ST1 up on Ebay
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 31, 2, 3
Author

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3593
Joined: Dec 20, 2003
Last Visit: Jul 19, 2021
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:40 am 
 

I figured this one deserved it's own topic!



I was outbid by a 1 feedback bidder!



Looks strange to me, check it out:



http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :ONA:US:21



I think lawrenson should be a little concerned over this.



Don't mean to stir it up



Jeff


Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:43 am 
 

Blackmoor wrote:I figured this one deserved it's own topic!

I was outbid by a 1 feedback bidder!

Looks strange to me, check it out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :ONA:US:21

I think lawrenson should be a little concerned over this.

Don't mean to stir it up

Jeff




I saw that earlier. :)   I dont see any cause for concern yet.  He/she registered back in November and is from Washington state.  If anything, I would be surprised if it wasn't an alternate ID for that kewlmarine32 guy trying to buy one to "prove" that he has one. :roll:   Anyway, I would get worried yet, its still way early and that thing is not going to go for where its at now. :wink:


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:55 am 
 

considering what it is and that its signed by the author of the module, i think that went cheap tbh.

but then £820 is still £820 :)

it does make you wonder why someone with a 1 FB would go for something like that though. only logical reasoning would be that its a collector not wanting to be known.

Al



  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 144
Joined: Apr 26, 2005
Last Visit: May 03, 2021
Location: Rhosgobel

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:13 pm 
 

It's not me!!
I swear!!

:P  :P


... And thou, Melkor, shalt see that no theme may be played that hath not its uttermost source in me, nor can any alter the music in my despite ...

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:39 pm 
 

Radagast the Brown wrote:It's not me!!
I swear!!

:P  :P


we know that Giorgio. if it was you, the price would be £2800 :D

Al



  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 529
Joined: Feb 25, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 02, 2021
Location: Lille, France.

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:49 pm 
 

Radagast the Brown wrote:It's not me!!
I swear!!

:P  :P




Yes, brake on Montalcino  :wink:

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3797
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 15, 2021

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:30 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:considering what it is and that its signed by the author of the module, i think that went cheap tbh.

but then £820 is still £820 :)

it does make you wonder why someone with a 1 FB would go for something like that though. only logical reasoning would be that its a collector not wanting to be known.

Al


Hey, it's not over yet, Al.  I thought so too, from Jeff's post, but it's still got 3 days to go.


Let mirth prevail!

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:31 pm 
 

bombadil wrote:Hey, it's not over yet, Al.  I thought so too, from Jeff's post, but it's still got 3 days to go.


oh isnt it? i thought it was finished. mind you i only looked quick while i was in work.

oh well glad to hear that - no doubt it will go to a good home then!

Al :D



  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1106
Joined: Aug 14, 2004
Last Visit: Jun 09, 2021
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:00 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:oh isnt it? i thought it was finished. mind you i only looked quick while i was in work.


I have noticed the same thing ... I think ebay should change the colour of the panel depending upon whether it is still listed, less than one day to go or finished.

 WWW  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 144
Joined: Apr 26, 2005
Last Visit: May 03, 2021
Location: Rhosgobel

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:51 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
Radagast the Brown wrote:It's not me!!
I swear!!

:P  :P


we know that Giorgio. if it was you, the price would be £2800 :D

Al


You don't know how you're right!!
My wedding day is arriving (3rd of june) and it's terrible to see a ST1 passing away from my greedy hands ...   :(  

My Precioussssss :wink:


... And thou, Melkor, shalt see that no theme may be played that hath not its uttermost source in me, nor can any alter the music in my despite ...

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:00 am 
 

Radagast the Brown wrote:You don't know how you're right!!
My wedding day is arriving (3rd of june) and it's terrible to see a ST1 passing away from my greedy hands ...   :(  

My Precioussssss :wink:


:)

i suppose you could buy it as a wedding gift for your wife?

:D

Al



  


Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 144
Joined: Apr 26, 2005
Last Visit: May 03, 2021
Location: Rhosgobel

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:20 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
Radagast the Brown wrote:You don't know how you're right!!
My wedding day is arriving (3rd of june) and it's terrible to see a ST1 passing away from my greedy hands ...   :(  

My Precioussssss :wink:


:)

i suppose you could buy it as a wedding gift for your wife?

:D

Al


It's an idea ... although I think she'd prefer something like Nenya (the Diamond Ring ...)  :)

I can't understand why  :roll:
:D  :D


... And thou, Melkor, shalt see that no theme may be played that hath not its uttermost source in me, nor can any alter the music in my despite ...

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7960
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jul 24, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:33 am 
 

Radagast the Brown wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:
Radagast the Brown wrote:You don't know how you're right!!
My wedding day is arriving (3rd of june) and it's terrible to see a ST1 passing away from my greedy hands ...   :(  

My Precioussssss :wink:


:)

i suppose you could buy it as a wedding gift for your wife?

:D

Al


It's an idea ... although I think she'd prefer something like Nenya (the Diamond Ring ...)  :)

I can't understand why  :roll:
:D  :D


Hey, NOTHING says I love you more than an ST1 on your wedding day!  Tell her you heard it here, and that you TRUSTED us!  She'll understand!!!!!!!! 8O

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:45 am 
 

Badmike wrote:Hey, NOTHING says I love you more than an ST1 on your wedding day!  Tell her you heard it here, and that you TRUSTED us!  She'll understand!!!!!!!! 8O

Mike B.


hehehe i just had an image of a womans face upon being given a copy of ST1, looking at it and thinking WTF??!! :D

the scene would be a classic moment :)

Al



  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 405
Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Last Visit: Jan 26, 2018
Location: The Saltmarshes of Michigan

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:22 pm 
 

Mr. 1 feedback has also increased his initial bid twice. Isn't that a little strange?

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:27 pm 
 

Ekim Toor wrote:Mr. 1 feedback has also increased his initial bid twice. Isn't that a little strange?


Well, I just pushed his bid about as high as I can go and he still has 2 over bids.  Anyone care to push any further?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:03 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:
Ekim Toor wrote:Mr. 1 feedback has also increased his initial bid twice. Isn't that a little strange?


Well, I just pushed his bid about as high as I can go and he still has 2 over bids.  Anyone care to push any further?


sorry but i just smell a rat. hope malc knows what he is doing - could make for an interesting end getting someone with 1 feedback to part with that kind of $

Al



  

User avatar

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 558
Joined: Sep 02, 2004
Last Visit: Jul 26, 2021
Location: Cape Cod

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:20 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:
Ekim Toor wrote:Mr. 1 feedback has also increased his initial bid twice. Isn't that a little strange?


Well, I just pushed his bid about as high as I can go and he still has 2 over bids.  Anyone care to push any further?


sorry but i just smell a rat. hope malc knows what he is doing - could make for an interesting end getting someone with 1 feedback to part with that kind of $

Al


Yup, for the condition it is in $2300 it's just a crock or else the bidder is just plain cracked  :roll:

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 405
Joined: Nov 23, 2002
Last Visit: Jan 26, 2018
Location: The Saltmarshes of Michigan

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:06 pm 
 

I'm seeing a disgruntled 40-something collector with a if I can't own it nobody will attitude

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:36 pm 
 

This might be silly and all, but being that he/she is a newbie to Ebay, is it a possibility that they don't even realize the difference in bidding British pounds versus American dollars?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  
Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 31, 2, 3