Tying Flies
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:46 pm 

One of the members of this group sent me an e-mail about tying flies for my organization.

I lost the e-mail!!!

Please write back, whoever you were.

Nemesis of the Annoyingly Dense
Guidelines, not rules...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:05 am 

Were those first edition flies, ODD flies or D20 flies?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:30 am 

MShipley88 wrote:Were those first edition flies, ODD flies or D20 flies?

Hevean forbid they were 2nd ed flies  :roll:

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:50 am 

How do you tie their little wings together? Or do you just tie the legs?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:03 am 

They were Lordly flies...  manacled at their tiny wrists and ankles.

Seriously, though, one of the members of this board e-mailed me and asked if I knew what his friend was talking about about tying some kind of FISHING lure fly. Maybe a friend of red-bus(red-bus was his best man?).

Sorry I can't be more specific. The very nice note made mention of hours of enjoyment that DRAGON brought them, etc. I have received so many nice missives since I first sought your advice that they begin to blur together.

I am SO confused!!!!

Guidelines, not rules...

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:10 am 

Quick someone cast a remove confusion spell on Tim :-)

Seriously, Tim isn't it nice to know there is a place where people respect the work you have done!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:17 am 

While it is certainly nice, it is also humbling.

I seriously doubt that you could find anyone from BITD that will tell you that I was about ego. When I produced first STRATEGIC REVIEW, then LITTLE WARS and THE DRAGON, and finally ADVENTURE GAMING, I could not have cared less about prosleytizing or brainwashing or shaping opinion. Really...

My greatest pleasure was in thinking that I was reaching into how many thousands of skulls and massaging that grey matter. I didn't care if you thought like me, I only cared that you thought. Kind of why I went back into being a teacher at this late stage in life.

It is wonderful to hear that I gave people hours of enjoyment, I can't lie about that.

It's kind of like my involvement with FISHING HAS NO BOUNDARIES, the beneficiary of grodog's bid on the Satchel, ExTSR's support of his local chapter and obiter's magnanimous gesture. I don't do it so I have something "good" on my resume. I do it for the rush I get when I see someone with a disability get onto a boat for the first time, leaving solid earth behind, knowing that I helped facilitate it.

That organization just honored and humbled me me last weekend by naming me Nat'l Volunteer of the Year. Most likely because of the video I made two years ago, and an article I recently had published. (If you can, pick up a copy of NORTH AMERICAN FISHERMAN, Feb. 2006, or go to their website--[url]http://www.fishingclub.com/home[/url; their you will find my motivation on pg 73.) They hadn't heard of my fund-raising efforts through this group yet.

Which brings me to one more thing. Go to [url]http://www.fhnbcinti.com/index.html[/url]
or [url]http://www.fhnbinc.org/[/url].
If you would like to be a part of this, find a chapter near you and call them up--tell 'em Tim from Cincy sent you. No chapter nearby? No problem; you can support us with $$$- I will accept all donations. This is the only cause that I have been a shameless beggar in service of.

Guidelines, not rules...