Postage Issue
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:33 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:if it took 40 days odd, that must have been sent surface. no way airmail would take that long from the US.

mind you i have known them to send things wrong at times.....

Al

I can't remember, but I am guessing it went airmail. I cost me $25 for a PHB and few other items (modules, IRC).

I was just about to refund buyer all his expenses when I got the email saying he got it. This was a couple months ago, now. This thread sparked my memory.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:45 pm 

bbarsh wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:if it took 40 days odd, that must have been sent surface. no way airmail would take that long from the US.

mind you i have known them to send things wrong at times.....

Al

I can't remember, but I am guessing it went airmail. I cost me $25 for a PHB and few other items (modules, IRC).

I was just about to refund buyer all his expenses when I got the email saying he got it. This was a couple months ago, now. This thread sparked my memory.

That sounds about right for the price it cost to ship to Italy (and now gives me a somewhat better timeline).

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:01 pm 

Paypal are being arseholes. I can see why they want a signature, but demanding tracking as well is stupid.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:10 pm 

nn wrote:Paypal are being arseholes. I can see why they want a signature, but demanding tracking as well is stupid.

they are pretty much alienating the seller on the vast majority to the point that you dont really have a leg to stand on. they dont help at all and i think its just a crap excuse for what it should be. mind you, pretty much the same as ebay really.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:26 pm 

Aside from used books, does any other Ebay category have as close a porportion of US and international participants?

For instance...does home appliances regularly have UK sellers shipping to US addresses and vice versa?

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:13 am 

Well, I'm seriously considering putting up a statement that I will accept PayPal only from active Avaeum members and returning customers. All others should pay with bankers drafts or money orders in Punds Stirling.

That should eliminate most of the problem, and for those 'unknowns and newbies' that still buy, I'll state that there is a £5 processing fee for refunding PayPal payments to those who have decided to ignore the conditions of sale.

In the UK its illegal to use Western Union, and PayPal won't provide any Seller Protection to UK citizens, so unless the buyers are reletively known and trusted, the only thing you can do to protect yourself is make them pay you by a means they can't chargebeck, and charge them for your time if they choose to ignore you.

As an American company, PayPal has now become about protecting Americans against foreigners.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Previous