Sorry, I have to post this . . .
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:04 am 

What I like (aside from the grabbing) is the expressions.  He is SO happy about what he's doing.  (Anyway, that's what I imagine.)   :)

Mark  8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:05 am 

I did indeed ask him to put it back up. The first time I saw it i pretty much fell out of my chair laughing.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:07 am 

There's a semi-on topic thing I've been wondering about: doesn't ISoldIt (Maxie's venue of choice) have a somewhat checkered reputation?

It seems to me I've heard some horror stories, but I'm drawing a blank as to where exactly I've picked this information up. Maybe it was here; I suppose I could search some threads ...

I'm thinking of things like inaccurate listings, terrible packing and shipping, bad return policy, etc., etc. Does this ring any bells with anyone?

I'm not even sure I understand how it works. Do you just drop all of your stuff off with them, let them do the work, and then they take cut?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:46 am 

I don't know the specifics of isoldit, but I do know they are a franchise operation.  The main "bad" thing I have heard is that you have to make an initial investment to become an isoldit franchise.  Say you have to invest $10,000 ( a number I am completely making up) - then you have to basically do the business on your own with the assistance of an isolidit "kit", basic advice and the isoldit name.

As you can imagine, it probably takes MANY sales to make up for your franchise investmen.  Look at all those isoldit franchises with feedback of 500 - 1500 . . . that's not very many ebay sales (with only a small percentage your profit) to pay off your initial investment, overhead, salaries, etc.

Figure anyone who invests was too dumb to figure out that they could have started their own auction company without having to buy into isoldit.  (we have a local one in town and a local in my wife's hometown).

The shipping is high and the communication is poor .  . . however, I have now won at least a half a dozen isoldit lots and all have been very profitable for me.   :D   They are always packaged  well and because people are dropping off their collections to people who know nothing about RPG games  there are many mixed and large lots.  The more large and mixed it gets, the more likely it is to appeal to only resellers . . . and the more non-D&D stuff, the better that is for me as many of the resellers tend to focus on D&D (I tend to focus on other stuff as everyone and their brother is bidding on that "huge lot of 40 modules"  :D  )

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:05 am 

Maybe Maxwell watched one too many episodes of "My Name Is Earl."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:02 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote
Maybe he's found Jesus.  
.... and they're helping him off the weed.

Maybe he's getting hit with a law suit and is trying the 'ole cover-up I'm sorry routine prior to the case being heard. As people overseas possibly aren't part of it he doesn't care....

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:51 pm 

He's simply a piece of crap.

There is an old saying, and I can always hear James Doohan saying it, as that image of Scotty saying it sticks in my brain.

"Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me."

Don't believe him.  Don't trust him.  Don't give him the benefit of the doubt.

(EDIT: I wanted my 400th post to be something more momentous than spouting off about a dipshit.)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:11 pm 

Traveller wrote:He's simply a piece of crap.

There is an old saying, and I can always hear James Doohan saying it, as that image of Scotty saying it sticks in my brain.

"Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me."

Don't believe him.  Don't trust him.  Don't give him the benefit of the doubt.

(EDIT: I wanted my 400th post to be something more momentous than spouting off about a dipshit.)

Or as G.W. would say "you just can't fool me again". :P

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:12 am 

I don't see what risk there is in giving him a chance to make restitution.   :?

It would seem that a scientific test of Maxwell's change of heart might be to send him a dragonfoot PM stating whatever you feel he owes you.   :?

If he makes restitution, or even partial restitution, wouldn't that be the real proof...or at least partial proof?  :?

What would he stand to gain with a lie?   :?

According to Maxwell's own admission, he has acted badly and he owes people money.  Sounds like a positive start to me.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:52 am 

MShipley88 wrote:I don't see what risk there is in giving him a chance to make restitution.   :?

It would seem that a scientific test of Maxwell's change of heart might be to send him a dragonfoot PM stating whatever you feel he owes you.   :?

If he makes restitution, or even partial restitution, wouldn't that be the real proof...or at least partial proof?  :?

What would he stand to gain with a lie?   :?

According to Maxwell's own admission, he has acted badly and he owes people money.  Sounds like a positive start to me.

Mark   8)

positive so long as it suits him to Mark. it you were offering resitution, you would offer it to ALL who have genuine claims to such.

my mate STILL has all of the damaged stuff in a box - hasnt done f**k all with it cos there aint no point cos 2/3 of the stuff is totally mullered. imagine how you would feel buying a planescape hellbound: the blood war box set in minty condition, only to find when you open the box, that the box is totally squashed flat, the books are scraped and ripped and bent etc...sure you get the pic and a lot of the stuff is like that too.....

...so sorry, no he shouldnt be given the chance at all.

it cost my mate a LOT of money and he would have just sent it all back, but considering who he was dealing with and the chances of resolving something (he still has the e-mail replies which are a carbon copy of some of the entries on here) being somewhat zip to remote, there was no point at all.

once burnt, lesson learnt kinda thing.

i told him at the time to do a credit card chargeback but he didnt want to. maxie got away with it, but he wont get away with it again.

*makes a supreme effort to calm down*

sorry about that.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Previous