Woodgrain on ebay
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:31 pm 

bclarkie wrote:David, do you think that someone is intentioanlly trying to interfere with your win?? Sure seems like it to me. :evil:   It almost seems like someone is trying to act like they are you (perhaps using a very similar email address or some sort) and now trying to say that you dont want it.  Something very fishy is going on here and it is starting to piss me off.

I'll just wait for their reply... or a return of that PayPal transaction... to know.

Wouldn't be the first time I've been stabbed on a woodgrain auction, if so, but hoping is just a huge misunderstanding, somewhere. Like thinking $15 would cover airmail post + insurance to the UK! (...hadn't thought 'bout false email headers, Brian).

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:32 pm 

It's possible to fool the sender line in emails..I get Paypal scam emails like it all the time (have blocked them before, but it blocks some actual Paypal emails) so it's a possibility..not sure if it can be done through Ebay though..so that is one possibility you can try to prove who you are.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:33 pm 

David, point the seller here.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:35 pm 

bclarkie wrote:David, do you think that someone is intentioanlly trying to interfere with your win?? Sure seems like it to me. :evil:   It almost seems like someone is trying to act like they are you (perhaps using a very similar email address or some sort) and now trying to say that you dont want it.  Something very fishy is going on here and it is starting to piss me off.

yeah i was just going to suggest the same thing. can they not supply you with some of the messages that they must have apparently received to take the stance that they have?

as BC says, something very fishy going on. i find it immensely hard to believe that someone from here would interfere in this fashion....but hey, what do i know.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:36 pm 

faro wrote:
I trust your assessment of their chacter is correct,  Steven, and that there's just been a 'misunderstanding' in there, somewhere?

Well, I received a Second Chance Offer through ebay.  Which is still active 8O

I sent them an email saying I would think about it (was going to check with you as to why you turned it down  :lol: ) and then I got an odd email asking about whether I had spoken to you about condition.  I told them I had posted on the Acaeum - after the auction ended.  Then another email saying that you were going ahead. I think they probably are honest - although I am not actually a good judge of character (which makes for an eventful life)  :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:37 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:David, point the seller here.

Good idea, Frank... *does so*

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:39 pm 

red_bus wrote:Well, I received a Second Chance Offer through ebay.  Which is still active 8O

I sent them an email saying I would think about it (was going to check with you as to why you turned it down  :lol: ) and then I got an odd email asking about whether I had spoken to you about condition.  I told them I had posted on the Acaeum - after the auction ended.

Thanks for the note. When did you get that Second Chance Offer, Steven? (Before they contacted me??).

Would certainly recommending not hitting that button, since it has been paid for.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:41 pm 

faro wrote:
Deadlord39 wrote:David, point the seller here.

Good idea, Frank... *does so*

i just find it really strange that if someone is mailing them saying "i want the item" and the funds are sat in their paypal account, they dont take that stance.

wierd

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:41 pm 

PM me your email and I will forward all the emails on to you.

Let's go fly a kite

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:54 pm 

red_bus wrote:PM me your email and I will forward all the emails on to you.

Was just writing that note via eBay to them when an email casually popped up from them asking 'how much insurance I wanted'...

Neat, after that $15 quote on the invoice (including insurance) and having already added $5 extra on the payment to split-the-difference... :roll:

The latest made no reference to me 'not wanting' the woodgrain and said nothing 'bout Second Chance Offer(s).
Have told them to make sure they ditch that/those, anyhow.

Sheesh...

(fowarding emails)

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:10 pm 

Have forwarded the emails from her directly to your email David.

Let's go fly a kite

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:23 pm 

red_bus wrote:Have forwarded the emails from her directly to your email David.

(and replies to you...)

:roll:

I've no idea why eBay allowed that Second Chance Offer to go out whilst the sale was still open and/or the 'Offer to NOT go ahead with the sale' process had not been completed.

Sounds more like a misunderstanding now, reading those, even if it's still strange they told me first that they'd never seen my original request, then that they had sent me those detailed pics! Plus no word at all on my query re. postage.
(Oh, btw, could you forward me those pics? ;))

Should be clear soon, if that's the case. Yeah, and glad I posted here and that you were around, too... :o
Cheers, Steven!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:05 pm 

faro wrote:
I've no idea why eBay allowed that Second Chance Offer to go out whilst the sale was still open and/or the 'Offer to NOT go ahead with the sale' process had not been completed.

Ebay allows second chance offers on anything that has more than one bid regardless of the item.  A seller could be selling a feckin Sherman tank and if it generated more than one bid it allows for that option. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:13 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Ebay allows second chance offers on anything that has more than one bid regardless of the item.  A seller could be selling a feckin Sherman tank and if it generated more than one bid it allows for that option. :)

*sigh*. Yeah, that's true, isn't it. Duh... thx, Brian!
Don't need to specify if it's the same item or whether they just happened to have another (woodgrain) lying around. :?

OK, think I've squared this with Steven, but nothing back from Robin and I replied to her 'how much insurance I wanted' query (above) within 15 minutes.

=
[ed.]: fixed... I think! Oh boy... fun, fun, fun... (Thanks again, Steven).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:58 pm 

Very interesting drama.  The internet is not really two-way communication...so it is sometimes wide open to miscommunication.

During the past fantasy football season I got a "final notice" from our league administrator...but it arrived at the same time as his "first warning" that was sent out two or three days before.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

PreviousNext