feedback has also increased his initial bid twice. Isn't that a little strange?

Well, I just pushed his bid about as high as I can go and he still has 2 over bids.  Anyone care to push any further?

Does that mean you're bidding it up but not actually wanting to buy? Be careful you don't get hit by a bid retraction, in that case.

And can't really see how that "helps" matters, to be honest.

Well, not that Malcolm will be complaining, so long as the money comes through OK. :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:00 pm 

faro wrote:
bclarkie wrote:
Ekim Toor wrote:Mr. 1 feedback has also increased his initial bid twice. Isn't that a little strange?

Well, I just pushed his bid about as high as I can go and he still has 2 over bids.  Anyone care to push any further?

Does that mean you're bidding it up but not actually wanting to buy? Be careful you don't get hit by a bid retraction, in that case.

And can't really see how that "helps" matters, to be honest.

Well, not that Malcolm will be complaining, so long as the money comes through OK. :)

I was interested in finding his high bid for reference, and I got a bit crazy. :oops:  Aside from that though I have a feeling that I could have bid $3k and still not be in top 2 bids.

<edit> I guess that I should also make clear that if somehow I do end up winning it, then I will pay for it.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:02 pm 

Hi,

from my account I can see his email address.  :D

I recognise the name.

Cheers,
malcolm

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:04 pm 

lawrenson wrote:Hi,

from my account I can see his email address.  :D

I recognise the name.

Cheers,
malcolm

I am assuming then that they are member from here?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:07 pm 

bclarkie wrote:<edit> I guess that I should also make clear that if somehow I do end up winning it, then I will pay for it.

Heh, heh... no escape, I'm sure.

Oh well, anyone who was hoping the auction might not be bid-up will have to find easier pickings elsewhere. :P
*yay* for alternate bidding accounts, eh, Malcolm?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:16 pm 

bclarkie wrote:This might be silly and all, but being that he/she is a newbie to Ebay, is it a possibility that they don't even realize the difference in bidding British pounds versus American dollars?

I don't think that a newbie would toss 1300 pounds (or dollars, either) on eBay on his second purchase. I believe that guy is no more newbie than Mr. Clarkie.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:18 pm 

guerret wrote:I believe that guy is no more newbie than Mr. Clarkie.

Define "newbie"! :3

Heh... now I can see why some people think eBay is a good "spectator sport".

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:19 pm 

guerret wrote:
bclarkie wrote:This might be silly and all, but being that he/she is a newbie to Ebay, is it a possibility that they don't even realize the difference in bidding British pounds versus American dollars?

I don't think that a newbie would toss 1300 pounds (or dollars, either) on eBay on his second purchase. I believe that guy is no more newbie than Mr. Clarkie.

You could be right, but typically newbies also like to do the old "Bid Stack", where as seasoned bidders typically stay away from that in order to prevent being jacked up.  Granted EBay's new proxy bidding system in place can help prevent that, but I mean I get the feeling that my current bid isn't anywhere close to the top.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:06 pm 

but typically newbies also like to do the old "Bid Stack", where as seasoned bidders typically stay away from that in order to prevent being jacked up.  

I'd like to get this guy across from me on poker night, with "tells" like that.

I saw that three bid stack of his and that evil Pit Fiend materialized on my shoulder rubbing his clawed hands whispering Let's have some fun

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:29 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
I saw that earlier. :)   I dont see any cause for concern yet.  He/she registered back in November and is from Washington state.  If anything, I would be surprised if it wasn't an alternate ID for that kewlmarine32 guy trying to buy one to "prove" that he has one. :roll:  

*Sigh*

~Clangador
---------------

Black Blade Publishing imprint of OSRIC is not only the most definitive printing of OSRIC to date, but also the single greatest resource for old school gamers since the three original hardbacks written by E. Gary Gygax.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:57 pm 

Hi All,

just a message to say I won't be around online tomorrow night  :cry:  :cry:
so, assuming someone here wins the auction, I won't be in touch til Sunday.

As an aside, Soon-to-be-Mrs-Malcolm mentioned that she normally puts on 2 or 3 separate bids on an auction lot - IF she is not going to be anywhere around the auctions when it finishes, and she really wants the item.

Interesting, I thought.

Cheers,
Malcolm

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:07 pm 

Wow. $2,300 for that seems WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:08 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Wow. $2,300 for that seems WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much.

another $1000 and thats the cost of my marathon :)

bah who needs an ST1....just pay for me to go back to Morocco and i will live the adventure for you :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:25 pm 

Like I said over on DF, thats my fault. :oops:   There is no way it should be that high.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:49 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:

another $1000 and thats the cost of my marathon :)

bah who needs an ST1....just pay for me to go back to Morocco and i will live the adventure for you :D

Al

Getting paid $3,300 to run a marathon isn't that bad...  Er, nevermind.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:52 pm 

NetRodent wrote:Getting paid $3,300 to run a marathon isn't that bad...  Er, nevermind.

um nope thats the cost to DO the marathon chummer.....i get nothing other than the chance to go in it :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext