What would you think of this listing?
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:51 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:
Deadlord39 wrote:As far as I can tell, eBay does not scan for keyword spamming.

This is worth expanding on. I don't know where these myths started, but eBay does not scan for anything. They are entirely dependent upon user reports to police any questionable listings, which is one reason that (to their credit) they are attempting to make the reporting process more streamlined.

it would be interesting where you would draw the line on "Keyword spamming" wouldnt it?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:05 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:

This is worth expanding on. I don't know where these myths started, but eBay does not scan for anything. They are entirely dependent upon user reports to police any questionable listings, which is one reason that (to their credit) they are attempting to make the reporting process more streamlined.

Go Wings!

Just got back from Florida, so I am late to the discussion. All you can do is report these guys. Ebay does not scan for this stuff, or much else for that matter.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:50 am 

bbarsh wrote:
Xaxaxe wrote:

Go Wings!

Just got back from Florida, so I am late to the discussion. All you can do is report these guys. Ebay does not scan for this stuff, or much else for that matter.

Ebay relies on others reporting offenses to police the same. They don't scan for anything.  If you get busted be assured someone reported you to ebay. I was told this by ebay employees on two different ocassions, that they rely on other Ebayers to get you.

Mike B.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:09 am 

We really shouldn't expect Ebay to police anything.  They make money off of an open market.  SO long as customers are not lost through shady practices, they are motivated to stay out of the way.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Previous